Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm Going Nuts

please help ! my is 200 alarm system goes off for no reason occasionally , lexus in hull say they think that the cable between the alarm ecu and the main ecu is faulty but they are not 100% sure ,. they still want to charge me £300 to do it anyone out there had the same problems or any advise would be a great help to me and the neighbours

I had a simlair problem on a GS430 and the outcome was because I had Coins in the centre console and was told that the metal could interfere with the Alarm. Sounds funny I know but removing the money from the central console stopped the problem ever happening again. This was back in 2002.

I had a simlair problem on a GS430 and the outcome was because I had Coins in the centre console and was told that the metal could interfere with the Alarm.  Sounds funny I know but removing the money from the central console stopped the problem ever happening again.  This was back in 2002.

i will remove anything metal in the central console and keep everything crossed

cheers for the help hope it works :zee:

I had a simlair problem on a GS430 and the outcome was because I had Coins in the centre console and was told that the metal could interfere with the Alarm.  Sounds funny I know but removing the money from the central console stopped the problem ever happening again.  This was back in 2002.

Very spooky! :crybaby:

mine does this sometimes too, but only now and then...

i also hav coins in the centre pocket up front (will remov'em ) but i also park straight underneath a street lamp, do you think that this will trigger the alarm in anyway?

(read a post a while back someone mentioned something about street lamps sending the alarm blarring out)

please help ! my is 200 alarm system goes off for no reason occasionally , lexus in hull say they think that the cable between the alarm ecu and the main ecu is faulty but they are not 100% sure ,. they still want to charge me £300 to do it anyone out there had the same problems or any advise would be a great help to me and the neighbours

Hi

Had a similar problem on my 2001 200se about 2 years ago. Problem traced to faulty wiring in the headlining near to interior light and had to be replaced under warranty. At the time the dealer said that this was known to have happened in other cars.

There was no pattern to when the alarm went off - just random.

I think there is an interior ultrasonic alarm system that can be disabled. A friend had a car and his alarm kept going off at random times and it turned out to be a spider in the car setting it off!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links