Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex Decatted Manifold & Race Pipe

Mr Morse

Well, BB is now back home...........on steroids! :winky:

The numbers:

Standard figures (Blue Flame cat back, standard manifold, down pipe, cats, Typhoon) 176.0 RWBHP @ 5779 RPM, 178.0 lb/ft @ 4086 RPM

With the decatted manifold and race pipe: 194.9 RWBHP @ 6363 RPM, 194.7 lb/ft @ 4035 RPM

That is an 11% increase in RWBHP and 10% increase in RWTRQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very impressive! :D

Will post up the graphs after I've had some shuteye

Well done to the Prolex team for all the hard work and perseverance and a big thanks to Aido for the lift down to London!

There remain a couple more things to sort out before there are no more horses to be squeezed out of her:

- Cold air box for the induction to bring the intake air temp as close to ambient as possible

- Remapped through an Emanage as the fuelling is now too rich

Which should bring her up to around 215 RWBHP!

The sound she makes is truely awesome - Driving back thru the Blackwall tunnel I opened her up and it was like all hell was let loose :nuke:

I can testify this is some seriously awesome kit, I mean, my car is loud, I was sat at 5500rpm which as anyone with an SC induction kit knows the car is screaming, and I could hear clear as day everytime you pushed the throttle to the floor!

The amazing thing is that it sounds so quiet when you're just cruising, as you say hell breaks loose when you floor it!

She pulls too - I couldn't keep up at all in mine and I was trying, although still having belt problems as you saw when we hit the M1 and I couldn't get control of the car until I hit sixth gear and floored it :lol:

In fact, it's that nice, I want one!

When can I have a drive, even in the passenger seat will do :whistling:

In short, awesome kit :)

- Remapped through an Emanage as the fuelling is now too rich

It will be too lean wont it?

Rich will mean flame type stuff out of the end :winky: :nuke:

Glad you're happy with it. I'll have to come and have a perv next week and have a ride with you.

Performance increase is impressive to say the least. What fly figures are those? (just trying to liken to the book BHP)

Wow, thats very very impressive!

Will you take it on a strip maybe?

I need to get the air intake temp sorted out (anything less than 70mph and intake temp is significantly higher than ambient)

And to have her remapped on an Emanage to correct the fuelling.....

Then we'll be ready to his the fission ignition on the strip! :D

Am - I would expect the 300 to have more torque lower down than the Tezza and max power on BB is at 6,400 where as the N/A Tezza is at 1000 revs more.

Mike - Have you had the rev limit increased or does the 300 rev higher than the 200? or is that just an approximation based on the rear wheel revs. Either way that is a well worthwhile increase in power and torque.

Another quick one do you still have the main cat in or is it straight through?

p.s you got the colours crossed over on the dyno chart mate :winky:

Am - I would expect the 300 to have more torque lower down than the Tezza and max power on BB is at 6,400 where as the N/A Tezza is at 1000 revs more.

Mike - Have you had the rev limit increased or does the 300 rev higher than the 200? or is that just an approximation based on the rear wheel revs. Either way that is a well worthwhile increase in power and torque.

Line colours edited! ooops

I think the 300 and the 200 have the same redline @ 6125 - I'm not sure how it was calculated, will ask. The reason that the dyno starts at 4100 is due to the auto tranny - it's not possible to hold her in gear manually at lower revs as the kick down cuts in.

The pipe is completely decatted......but we are working on something to get around the emissions problem :ph34r:

Line colours edited! ooops

I think the 300 and the 200 have the same redline @ 6125 - I'm not sure how it was calculated, will ask. The reason that the dyno starts at 4100 is due to the auto tranny - it's not possible to hold her in gear manually at lower revs as the kick down cuts in.

The pipe is completely decatted......but we are working on something to get around the emissions problem :ph34r:

guess not then! :D

That's an unsual looking power curve. It's not normal for a power curve to level off then increase again. Normally that would be caused by valve bounce (not in this case), tyre slip or the auto box not coming out of gear on the over- run in time (some transmission drag being recorded).

Any idea what figures you got for the manifold and de-cat separetely?

Glad to see you're pleased with it :)

Guys, myself and Mike had a little strip action last night, the 300 was beating my car from every conceivable position, standing start, and from a dig, at one point someone was driving it like I've never seen an IS driven in my life, I had no hope of keeping up, I thought I wasn't that bad but I was left behind big time :crying:

Mike, forgot to get some footage last night as it was late, we need to get some videos so I can put them up on LOC :D

It sounds mean as hell but is lovely and quiet when you're driving normally! Wish my car was like that, in fact, it will be at some point :winky:

Mike, forgot to get some footage last night as it was late, we need to get some videos so I can put them up on LOC :D

Have to try and get together over the weekend sometime......weather was awful this morning!

That roar is just too sweet not to share with everyone! :D

She's quick and sounds awesome.

When Mike arrived I thought it was a motorbike coming round the corner on full chat !

Has defo free'd up those horses and let them out to play.

Most impressive.

She needs a wash though mike :winky: :whistling:

Top job Prolex :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links