Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polish

gib

The following findings are likely to be controversial, but controversy is good, cause it stimulates debate.

I have tried all the wax/polishes, within reasonable cost, including Mer, Zymol, Autoglym, Meguiars and they seem quite good.

With all my previous cars, I have always had a bottle of Turtle Wax Colour Magic to hand :tomato: . So I thought I would try it out.

Well, the shine was fantastic, it was dark and glossy and was the easiest wipe on/ wipe off polish I have. Even more controversial was that it was Halfords own make and not TurtleWax. I rotate its use with my Meguiars stuff. I will post some pics when I work out how to do so, so have Raybans at the ready.......

Colour Magic has always worked best on dark colours. Used it for years without any negatives that people keep on coming up with.

Sorry :shutit:

The other bonus is that it is 'colour'.

Because I use the M25 daily through the roadworks I have aquired some very tiny almost invisible stone chips on my dark blue.

Meguiars puts white polish in these nicks and I end up with a more noticeable array. The bonus with TW Colour Magic is that blue polish gets put in the nicks.

I think next year when the roadworks have finished I may get the bumper and bonnet re-painted.

It not noticeable until you get quite close up but I know they are there :(

and i just used t-cut :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: 'cos MegX didn`t do an awful lot.

but do use sonus shampoo, KLasse AIO and Carnuaba wax, which took all ruddy day but lovely results, nice and deep.

also depends on what mood i`m in in cleaning the car as to how bovvered i can be with all that faffing around.......

one i did use ages ago was that stuff from QVC ( or similar), can`t recall the name but it "sheeted" the water off, and although it didn`t have the same deep gloss look to the polish, it looked cleaner for a longer amount of time!!!

:lol:

I use Colour Magic on my black Mariah, brings it up a treat. Can't go wrong with Turtle Wax stuff. Is generally good stuff.

Hear, hear. There can be a lot of snootiness when it comes to polish makes, B) but to be honest, the colour magic stuff is really good.

I read somewhere that bodyshops hate it, cause of the silicone thats in it. Well Megiuars NXT is silicone based and I use that a lot too. And I dont intend crashing the car in the near future so i wont be near any bodyshops.

Go on try it, you know you want to. just pour it into an empty Autoglym bottle if it suits.

B)

Guys, I've been there, seen it, done it. Yes I agree, that the Colour Magic type products can have an excellent result, especially on the flat colours like white, red and black.

But, consider it as only a single treatment. The product will only last for one application and the next time you wash the car you'll have to do it all over again to get the same result.

Compare this with Klasse AIO, several layers of Klasse SG followed by Carnauba wax. One you have completed this process, each time you clean the car for the next 2-3 months is a wash down with a mild detergent followed by a quick detail with maybe another quick layer of Carnauba wax. It may take some effort, but I swear by the Klasse products and won't use anything else.

The other bonus is that it is 'colour'.

Because I use the M25 daily through the roadworks I have aquired some very tiny almost invisible stone chips on my dark blue.

Meguiars puts white polish in these nicks and I end up with a more noticeable array. The bonus with TW Colour Magic is that blue polish gets put in the nicks.

I think next year when the roadworks have finished I may get the bumper and bonnet re-painted.

It not noticeable until you get quite close up but I know they are there :(

I have the M25 treck too A3 to M40, with the same nicks; would you know if they have a silver polish? Thanks

To add to this Pete Jenkin swears by Pledge I think it is, and his car does always look gleaming everytime I see it!

Is this Colour Magic just a polish and not a wax though?

and i just used t-cut :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  'cos MegX didn`t do an awful lot.

but do use sonus shampoo, KLasse AIO and Carnuaba wax, which took all ruddy day but lovely results, nice and deep.

also depends on what mood i`m in in cleaning the car as to how bovvered i can be with all that faffing around.......

one i did use ages ago was that stuff from QVC ( or similar), can`t recall the name but it "sheeted" the water off, and although it didn`t have the same deep gloss look to the polish, it looked cleaner for a longer amount of time!!!

I have some of that stuff in the shed..lost all the instuctions on correct application.......apply wet/dry....leave to haze.......or leave for a week etc.......?

i just use the entire Megurires NXT range, it works best if you use all the products together :-

NXT Shampoo

NXT Wax

NXT Spray Wax

NXT Glass Cleaner (Drys quick and clear + smells of cherry - Ask Aido)

NXT Metal Polish

As long as you use them together it works great. When you wash after waxing with the NXT shampoo it goes realy glossy again without the need for more wax, but a little top up with the spray wax never hurts!

and i just used t-cut :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  'cos MegX didn`t do an awful lot.

I have some of that stuff in the shed..lost all the instuctions on correct application.......apply wet/dry....leave to haze.......or leave for a week etc.......?

good lord, nothing as complicated;;thats if its the same product of course!!

you just washed the car, then applied this stuff which looked like snot in a bottle...........then you rinsed it off gently with a gentle hose.

its that product that reflects lasers and bullets, and makes the car difficult to keep in your hands when in the bath :D

To add to this Pete Jenkin swears by Pledge I think it is, and his car does always look gleaming everytime I see it!

Is this Colour Magic just a polish and not a wax though?

Tiz just a Polish my matey! :D

That was impressive stuff mate, seeing as it had cherry and alcohol in there I nearly wanted to drink it!

I liked the NXT stuff too, it does work wonders!

I need to look into the Klasse stuff at some point as that is just awesome too!

The last thing I tried was the Megs Dual Action Cleaner Polish (DACP), it seems to do a much better job than other cleaners / polishes I've tried to date, but it smells of smegma :sick:

i just use the entire Megurires NXT range, it works best if you use all the products together :-

NXT Shampoo

NXT Wax

NXT Spray Wax

NXT Metal Polish

As long as you use them together it works great. When you wash after waxing with the NXT shampoo it goes realy glossy again without the need for more wax, but a little top up with the spray wax never hurts!

What does Aido know bout cherries......!! :lol:

Sticking to Megs i think.... don't use the NXT stuff, as it makes the finish cloudy with less clarity than Pure polish then gold class wax..

Saw some black IS's @ JAE who i'm sure use Klasse, and i didn't seen anymore depth or clarity than what i've achieved.... i guess trying it would clarify that :)

Can't beat Quick Detailer for once over after Gold Class wash!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links