Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pimp My Ride Uk

Ravstar

Hello Guys & Girls

FYI, Pimp My Ride UK starts this Sunday on MTV at 10pm.

Will Anyone be watching it? I think it should make for interesting viewing with Tim (Big Dawg) Westwood hosting the programme :duh:

"Turning rusty mingers into metal blingers" is the catch phrase.....

Will be interesting to see if they do acctualy go for old classic rusty mingers or things like my old boy racer-mobil's.

Cheers.

Stuart

Hello Guys & Girls

FYI, Pimp My Ride UK starts this Sunday on MTV at 10pm.

Will Anyone be watching it? I think it should make for interesting viewing with Tim (Big Dawg) Westwood hosting the programme  :duh:

"Turning rusty mingers into metal blingers" is the catch phrase.....

Will be interesting to see if they do acctualy go for old classic rusty mingers or things like my old boy racer-mobil's.

Cheers.

Stuart

Tim westwood wants SHOOTING........AGAIN! :winky: :D :D :D

so ill probably give the uk version a miss :whistling:

im going to watch it, i have about 10 mates coming round mine to see what its like. More for the comedy value than anything else!

To be honest i find the US one a bit tacky as well, they spend some good money and have some great idea's dont get me wrong...

Its just they never seem to do much engine wise, all show and no go most of the time.......

Personnaly i prefer 'Overhaul' on Discovery, when they take the car without the owner knowing and completly recondition the lot. engine, bodywork etc and there are some real nice lush cars on there......anyone else watch it or just me???

Jason :P

Watch the US one and it's good for a laugh.

Anyone see the one where the guy was studying car mechanics and wanted to customise cars. They took his old car away and did nothing to it cos they thought he should do it himself. The look on his face when they pulled the cover off was classic.

Mind you he got a brand new 4x4 customised instead.

Will give the UK one a try.

Watch the US one and it's good for a laugh.

Anyone see the one where the guy was studying car mechanics and wanted to customise cars. They took his old car away and did nothing to it cos they thought he should do it himself. The look on his face when they pulled the cover off was classic.

Mind you he got a brand new 4x4 customised instead.

Will give the UK one a try.

Yes i saw that one.....his face was a classic :lol: .....they did some weird things to his car though!!?!?! Like the tv screen underneath it so he could watch the how too video's and work on his car at the same time?????? That was messed up, i can just see him now lying under his car on his drive watching his 'how to get a car off you when the jack gives way' instruction video :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No wonder he's called the big Dog he looks huge in that photo, or are they OompaLoompah's stood next to him? :D

I'm definitely watching Westwood, what a :tsktsk: !

"Yeah baby, it's going down!"

He can't be worse than Mad Mike on the US version, he's got the most irritating voice and he always comes up with an amazing new place to fit monitors :blink: .

What happens when those cars get back to the hood with 40K of gear in?

(Sorry, silly question)

No wonder he's called the big Dog he looks huge in that photo, or are they OompaLoompah's stood next to him? :D

I'm definitely watching Westwood, what a  :tsktsk: !

"Yeah baby, it's going down!"

He can't be worse than Mad Mike on the US version, he's got the most irritating voice and he always comes up with an amazing new place to fit monitors :blink: .

What happens when those cars get back to the hood with 40K of gear in?

(Sorry, silly question)

You will find out in the sequel 'Recover my ride' :P

Anyone got a clue as to who they will be using to do the work???

Surely not ripspeed care of Halfords  :lol:

Stuart

CARISMA (Based in Sheffield i think)

Seen some of his work in Max Power

Renault 5, TVR Cerbera and a porsche 911

Will be watching it

Their is a Carizma in my area and 90% of their work is on TVRs as Melton Mowbray has the biggest show room full of the plastic things! They do an excellent job. Shame they couldnt do the work.

Personnaly i prefer 'Overhaul' on Discovery, when they take the car without the owner knowing and completly recondition the lot. engine, bodywork etc and there are some real nice lush cars on there......anyone else watch it or just me???

Jason :P

Dont worry Jase, I watch that whenever I catch it, much classier and funnier, and proper mods.

Will watch the 1st one to for the comedy value..

PS When Westwood isnt on Radio or TV he has a normal cockney accent ;)

Just watched the first episode of PMR UK. First impressions:

Westwood is an absolute wowwypop! :sick:

Apart from that the rest of the team seem pretty cool- quite different from the West Coast Customs crew but still unique and funny- and also obviously very talented!

I'm not a fan of morris minors, but they did a pretty sweet and clean looking job!

All in all quite cool, if only Westwood wasn't in there trying to act all 'gangsta'

Just watched the UK version with them doing up an old Morris Minor!

Er....not sure what to say about it....... Just seemed TOO much like the American one - in fact I'd probably say I prefer the American verison. :duh:

Whats up with the host - Mr Westwood? Can he not keep control of his hands? He is constantly waving his hands about whilst speaking and crouching. Never seen him before and didn't like him - seemed so fake! Atleast with Xzibit thats just the way he is!

I didn't like what they did to a classic car - especially the paint job with the flames and the chrome alloys I felt just looked wrong. The interior was nice however!

Still no performance/handling mods except lowering the suspension.

Overall not too impressed - I thought the British had taste!! :o

Next week brings a VW Polo.............

When was it on??

10.30pm MTV

Don't worry you didn't miss much! :crybaby:

The british verison just felt like a cheap, tacky version of an american hit show - its a shame because the team actually doing the work seemed like a nice bunch.

They need to add their own ideas and imagination to it and not copy the US version too strictly.

When was it on??

10.30pm MTV

Don't worry you didn't miss much! :crybaby:

The british verison just felt like a cheap, tacky version of an american hit show - its a shame because the team actually doing the work seemed like a nice bunch.

They need to add their own ideas and imagination to it and not copy the US version too strictly.

It's a shame it's too late- they already filmed the 6 episodes for the series apparantly so we will have to put up with Westwood, and no amount of petitioning to get him shot will help :crybaby: :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links