Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

De-restriction?

LexusIS200Sam

Is there any recomendations of people who can do this work? will need the gears done aswell.  :blush:

Have you just upgraded from a 50cc scooter, as the IS is a little different from one of those!

Its not a case of drilling out a washer in the exhaust and getting a "gear up kit".

And its also not like a mercedes where they are electronicaly limited and can be undone.

Either way your gonna spend more money for little gains unless you get a supercharger or a turbo

u have a choice of using the 4.3 FD gear (2nd hand from an altezza), or you can get a new one from TRD 4.5 or 4.7 (not available on the website .. but available on the market). The original FD gear in the IS is 4.1.

For what its worth, most of my club buddies have upgraded to a 4.5 or 4.7. I am actually waiting for mine and will get it down next month!! =) .....

yes it increases consumption and yes it does reduce top speed. You lose around 15-20km off the top with a 4.7. But its a fact that it definitely "feels" significantly faster when going from 0-60 (or 100). To be honest, it feels like a different car actually! well worth the money. FYR, it can be bought and installed in HK for 300 GBP.

With a 4.7 FD, on a track, it is much easier to get the IS200 to drift into a corner. And we all know how difficult it is to drift (in controllable speeds) in a standard IS .....

Is there any recomendations of people who can do this work? will need the gears done aswell.  :blush:

Have you just upgraded from a 50cc scooter, as the IS is a little different from one of those!

Its not a case of drilling out a washer in the exhaust and getting a "gear up kit".

And its also not like a mercedes where they are electronicaly limited and can be undone.

Either way your gonna spend more money for little gains unless you get a supercharger or a turbo

Found that the only 'restricted' Lexus is a few of the japan imported tezzers.

As for a 50cc scooter, Nope im not that much of a idiot to drive one. Im currently selling my Toyota supra to pay for a is200. These are restricted cars. :tomato:

As for a 50cc scooter, Nope im not that much of a idiot to drive one. Im currently selling my Toyota supra to pay for a is200. These are restricted cars. :tomato:

Sam is your lexus black? if so i think i know who u are now....

112 mph (or whatever it is) speed limiter on Jap models????

Yeah, I was told all models have this, But after a bit of research and feedback ive found this is not true, only a few of the jap import altezza's are 'restricted' at top end.

Mr Singh - Dont have the lexus yet, Im selling the supra to get the money to buy one, The information about restriction was from driving a friends car.

cheers

112 mph (or whatever it is) speed limiter on Jap models????

Yeah, I was told all models have this, But after a bit of research and feedback ive found this is not true, only a few of the jap import altezza's are 'restricted' at top end.

Mr Singh - Dont have the lexus yet, Im selling the supra to get the money to buy one, The information about restriction was from driving a friends car.

cheers

The IS is not restricted in any way ;) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the only thing that would restritc the IS is the Pre-cats ;)

Thats right some imports are 'restricted' but the IS no!

explain that one again?

I think that he means that speed limiter (max. 180km/h) the JDM cars must have according to Japanese laws. That's why almost every japanese aftermarket ECU's have built in "speed limiter cutters".

JDM cars are also not allowed to have more power than 280hp.

--->

'Jap Spec' Supra IV =280hp

'Euro Spec' Supra IV = ~330hp

The 280bhp limit doesn't seem to be the case now - the JDM Lexus IS350 has over 300.

Hmmm... Strange... Maybe they've changed the law, then...?

The Jap spec Supra always put out more than 280bhp (around 300).

But 280hp has always been the OFFICIAL power output. One doesn't have be a rocket scientist to figure out that it might not be true... :lol:

If you look at the JDM Mitsu Lancer Evo's spec's, it has "officially" had 280hp for about... eerm... since day one! Only the torque has got better... :shifty:

The Euro/US spec had many differences which is why there is a more power.

That's right, because they don't have the laws to restrict the power output...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links