Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recent Recall For The Mats In Is200

aido

Not sure if this is actually recent but while at Notts today Louise noticed that there was a recall for my car regarding the mats, and there is a replacement available which is free of charge - she has ordered these for me and they'll take a couple of days - from what she said it is the entire mat that is replaced - will see what difference there is when they are swapped!

Not sure if this is a new one but I've been to the dealers many times over the last couple of years, a few times in the past few months actually and it's never been noticed before!

Go to Notts and see Louise - she's a very nice lady :winky:

Only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with the possibilty of the mat slipping out of the hook and sticking under the throttle as has happened to myself and various other members on LOC?

My vehicle is a Sep 2000 and it affected that one, not sure what exactly is replaced, the clip or the mat etc etc, assuming the lot as the part number came up at 43 quid, will let you know more when I have the info :)

This must be it:

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/...Lexus&makeId=C4

Not sure if I need it because my car is a December 2000 model. I already have the clips under the drivers seat. Does this mean I get some new mats too? :whistling:

My existing mats have a hole in them for the clip to go through - is this the same as yours Aido?

I guess so Anees?

Mine is Sep 2000 and only has one hole for the mat (which has two holes) to connect to. Think it connects on the uter side towards the drivers door.

Sounds the same as mine mate :)

Might be worth speaking to the dealer, Louise said she was going to get back to me in a few days when they turn up :D

The recall doesn't affect all IS's but youre local dealer can let you know if your car is applicable.

You can get the clips for the mats on there own, part number is: PZ410-C0353-BA and they retail at 78p each inc. Vat. Although, to be honest, most dealers will have some lying around that they will give away (and as you all know you don't often get freebies from us dealers :winky: ).

oh darn... my mats were getting a bit worn, i could've done with a new set... :( but i've already got the clip. damn!

I have a feeling my clip will suspiciously go missing on the way to the dealers for the fitting :lol:

Not going to say no to free mats :lol:

To be honest guys I have no idea what is and what isn't covered by this recall, I don't have any details!

@ Thom, you don't want mats anyway mate, they'll make you go slower :lol:

Not sure if this is actually recent but while at Notts today Louise noticed that there was a recall for my car regarding the mats, and there is a replacement available which is free of charge - she has ordered these for me and they'll take a couple of days - from what she said it is the entire mat that is replaced - will see what difference there is when they are swapped!

Not sure if this is a new one but I've been to the dealers many times over the last couple of years, a few times in the past few months actually and it's never been noticed before!

Go to Notts and see Louise - she's a very nice lady :winky:

Aido,

I reported a recall on June 27th this year, quote:

When I picked up my Lex from its last service at Lexus Bristol I found a very nice full set of luxury carpet mats, complete with gold 'Lexus' emblem on the front mats. Lexus Bristol told me they were fitted as they had a 'recall' on the originals??!! Must say the new ones are a lot better quality....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links