Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering

I visited this private garage near me and he said that lowering th car could damage the wishbones and cause other components to be affected. Is there any truth in this. I am only planing to change the springs and lower the car by 30mm. Can any one advice me on this matter.

Thanks

Lowering does change the suspension setup of your car. It will put abit more load on your shocks and the footprint of your car tyres will change since the car sits lower on the tyres - this can usually be resolved by having a geometry adjustment.

In some cases lowering can also cause your tyres to wear out quicker.

I have my car lowered 30mm on Eibach springs and just yesterday I checked my tyres and they looked great - no signs of uneven wear! This was after having a full geometry check a few months ago (approx 5K miles)

Things may read real complicated here but in reality its not...? the IS looks a "babe" -30mm and ok will need a geom, fact is it will need a geom anyway @ some point thats the nature of the car, follow your heart, go for it, we here at "team" LOC will ensure all stays well :D

It can cause problems ...........

Like mine did.

I had 4 people in the car ..... went over a (lowered man hole cover) it caused the anti roll bar drop pin (bolt) to brake, and bend the pin ........

New pin is £31 from Lexus ...........

Oh well ......... :yawn:

It can cause problems ...........

Like mine did.

I had 4 people in the car ..... went over a (lowered man hole cover) it caused the anti roll bar drop pin (bolt) to brake, and bend the pin ........

New pin is £31 from Lexus ...........

Oh well .........  :yawn:

Ahmet i didn't want to display that issue, but "Yes" Lex2005 lowering can have side effects, the rewards cost less :D

Ahmet i didn't want to display that issue, but "Yes" Lex2005 lowering can have side effects, the rewards cost less :D

Why not mate ? - it wasn't your fault ........ it was Matt Clawley's ..... he was the one sitting on that side of the car :D

Any one faced any major problems?

Quite a few of us have lowered the IS around -30mm and had no problems. :D

Some on here have lowered the car a lot more, and i dont think they've had any major problems if any.

Check out Mr Singh's car ;)

Any one faced any major problems?

Quite a few of us have lowered the IS around -30mm and had no problems. :D

Some on here have lowered the car a lot more, and i dont think they've had any major problems if any.

Check out Mr Singh's car ;)

AKA "MR Plough" :D

Lowering is an obsession, well it is for me...

Here's what i did one day, coilovers dumped all the way on the rear, put the jack down belly of the car hit the floor before jack was all the way down :lol:

my Battery packed up, thats the only pic i took :duh:

My moto... if it don't rub it ain't low enough... :hehe:

Lowering is an obsession, well it is for me...

Here's what i did one day, coilovers dumped all the way on the rear, put the jack down belly of the car hit the floor before jack was all the way down :lol:

my battery packed up, thats the only pic i took  :duh: 

My moto... if it don't rub it ain't low enough...  :hehe:

Is she crying cos there's no skin left on her arse :hehe:

not getting jack under my car is a bonus, means no fool can rob my precious rims :D

Really... it makes the car stable, and gives you more confidence behind the wheel :)

not getting jack under my car is a bonus, means no fool can rob my precious rims :D

Really... it makes the car stable, and gives you more confidence behind the wheel :)

Haha, don't you normally feel confident when the ride is higher? :blink:

Oh and lowering can have problems- especially if you live in a speedbump-ridden city like london with all manner of different speed restrictors to screw your car up :duh:

Haha, don't you normally feel confident when the ride is higher? :blink:

Oh and lowering can have problems- especially if you live in a speedbump-ridden city like london with all manner of different speed restrictors to screw your car up :duh:

No sitting higher makes you feel like you own the road, and have the right to do hit and runs inc. those when your in traffic and parked in tesco's car parks....

But i totally emphathise with those who live in london or anywhere for that matter with rough roads... Milton Keynes is very forgiving in that respect so i take full advantage of it..

Lowering reduces bodyroll, has effect on braking too... its just a must do mod. Not felt springs on a IS200, i went straight for coilovers, ride quality was fine upto 50mm drop, smooth and not hard. Anything more you will be in for a harder ride...

Am.

But i totally emphathise with those who live in london or anywhere for that matter with rough roads... Milton Keynes is very forgiving in that respect so i take full advantage of it..

Am.

Am.....does this mean your car never leaves Milton Keynes then? :P :P :lol:

Can your car take passengers?? :whistling:

Sure it leaves MK :)

Yep, i can have upto 4 passangers :)

Do you have to weight them before they can get in? :P :lol:

I was down at head office this week with my boss - a 120Kg American gentleman. I had to politely ask him to get out of the car when we pulled into the site to avoid scraping on the speed bump :blush:

I was down at head office this week with my boss - a 120Kg American gentleman. I had to politely ask him to get out of the car when we pulled into the site to avoid scraping on the speed bump  :blush:

Bang goes your pay rise then Mike :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links