Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Most Important To You About Your Car?

eddiea1

Ive noticed a hell of a lot of modded cars on the road that seem to handle pretty badly. I was just wondering what was most important for people on here - the way the car looks or the way it drives?

I think for me its the way it drives, although lucky for me I also think the IS is one of the best looking cars on the road as well.

:driving:

Edited by ScarFace

The way it drives is very important but I think that the Lexus range are all good looking motors and most of the mods on Lexus are tastefully done and subtle not to OTT.

i agree with you! i think the way it handles should be more important, but at the same time its nice to be differnt to to everyone else and be more individual.....it just all depends on what people spend their money on. :P

When I bought mine I wanted something reliable that drove well and looked cool but apart from that it was just a car. I certainly didn't intend to modify it....hmm...

How about this for subtle !

-------------------------------

pic removed, keep it to GOLD (then again, I posted it in gold ages ago :P )

Edited by ScarFace

Both, mine feels like its on rails, but does understeer being as low as it is, i think being 60mm+ lowered does upset handling little...

I hope you dont go to the cinema at Surrey Quays leisure park cos you would be well and truly f**ked mate :duh:

Well I havent done any mods to my IS300 although I am thinking about a nice new set of alloys as the original equipment ones are a bit dull..... maybe some coloured calipers as well - any suggestions welcome.

I did think a couple of weeks ago while er doing some spirited driving with a Subaru Impreza that I could use some more power though as the Scooby made mincemeat of me in the corners but of course theres no way an IS300 could hope to beat a prodrive scooby sti :winky:

Handling and brakes come first on my list.

Then performance (no good having loads of power if it won't corner or stop?) :crying:

Looks come last (e.g. styling, whats the point in having a car that looks like it's doing the ton standing still in the car park but has a lump under the bonnet that would'nt pull the skin off a rice pudding?). As has been pointed out the IS is a good looking car anyway, that's what started me digging back when I bought it.

Personal preferance is to have the car looking as standard as possible, keeps chav's and the law off your back, but goes like **** off a chrome shovel :D

Handling and brakes come first on my list.

Then performance (no good having loads of power if it won't corner or stop?) :crying:

Personal preferance is to have the car looking as standard as possible, keeps chav's and the law off your back, but goes like **** off a chrome shovel :D

thats not a bad philosophy I can see where youre coming from.

the other thing I should have asked is what is the use of having a really fast tuned car if youre not that great a driver in the first place? Maybe spending some money on track days / performance driving courses would be a good place to start?? I was thinking about this in my case - would it be better to buy a day driving at a track than spending a load of wonga on new wheels.....

just a thought :winky:

the other thing I should have asked is what is the use of having a really fast tuned car if youre not that great a driver in the first place? Maybe spending some money on track days / performance driving courses would be a good place to start?? I was thinking about this in my case - would it be better to buy a day driving at a track than spending a load of wonga on new wheels.....

just a thought  :winky:

Good point better to find the limits where you can spin or run off without taking out a hedge or worse another car.

But we are all Great Drivers are we not, it's all the other idoits on the road that need lessons lol :lol:

The way it drives is very important but I think that the Lexus range are all good looking motors and most of the mods on Lexus are tastefully done and subtle not to OTT.

Terry has hit the hail on the head :D

In total agreement here

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links