Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Kn/miles To The Gallon

airboy71

I guess you have a heavy right foot. Your probably suffering from same thing most altezza drivers do... Torque from low rev range. Change gear before 3,500rpm for a week and see how much fuel you conserve. Don't stab the throttle... trust me you will be suprised how much fuel you save!! even with mine supercharged i'm able to save bit more if i don't run too much throttle!

All comes down to one thing... Do you want to have fun, or save fuel? trying to do both is near damn impossible ;)

Used to get 360 - 400 in mine - with or with K&N fitted - around 26 - 28mpg from memory.

RAV now struggles to get 300 to a tank - doing same mpg but it's only a little tank :P

Amazing how you miss a longer range - I'm forever filling up now ... :duh:

I got 400 miles from a tankful, in my IS300

I have no idea if this is good or not......

I'd say that's VERY GOOD!!

I got 320 out of mine ......... half town driving, other half m/w ........

the altezza has a 60l fuel tank or 15.8 gallons. TO be conservative i divided my milage (620km =387 miles) by 15 as i refilled it about 20km after the yellow light came on.

387 / 15 = 25.83mpg

i'll be damned if i got that milage more than once. I cant do the whole grandma driving thing :tomato:

my usual mileage is 280-300 miles to the tank or around 18.75mpg. The worst ive gotten was 14mpg :D that was a weekend full of nothing but drifting and roundabout raping :hehe:

the altezza has a 60l fuel tank or 15.8 gallons.  TO be conservative i divided my milage (620km =387 miles) by 15 as i refilled it about 20km after the yellow light came on.

387 / 15 = 25.83mpg

i'll be damned if i got that milage more than once.  I cant do the whole grandma driving thing :tomato:

my usual mileage is 280-300 miles to the tank or around 18.75mpg.  The worst ive gotten was 14mpg  :D that was a weekend full of nothing but drifting and roundabout raping  :hehe:

Is that US Gallons?

UK 60 l = 13 Gallons. 4.54 litres per gallon so 300 miles 23 mpg.

I get about 320 miles out of a tank or 25 to the gallon worst has been about 22 :crybaby:

Best i ever managed with out supercharger was 290miles.... all motorway @ 80mph.

Best i got with Supercharger is 210miles... However on motorway i managed nearly 300+ with supercharger :blink::huh:

Guest mark_tsang

Its about what i get from a full tank 380, 410ish not exact figure, Yet again i dont use the car long distance much. wonder how much different it is from a auto / manual.

I get 380-420 miles off a full tank - I have had as much as 440 when I'm on a long distance cruise

hi guys..

i get around 280-300 from my tez on a full tank...

best was like 320 worst i've had was near 220.. -_-"

but i do like to get the revs up a bit.. as the torque low down is too weak.

wats it like with the supercharger mr.singh??

im VERY interested...

ads

driving like i want to i get 16mpg, when i make an effort to save gas i can get 25-26mpg, im sure someone with a stronger constitution can get more than that but i just cant baby my car

If you haven't got a strong enough constitution then you can just remove the connections to the actuators for the VVT-i and put the 3sge into grandma mode... I've been playing around with this to see how it affect the 3000 rpm rumble. The car is certainly a lot quieter and less buzzy when it can't change to the more aggressive cam profile, but damn it's gutless!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links