Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

200bhp Gitta

star a

That doesn't look like the Beams engine - looks like a 1G-FE poking it's head out from the engine shot:

59_1_b.JPG

If that is the 1G-FE as opposed to the 3S-GE then you're only looking at 153bhp there... Think they're rated even higher for the higher octane Jap fuel so even then 160 tops...

Does a model report exist for a Gita as I notice it says it needs registering.....

It is a 1G-FE engine but Beams tuned to about 170BHP I think, someone may shoot me down.

Notice the wording "believed to be the only 200+ BHP Altezza Gitta imported" that could read believed to be 200 BHP :crying:

Also reason for sale "thought it was bigger" FFS. Who would import a car without checking out a Lexus SportX

He also goes on about how wondeful a car it is, how does he know can't have driven it cos it aint registered.

Seems well dodgy to me!

Looks like a man who's confused.

Everyone knows Altezza has 200bhp or thereabouts...

He's probably put 2 and 2 together and thinks with the 'Altezza' badge he has 'Altezza' power...

Maybe someone should tell him he's wrong.

Didn't think that Beams touched the engine in the AS range so it was similar power output to the UK models, except slightly more performance due to different mapping also not taking EU emissions into consideration?

The only Altezza I've heard of where the engine was fiddled with from the factory was Bam Bam's TRD Qualititat model which had been fettled with - see this thread for details:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=5533

Nice find mate, that's a nice smooth looking car - what are those side skirts though, they look like a smoothed version of the TRD's - anyone recognise them?

I do like that Sportcross grille too - in fact I may even prefer it to the Sport grille!

it says 2002 but it's got the tape at the top thought they changed in 2000  :question:

as far as i am aware :

the gita`s were made from 2001

(the engine shown has 2002 covers)

might be a mini disc player !!!

available in 2 and 3 litre versions

1g-fe

or 2jz-ge

no in line 4`s

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links