Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wanted To Get Me Through Esva - Is200 Headlights

IanF

Does anybody have a spare set of standard headlights I could use to get my Tezza through the ESVA? - the HID lights it has on it now will have to come off.

Ideally I'd like to borrow them for a couple of weeks, but I obviously that's an outrageously cheeky thing to ask, so I don't mind paying the going rate.

Alternatively if anybody would lend me a set, I could make a donation - either to the person or their favourite charity...

Thanks in advance

Ian

sorry to sound really dumb, but whats the ESVA. i've heard it mentioned a lot, but am not sure what it is!!!!!!

Its Enhanced Single Vehicle Approval test - the test an import must go through to prove that it is road legal for the UK. It's like an MOT on steriods.

Ian

Are you after just the bulbs as I'm guessing you have the same converison kit the rest of is have? Any pics of the car as you can tell instantly as there is a difference between a standard halogen reflector and the reflectors designed for HID's

If it's just the bulbs you're after I'm afraid I can't help as I don't have any standard bulbs...

Are you after just the bulbs as I'm guessing you have the same converison kit the rest of is have? Any pics of the car as you can tell instantly as there is a difference between a standard halogen reflector and the reflectors designed for HID's

If it's just the bulbs you're after I'm afraid I can't help as I don't have any standard bulbs...

I'll stick some pictures up tomorrow - if it is just the bulbs then it doesn't sound quite as serious as swapping the whole headlight assembly

Cheers

Ian

These might do in the meantime mate - you want to really just look at the outside edge of the unit where the orange indicator strip is...

These are HID units:

index3hn.jpg

These are halogen units with the orange stripe:

index2pa.jpg

Guessing yours look like the second image? If so you just need the standard bulbs mate - just disconnect the power cable from the ballast and directly into a halogen bukb :D

light.jpg

light2.jpg

Looks like it's a standard light with HID conversion then - I'll nip into Lexus and see if I can get some standard bulb holders

Thanks everyone

Ian

should only need two lamps

the holders are fixed to the headlight, and would be very unlikely to have been changed

hard to tell from the picture but the ballast units usually just plug into the original lamp connector to get power, so it should be a case of just unplugging the ballast and plugging in a lamp

be carefull and dont touch the glass of the lamps !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links