Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Is250 & 220d

Has Lexus overpriced the new IS range?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Has Lexus overpriced the new IS range?

• YES
    • NO

To be honest personally I'm not interested in either, didn't like the look of the car at Geneva when we were there but will hold my reservations for now until I see the car over here in the various colours...

My attention is now focused on the GS - I must be getting old but I love the MK3 - it makes me smile when I see things saying the new IS has sportier and bolder design - if anything that was the older model - the newer model is bland in comparision :lol:

The only thing that may swing me is the IS350 - that I may look into when the imports start arriving!

Audi's are not in the same league as Lexus. Very poor build quality in comparison. Audi would be the last one Id consider over the other manufactures.

Jag, BMW, Merc, Audi, and it goes in that order to.

I don't think they are over priced for what you get, aren't Lexus trying to make money by 2010? They've been building there reputation up over the last decade and have basically been undercutting rivals to lure you away from the Europian cars.

All Jap car companies are raising prices as they know there cars are better. Mazda has raised there game, Honda has started increasing prices, Subaru, Nissans, all of them are so its not unusual for a premium brand to do the same.

Look on the bright, higher prices of new IS's should mean that current IS's don't depreciate as quick. :P

Look on the bright, higher prices of new IS's should mean that current IS's don't depreciate as quick. :P

I agree! Let's hope so.

And lets also hope the parts for the current IS become cheaper as well! I wouldn't mind upgrading to full leather - that'll keep me happy for another year!

I wonder what Lexus will do with all them optional alloys they have for sale for the current IS - do you rekon they'll fit on the new IS - I can't see them wanting to do that though - I see a sale coming on - PLEASE!

well urm i would probably by a 05 or if they will do a 55 plate Lexus IS200 with everything thrown on it as they will be clearing out of all stocks of current

IS200's and all optional parts ie Grill,& skirt kit and for the RIGHT MONEY TOO

:D

well urm i would probably by a 05 or if they will do a 55 plate Lexus IS200 with everything thrown on it as they will be clearing out of all stocks of current

IS200's and all optional parts ie Grill,& skirt kit  and for the RIGHT MONEY TOO

:D

Just booked car for service. Been told they have a shortage of courtesy cars as they are being sold off in advance of new model. Maybe a sale has already started?

So there it is Lexus...it would seem that you have missed your market!!!

Any insights... (THE MOLE would be a good judge of this survey - you have to sell them!)

Ah but the votes of 37 people out of the load that actualy frequent the forums is not realy a representative sample... you'll be telling me you have some excellent anti-aging cream next ;) :lol:

It's a shame more people havent voted tbh.

So there it is Lexus...it would seem that you have missed your market!!!

Any insights... (THE MOLE would be a good judge of this survey - you have to sell them!)

Ah but the votes of 37 people out of the load that actualy frequent the forums is not realy a representative sample... you'll be telling me you have some excellent anti-aging cream next ;) :lol:

It's a shame more people havent voted tbh.

I was in the states a couple months back NY and then weeks later LA, and in NY (I was all over the city) the most common car was the Lexus, mainly the RX and the GS, saw very few IS's. It was like the BMW 3 series (for give me for swearing) over here. Albeit the US is totally different market but I know that Lexus are the number 1 import luxury brand over there ahead of merc, bmw, audi etc.

I think with the new models especially with the diesel they are going to do really well in Europe and the price is more for the new model, but I think your getting a lot more for your money, especially if you take into accound inflation and the fact that IS original model was designed back in 99(correct me if Im wrong). I think its going to do well but its lost its slight aggressive gangsta look that i always thought the is200 sport had. IN europe there has never really been successful Jap exec cars look at the nissan QX, honda legend, toyota camry they are killing the market in the states. I think IS250 will do well its defo catered for the euro market

thats my 2 pence anyway!

I think what we will find is that the Lexus will sell in limited numbers as a result of the 2.5 engine. By this being the entry model (and only petrol) you will find only those buyers looking at 325i, X-Types 2.5,

Mercedes C240 and Audi 2.5 also considering the Lexus IS. Thus Lexus is not taking on the other prestige brands in the lower market or higher market segments.

If Lexus have a fully speced IS 250 at under £30k, they might do well as it will bring in competition for the 320i and such like.

Otherwise...they are stuffed...look at the poll.

LEXUS THINK ABOUT IT!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links