Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Phone Kit

when I got mine, they tried to sell me the bluetooth kit but I defo wanted the full cradle kit as these new color phones all have rubbish battery life and I wanted it to charge while I was in the car.

I got a genuine nokia cradle kit for £80 brand new and a bracket from dashmount.co.uk for £20.

Sooty - I live near Chester if it's any good!

Personally I'd go for the cradle option, the Bluetooth quality seems to be as good as the cradle but I find it's not a seamless transfer from mobile to Bluetooth, e.g. when your on the phone walking to car and you expect the Bluetooth to kick in when you switch on the ignition - well mine doesn't, you have to choose Bluetooth / activate Car-k cradle! Seems a bit stupid to me.

Anyway, your welcome to come and have a look at it -PM if you want to arrange something.

I dont believe that to be the case, my phone has BT enabled all the time and it last just as long as it did when I never had BT enabled at all. I get about 4 - 6 days between charges with my Nokia 6310i.

• 2 weeks later...

right i now have the CK-1w kit

i am installing it 2morrow

just a few questions

1) where is the best place to place the main box where all the leads connect to?and should i screw it or do somethin else?

2)what do i need to do to make sure radio is muted when i recieve a call

3) Anythin else i should be aware of?

cheers

right i now have the CK-1w kit

i am installing it 2morrow

just a few questions

1) where is the best place to place the main box where all the leads connect to?and should i screw it or do somethin else?

2)what do i need to do to make sure radio is muted when i recieve a call

3) Anythin else i should be aware of?

cheers

Yup Bluetooth is the cleanest install...

I have the Nokia CK-7W (Nokia Bluetooth Car Kit), Scarface has the CK-1W which is more to his tastes apparently (but there again I have seen his taste in wimin too :lol:)

I fitted mine in just to the side of the radio (there's a gap between teh facia and the bar that holds the radio unit.

I think Scarface has his tooked in the far side (near side wing) next to the glove box.  I looked on mine and I already have a box with a big heatsink on in that location so it would have been a no go for me to install there.

THere is a few posts in teh electronics, audio and video section detailing which pins on the radio are the mute etc. 

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=radio++pinouts

There is also rummour of a TMUTE pin (may need another search for that)... as it might solve the problem of the CD not pausing when the phone mutes the radio.

HTH :)

well ur car kit is pants :)

ive got a nokia that was fitted in 1996 when the car was new :):):)

its HUGE !!!!

heres the phone , got to get one first :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...rvi:1:3v_search

http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/nk51/?rd....yourphone.nk51

*edit found one* :):):)

Steve, is it the 21 century yet?

• 2 months later...

bit of a late reply but I've got a Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth kit installed in my wifes people carrier, and I'd totally recommend it. It comes with a screen and uploads your phonebook to the screen so you can search and make calles from the screen without even having o take your phone out of your pocket.

Was only about £120, can't remember where I got it from but google it and you'll find one.

• 2 weeks later...
All honestly, the portable bluetooth kits I used to sell in the past have been pretty rubbish. By the time you have to fix the unit and plug the external mic in, it looks really cluttered and performance was not great either.

But everyone has their own opinions and experiences, all Id say is that you cant be a hard fitted car kit.

I think you had a naff installer then mate! You can only see the controller in mine :)

And yes, quality is better in a wired kit, although if you change your phone.......

Plug N Play kits are what I was refering to. So its down to the average "Joe" to install it as its a portable kit. We/my company only install full wired kits.

• 2 weeks later...
i have had this in for a while now got thwe nokia ck 1 kit

i installed base etc just got me mate to do the wiring

only thing not quite working is the mute!!!!!!!

Yellow cable from your carkit to pin4 orange and blue cable at the back of the stereo (just posted this elsewhere).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links