Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

More Is250 Pictures

stop tempting me with all these pics!!!!!

i want one badly.....but can't afford one, damn student loan payments....

I agree Barrie - It would be nice to see it in the original blues and blacks...

and red :D

okay - had a quick play with photoshop to see if i could get an idea for how it would look...

newisblue.jpg

newisred.jpg

I'm still not sure what i think - although i really do like the interior...

strange how nearly every picture of the IS is in silver

i really dont think its the best colour for it  ;)

I agree it would be nice to see some dark colours :) would really like to see one in dark grey.

Manufactures favour silver for press shots as it captures nearly every line and curve, and especially the way light reflects off surfaces

On the piccy of the door controls (last one) - don't the mirrors fold electronically any more ?

Can't see a switch for it !

That's a good point, don't see it on the dash anywhere either :unsure: Hope they haven't left it off, it would be a major error :ph34r:

On the piccy of the door controls (last one) - don't the mirrors fold electronically any more ?

That's a good point, don't see it on the dash anywhere either :unsure: Hope they haven't left it off, it would be a major error :ph34r:

its hard to get great big elephant ears to electrically fold in!

its hard to get great big elephant ears to electrically fold in!

blimey i hadnt noticed that before

they are huge !!! :crying:

I really do like the interior on the new IS B), maybe a touch bland in some areas, makes the current one look a tad dated :crybaby:

So is it true they will only come with an Auto box?? can't say I've seen any pics to suggest otherwise

Niraj..................

Can you do a quick how too.......

For how you changed the colour like that?

I managed with basic colours....(like Ian) but your version is better.

Sorry Ian :)

Niraj..................

Can you do a quick how too.......

For how you changed the colour like that?

I managed with basic colours....(like Ian) but your version is better.

Sorry Ian :)

No problemo...

Firstly lassoo the shell of the body. This will include the lights the windows number plates and all the plastic trims you can see directly between roof and chassis, and the front and back. :) copy this to a new layer.

Now on this layer, lassoo the windows, wing mirror, lights, number plate, plastic trims, and anything else that ISN'T bodywork. Once all are selected (can do it one by one) hit the delete key to remove them from the layer. :hehe:

Ensure your metal shell is the "top layer" in the program. You can now hit the "skin mask" button to ignore all else. In the layer window actually click on the (now masked) image. :ph34r:

To change the colour from here, you have two choices. You can either colourize and change the Hue/Saturation, or you can adjust the Curves.

Finally to make it realistic you will have to adjust the brightness and contrast to match the surrounding pic.

PS: I really am no expert, this is just the way i do it. :blush::driving:

thats how i did it to.

Rob, bear in mind, Niraj just made the silver a little darker, not exactly rocket science ;) (no offence)

To actually change the colour from silver to a solid colour is much more difficult (feel free to prove me wrong), and it is harder to get a realistic hue.

As Niraj says, if you fiddle with Hue and Brightness/contrast, that can help, but you could spend hours tweaking it.

Also, i find it helps to 'desaturate' the shell beforehand...

Here's a set of paints as per Lexus colour schemes... (almost)

Shell

shell_is250.jpg

Platinum Ice

ice_is250.jpg

Chamonix White

white_is250.jpg

St Lucia Pearl

pearl_is250.jpg

Granite Sky

granitesky_is250.jpg

Astral Black

black_is250.jpg

Scarlatti Red

red_is250.jpg

Persian Quartz

quartz_is250.jpg

Glenarvon Pine

glenarvon_is250.jpg

Antimony

antimony_is250.jpg

Montrose Blue

blue_is250.jpg

Not perfect but gives a good example... :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links