Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Telepathy & Dreams

Niraj

Just to add a little further...

You see, if you wake up in the middle of a dream - 30 mins to an hour after waking up - try and remember the dream in any sort of detail, or even at all, and you'll struggle - you really will..

BUT, you try and remember a day or so later - you think you can remember - but in all honesty, you probably cant, in all honesty, your sub-councious has probably filled the gap with something which isnt actually what you dreamt.

So, when a dream comes true (in a manner of speaking) could it not be like i mentioned above - because you have this void from dreams, that as something happens, this is stored in your memory as a dream at the same time as it happens, making you THINK you dreamt it, when in fact you havent?

Dont get me wrong, im not saying all this is impossible, just improbable

The human body emits radiation of sorts? Waves and energy emission individual and unique that can be measured with the correct tools (eg Neuroscans)

'Energy emissions' if I understand you correctly are things that you measure with electrodes or gamma dectectors etc.

These are neither unique or individual. They are mere "by-products" of the processess that keep us alive. You can use them clinically to infer how efficiently everything is working but they are not communications carrying 'data' to be read.

Scans, as Fidgits says, are mere reflections (or absence of reflections) of things you fire at people.

I've just had a small discussion with my manager at work, regarding this topic.

He is very clued up on alot of things, and has given me a psychological perspective on things. I will have to think through how to write it out on here, but it is sure to be interesting.

Fidgits, that scientific POV was amazing. Being an ICT Administrator for my company, the scan disk metaphor was spot on. Enjoyed reading that! :)

He is very clued up on alot of things, and has given me a psychological perspective on things. I will have to think through how to write it out on here, but it is sure to be interesting.

Fidgits, that scientific POV was amazing. Being an ICT Administrator for my company, the scan disk metaphor was spot on. Enjoyed reading that!  :)

Niraj,

Dr Evil is a professional psychiatrist ;)

as in "makes a living from being a psychiatrist" :winky:

Fidgits, that scientific POV was amazing. Being an ICT Administrator for my company, the scan disk metaphor was spot on. Enjoyed reading that!  :)

Niraj,

Dr Evil is a professional psychiatrist ;)

as in "makes a living from being a psychiatrist" :winky:

Haha, thanks for the warning. Could have made a fool of myself if i had posted an entire lot of gibberish, or is it too late for that ? :whistling:

I've never studied Psychology, but always had a keen interest in all those things.

Derren Brown is great at what he does!

I believe that the brain is the most powerful machine in the world. If we could harness it's true power, we could all be (while i search for a better word) GODS!

What a facinating thread,I will have to go back and read it again later. I too have had feelings of deja vous,ie when arriving at, say a destination you have never been to before,or cannot remember being there before, you recognise certain landmarks.

Now this has happened on one or two occassions over the years,and I have always thought,maybe I had been here as a child,but trying to look back into my childhood,I can not bring a memmory from my subconcious.

Talking of dreams,I dreamt the winner of the Grand national. A year late :D

But some dreams leave a vivid and clear memory after waking up.

And I like Ians anology of the dream world.

Well done Ian

This thread certainly gives food for thought, and undoubtedly will throw forth many, and varied answers, which in turn will, I am sure,give further food for thought

Well thats my 1/2 pennorth worth

Well, i can set you straight on the Déjà vu thing, we've all have it from time to time, its just the signals from the eye, being slightly delays before getting to the brain.....simple :) .

no such thing as deja vu its just a glitch in the matrix

Speaking of the Matrix / Dreams / Telepathy, I have since wondered is what we see really the truth??? Maybe we DO live in a Matrix world, and we are all just pre-programmed to do these menial tasks as human beings.

This is all pretty serious by the way. I have had many an hour wade away with simple thoughts of :

"What is REALITY?"

I dont believe I have found a definitive answer for this question, and always find myself returning to try and solve the conundrum. The closest I have come, is by estimating that Reality is in fact a distortion of "The Matrix".

Just my brain still ticking away... :unsure:

so how about dreams?

i'd like to hear some stories of things that have come true after seeing them in a dream... can't think of the word but there's a special word for this kind of thing... "seeing into the future" etc...

I periodically get dreams which come true. It's never anything of major importance (unfortunately no winning lottery numbers), but more usually a conversation or minor event -- like bumping into people and them saying something I've already dreamt they've said. I don't know about the science bit, but it used to freak me out as a kid. It's something I've got used to now whatever the reason behind it!

A very very interesting read ..........

Dreams ... hmm.

I have often had "De Ja Vu's" ....... I will do something, or be somewhere ... and think "hang on a minute, I have seen this before" - the freaky part is .... I then know what is going to happen next :blush:

Also, I have ..... a long time ago, but have not had this happen to me for a while now, I'd be sleeping ... and would have a dream ....... wake up! then realise it was only a dream ...... and fall back to sleep, only to fall back INTO the same dream, but this time, I KNOW that I am dreaming ? ...... needless to say, I have got up to a lot of things when I have KNOWN I was dreaming ..........

I have often also found .... that if you wake up in the morning, and thinkg about something, or someone ......... and continuously think about it all day long ...... you will often dream about it in the evening in your sleep ...... or maybe I'm just completly weird.

I'll stop now ......... bed time soon, more dreams :D

Ha Ha Ha  :D

You can do it all for next to nothing, it's called LSD

or magic mushrooms if you prefer the organic version  :blink:

Big fun either way :lol:

lol. :lol:

Call me "Boring" if you wish, but i've not and will not experiment with those sorts of things. A bit of alcohol is alright though, as long as you're not driving.

Anyway, back to the point.

I have this reoccuring dream of actually OWNING a Lexus. LOL. Surely this is me being able to look into the future?! :D

Brilliant alternative post for a car based forum !!

Think I belive the deja vu etc - esp after so many experiences of being involved in meetings / negotiations and having a real sense of ground-hog day with the proceedings - either it is because I have pre-assessed every outcome in so much detail that events match my "memory" or deja-vu really exists ...

Sometimes events are so clearly "repeated" that I have to stop for a second and snap out of it.

Spooky :duh:

Well, i can set you straight on the Déjà vu thing, we've all have it from time to time, its just the signals from the eye, being slightly delays before getting to the brain.....simple :) .

what about seeing something

writing about it

then seeing same again exactly the same layout

how does that work then? or we back onto the coincidence thing again?

• 1 year later...
I have this reoccuring dream of actually OWNING a Lexus. LOL. Surely this is me being able to look into the future?!  :D

Dream on ............. :lol:

Just as i was reminiscing...

I got my car 1st July 2005 :hehe:

So my dream did come true :D :D

here's the link :) what happy "memories" hehehehe

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=24250

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links