Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smoked 03 Headlights.

jensi

As my headlights are still having some condensation after washing the car I want to buy some new .As my car is imported from Germany I cant get the Lexus dealer to change them for free.

I am thinking about buying the smoked 03 mod or newer headlights.

Has anyone done this mod on a earlier mod than 03?

Do they fit without any big mods?

I have a 00 mod.

Jensi

Norway

Jensi, I had the 04 lights fitted to my car by Zee, Mike and Mark and they fit great - no mods were needed - they were indentical apart from the colour :)

Not sure of the part numbers you will need as mine were RHD units and you need LHD - good luck :)

Jensi, I had the 04 lights fitted to my car by Zee, Mike and Mark and they fit great - no mods were needed - they were indentical apart from the colour :)

Not sure of the part numbers you will need as mine were RHD units and you need LHD - good luck :)

I have got the part number .Thanks.

Did they look better than the earlier not smoked?

What do you think?

Jensi

I got them from Chris Shipley mate, he was doing a grup buy on them :D

Think they were 93 quid a side?

See you've gone back to a Granite Sky? You know it is the future - you coming Wednesday mate (if you haven't already when you get your car?!)

Listen guys ive been suppling Lexus and toyota parts for 15 years now and i can tell you now that it is impossible for a dealer to buy brand new headlamps in from Lexus for £63 each let alone supply them including postage and vat

i wouldnt mind seeing the part numbers supplied so i could see what Lexus suply them to dealers for.

Listen guys ive been suppling Lexus and toyota parts for 15 years now and i can tell you now that it is impossible for a dealer to buy brand new headlamps in from Lexus for £63 each let alone supply them including postage and vat

i wouldnt mind seeing the part numbers supplied so i could see what Lexus suuply them to dealers for.

Still it your choice, happy shopping

If this is aimed at Lexus Teeside which it most obviously is I would say that those guys are just being a little bit clever in a killer market with many competitors!

Its a buyers market!!

Customer is King!

Sometimes its a good strategy to sell cheap in the hope of selling in quantity rather than having an expensive product lying on a shelf with the odd sale everyonce in a while.

Bravo Lexus Teeside!!!!

If this is aimed at Lexus Teeside which it most obviously is I would say that those guys are just being a little bit clever in a killer market with many competitors!

This isnt aimed at anyone, im just stating a fact, so go **** yourself before you start going and implying things !

Well all of the posts above are as a result of Jasper offering information to other LOC'ers that they could get a really great deal from Lexus Teeside?

You questioned also how dealerships could sell headlamps for £63.00each inc vat & delivery which coincidently appears to be what Lexus Teeside can sell them for!!!. Thats how I must have been mislead with your random example of price being the same as Lexus Teeside's. Ohh well..

I think its great for LOC'ers anyway. A little competition never hurt anyone! Brings prices down for us customers.

Well all of the posts above are as a result of Jasper offering information to other LOC'ers that they could  get a really great deal from Lexus Teeside?

You questioned also how dealerships could sell headlamps for £63.00each inc vat & delivery which coincidently appears to be what Lexus Teeside can sell them for!!!. Thats how I must have been mislead with your random example of price being the same as Lexus Teeside's. Ohh well..

I think its great for LOC'ers anyway. A little competition never hurt anyone! Brings prices down for us customers.

Thats all well and good, but please dont go implying things and making me out to be the bad guy. I've been helping members out on this site for nearly four years. I hate to think i'd have to stop doing that because of things people have said.

Not making anyone out to be a bad guy Chris! What makes you think that??

Just interpreting your post Chris! I am actually naturally interested in peoples' comments and views on LOC and getting good value for money.

Hell I even made the 800mile round trip to JAE this year to get to meet some of these great people and see these wonderful cars!! I try to be curtious on here as I do in everyday life and would expect to be treated the same even if people dont agree with something I say. A PM or "hold up a sec.." usually works rather than being told to "go f**K yourself"

I know you have been helping members out on here for some time . Thats very nice of you and your fortunate to be in a position to have access to all Lexus/Toyota parts and information. The fact that you kindly share it with other members is admirable! So pat on the back for you!!!!

I was only wondering whether you were commenting specifically about Lexus Teeside's retail prices since your example of retail price and theirs happened to be the same? I dont see what the issue is if they choose to sell at the price they do?

Different dealerships use different strategies and I guess Lexus Teeside are just aggressively going after the parts market via the means of "impossible" prices as you said above Chris. "Theres no sentiment in business"

I wonder will they have the same "impossible" price for the new IS250 :D

A point very eliquently made Galla 4!

On the aspect of aggressive pricing for the forthcoming IS220... i very much doubt it. I bet the big franchises try and bum us for every pound they can!

Thats business! :yack: Up to LOC members to try wring every penny we can back by advising and critising I suppose.

:tomato:

This isnt aimed at anyone, im just stating a fact, so go **** yourself before you start going and implying things !

GALLA_4 just stating 'its a buyers market' and that if someone else is cheaper then its good for the consumers..

Oh well... I guess you read it little different, i felt that to be a big strong imo.

Oh well... I guess you read it little different, i felt that to be a big strong imo.

Maybe it was a bit strong, i apologise, i'm sorry but i have to defend myself as i see fit at the time. There have been so many times on here where ive had to bite my tongue and say nothing, i'm tired of it and i think its time i started to say something.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links