Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anees's Car Pc Thread - Advice And Info

One funny thing however.....

One the way back I was following Geoff when I noticed that sound was only comming out of the one side of the speakers! I horned Geoff and we turned into a quite side-street to have a quick look. Turned out that the audio connector on the back of the PC had just come out slightly!! WHAT AN IDIOT!! :blush:

there is nothing better than when you think there is a big problem, that there is a simple solution!

cheers for the diagram :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sory I've been AWOL for a few days.

Chris..to connect the circuit board:

Connecting the circuit board

This will be the hardest part of putting your system together.  Looking at the rear of the control circuit there are two large plugs. The largest one is where you will connect your wires. There are small prongs inside the plug and you can either solder the wires on or use small female connectors. Be sure that NO pins are touching each other or you might short your circuit board.

The wiring goes as follows:

(12v+) - Top right corner pin of the large plug

(Acc.) - Bottom right corner pin of the large plug

(Ground) - Bottom left corner pin of the large plug

I was going to do the diagram - but I've lost it! :blush: It is easy however. Just follow the instructions above. I have done what I can remember off memory.

diagram.jpg

Mine was quite easy to connect because I had the wiring for the carkit under the dash and that was clearly labled - so I just cut-into that! :D

thanks so much for the diagram, will be testing that soon, run out of time to attempt it this weekend but now i cant wait to get on with it!

btw i am very impressed with the install so far!

I found an unsecured Wireless AP outside my local chippy today - not that I would ever use it!... :whistling: :mat:

Car is almost done now really. Just need to give it a clean. The pictures don't really do it justice!

It looks great at night!! :D :D :D

My list of improvements are going to be:

1. Get a Laptop style touchpad which I can keep near the drinks holder. The touchpad will make it easier to control the PC -the touchscreen is all well and good - but can be a abit awkward to reach at times.

2. Install Prolex reversing Camera. I have put all the wiring in place to autoswitch to the camera when reverse is selected - all I need now is the camera!

3. Get a much better wifi antenna!

4. Get my Slim CDRW/DVD hooked up.

4. Look at some games I could install and play using wireless pads!!

I love having a 160Gb HDD full of movies/music/software at my disposal!

The PC had been ONE HELL of alot of work and effort and just shows what you can do when you put your mind to something - despite having no experience of what you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys!

Got some interesting news. A columnist from CNET has contacted me asking if they can feature my Car PC install!! :D

Completely out of theblue. Can't believe they would choose mine!! Quite satisfying actually! Their are loads more "fancy" installs then mine. Apparently mine was chosen because it looks "stock"

Hope its a legit request. :blush:

Anees

Mr Morse...

To help explain the background effot that has gone in to this....

I have had NO previous car electonics experience at all!

I have SO MUCH go wrong that to be honest I am just grateful that its in and working!!

In the course of putting this in the car I have had:

- cigarette ligher fuse blow so auto-on wouldnt work

- Xenarc controller board blow up -BLACK SMOKE in the car. Had to replace screen. (Met Brettster in Huddersfield at 1.30am!! :lol: typical lexus drug dealers)

- Car Battery Died

- Lost all sound from head unit when a transister blew in the AUX-IN and locked the phone kit into mute mode. :blink:

- My Mp3Car.com cd enclosure set on fire!! YES FIRE!!

- Opus fuse has blown twice

- Panasonic Slim Slot CDRW/DVD died.......was replaced by the place I bought it from.

- Touchscreen wouldn't work....had connected the touchscreen overlay the wrong way! :blush:

- Scratched my touchscreen overlay when putting the Sat Nav housing into the car - since my first Xenarc screen was dead I switched it.....

- Burning smell comming from the screen housing again -turned out the magnets in the motor in the housing was causing the Xenarc transformer to overheat!

- Had to take out and put back in the Sat Nav housing 6 times!! Its a pain to do because its very tight space and you have to unscrew everything!

- Lost about a pint of blood and much more in sweat!! :P

I've almost killed myself doing this install and questioned why the HELL did I start this!!! Just want to enjoy it for a bit now!

Ive seen this in action  :D well done Anees  :winky:  its a top job mate  :D

Gordon....I'd help you make one...

BUT

Only on the understanding that my kneecaps stay in place if I set your car on fire! :unsure: :duh: :P

Well done mate, top job!  Wish I could have a system that sweet!

PS- I noticed on the screen you were playing RDB!  Big up to the bhangra muffins!  :zee:

All music has been selected by my 12 year old brother!! :P :lol:

He apparently thinks RDB, Punjabi MC and some others are good. I'm not really into music - but since I started driving it is good to have something to listen too! :winky: I'm sure that with most of the indian music he says he likes he doesn't have a clue what they are saying - then neither do I most of the time no matter if its english or some other language! :lol::blush:

I usually listen to the radio (TalkSport) but after so much time and effort on the PC I'aint gonna be listening to the radio!! Want to enjoy the AUX-IN too!! :lol: Need to expand the MP3 selection!

I have a very cool addition planned if it works! ;) Hopefully it arrives tommorow!! :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links