Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ebay Warning

Bazza

my daughter placed an item for sale

it was a purse

described as "a burberry STYLE purse"

almost immediatly got warning from eBay that the item breaks laws and that burberry are willing to prosecute etc etc etc

told account will be terminated if item is relisted or similar items are listed

WTF .... :ohmy:

Q..................is this the end of chavism :)

BURBERRY

It is illegal to import, manufacture, offer for sale, sell, advertise or distribute counterfeit or infringing BURBERRY products.  These activities are in violation of the law and can carry both criminal and civil penalties.  Additionally, this activity is expressly prohibited by eBay (see section 6.2 of eBay’s user agreement http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html) and will result in your auctions and user account being cancelled.

Bazza,

Are you sure the email is genuine? I've just run a search on burberry on eBay and there are tons of items for sale.

Have you got the eBay alert monitor running? If not, I'd suggest you do.

BTW, that link you posted is not found - I'd double check the email you were sent for authenticity.

The reason I'm questioning this is there are loads of scam emails being sent from eBay and they ask you to verify your id / password and they're fake.

I've never heard of items being pulled under a copyright protection - take La Coste for example, i've bought 2 polo shirts off eBay £15 each, they're fake (very good copies) and they're from Singapore - but they weren't pulled off eBay, and infact the seller is still trading!)

Good luck!

it is probably a keyword email sender.

re-list it without saying anything about burbury. just call it a check pattern handbag or something

Bazza,

Are you sure the email is genuine? I've just run a search on burberry on ebay and there are tons of items for sale.

Have you got the ebay alert monitor running? If not, I'd suggest you do.

BTW, that link you posted is not found - I'd double check the email you were sent for authenticity.

The reason I'm questioning this is there are loads of scam emails being sent from ebay and they ask you to verify your id / password and they're fake.

I've never heard of items being pulled under a copyright protection - take La Coste for example, i've bought 2 polo shirts off ebay £15 each, they're fake (very good copies) and they're from Singapore - but they weren't pulled off ebay, and infact the seller is still trading!)

Good luck!

yep definetly genuine

basically is giving reasons why the item was withdrawn

does not ask for any type of reply/ passwords or id`s

email was from eBay and then has a link to burberry

what gets me is the fact it clearly stated burberry "style"

that indicates to me that it is not a genuine burberry

so it wasnt as if we were trying defraud anyone

and they are threatening termination of account !!!!

oh well such is life :lol:

i would more than believe this all to be correct, as my boss' girlfriend bought a Roxanne leather handbag from eBay, which was then found to be fake. My boss obviously furious that he had spent £400 on the bag (on ebay) called the Roxanne bag manufacturers, who immediately hired a PI (ex cop), and did a trace on the originator of the bag. Needless to say, the seller is now in deep XXXX.

So eBay are probably taking more stringent actions towards the products auctioned through their site.

* I edited out the swear word as you dodged the filter - Zee.

Edited by Zee007

This is correct ......... the fact is ...

you can't use a copyrighte'd name ..... to describe an item.

IE a mate of mine has some ......... multi - tool's .......

he advertised them as "leatherman type multi tool" and that got removed ! :D

This is correct ......... the fact is ...

IE a mate of mine has some .........  multi - tool's .......

he advertised them as    "leatherman type multi tool"    and that got removed !  :D

to be honest though if you want to buy authentic go shopping at designer stores if you are happy with fakes that look like the real thing then eBay is fine i know for a fact that i am not going to get a pair of £300 jeans for £39.99 on buy it now

Its never going to be that much of a buyers market

So how do they get away with "Lexus lights" then :question:

Good point ........... ask Mr Lexus him self , maybe he can't be bothered to pursue ! :D

Good point ........... ask Mr Lexus him self , maybe he can't be bothered to pursue ! :D

plaigarism is the highest form of flattery apparently though

I believe there is a copyright on the name "Lexus Style" which in effect means they are being advertised as the actual goods.

If you have Lexus Style Lights for sale (eg for a Corsa, Peugeot, etc..) then there is nothing "Lexus" themselves can do anything about, as they are being sold under the description that they have been patented.

A bit of a slip by Lexus methinks by not covering all aspects of the Patenting laws.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links