Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry For Them I'm Out Of There!

Tony-Bones

Definately STS's loss...

Good Luck mate... I know we spoke about it a few times, but now's your opportunity!

This new venture could quickly lead you into the driving seat of your very own Lexus... :driving:

Let me know if I can help with anything :)

(does this mean, all 'fine tunes' are postponed?) :blush:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, all the very best in your new venture... how long will you still be at STS then ? (purly selfish question as I need to book in the check up on the geo ;) )

Seriously though... if you dont give the challenge of setting off on your own, you'll regret it. I admire you for having the balls to give it a go! :)

Good luck Tony been looking at some Wheels for next year so ill be seeing you at hopefully your new place (make it closer to brighton so i dont have to drive so far) lol. Do you know where your new place will be.

STS sound like a bunch of noobs you'll do better on your own, and you'll always have LOC to keep business up.

Hope all goes well

Best thing I ever did was start my own business.

You've made the decision and hopefully you can get the backing and support from the banks. The advantage is that you already have a customer base on here which will go in your favour.

I'll dig out some of my old business plans. I'm sure you can tweek them to your own criteria.

Best of luck Tony

On the 2 occasions I was with you I noticed your colleauges coming to you for advice which you were able to fulfill with ease.

They've lost that now -

When my tyres were due for replacement I was going to get STS(you) to do the business - looks like it will be you and STS have lost a customer :)

Good luck Tony I am sure that you will make a success of the venture.

P&L is simply Income and Expenditure, money in less money out. So you need the start with estimating how many geos you will do at whatever cost over the year.

Then you need to estimate your expenditure in the day to day running the business you need to include the following: -

Insurances (Employers Liability, Public Liability also if WIM provide advice as a service Professional Indemnity would be a good idea).

Lease of Tracker

Rent

Rates

Electricity

Gas

Telephone

Tea, coffee, sugar & milk :D

Overalls

Cleaning premises and overalls

Safety Boots

Calibration of Torque Wrenches and Air Pressure Gauges

Certification of ramp

Book Keeping services

Accountants Fees

Plus anything else you can think of.

You may also have 1 off costs to set up such as

Hand Tools

Torque Wrenches

Air Pressure Gauges

Compressor

Air Gun

Hoses

These can be written off over a period of time and go in a different place on your accounts, you may pay for them by a loan from the bank for example which will have a regular repayment this would then need to be included in the regular costs above.

If you need any help give me a shout

Definately STS's loss...

Good Luck mate... I know we spoke about it a few times, but now's your opportunity!

This new venture could quickly lead you into the driving seat of your very own Lexus... :driving:

Let me know if I can help with anything  :)

(does this mean, all 'fine tunes' are postponed?)  :blush:

'Definitely not' all geometries and fine tunes are as agreed! this post is for my 'future intentions' and i will carry the 'fine tunes' over to the new company :D

Tony, all the very best in your new venture... how long will you still be at STS then ? (purly selfish question as I need to book in the check up on the geo ;) )

Seriously though... if you dont give the challenge of setting off on your own, you'll regret it. I admire you for having the balls to give it a go! :)

If all goes well the i will be on my own by April 5 2006, think of this on my own my 'only' interest would be 'you' not the next customer, not the trainee who has a problem...... just you. When i work a geometry my only concern is the result not the time, sadly within STS and the staff levels time has become an issue.

Best thing I ever did was start my own business.

You've made the decision and hopefully you can get the backing and support from the banks. The advantage is that you already have a customer base on here which will go in your favour.

I'll dig out some of my old business plans. I'm sure you can tweek them to your own criteria.

Thank you i would welcome an example for a plan

Best of luck Tony

On the 2 occasions I was with you I noticed your colleauges coming to you for advice which you were able to fulfill with ease.

They've lost that now -

When my tyres were due for replacement I was going to get STS(you) to do the business - looks like it will be you and STS have lost a customer :)

Indeed... i will still be able to do the tyres :D

Do STS know btw?

'NO'i need time to guarantee trust for my work here in LOC since 'you' are my biggest customer, and i will need to work in other forums ( sorry ) On my hit counter i see hits from all manner if clubs, to date i don't follow the links simply because of the time i have available, my future income will depend on on-line awareness so this is where will need to build WIM, I'm sure my Area Manager views my input here so maybe I'm out of work tomorrow.

The thread can be hidden if you require. Perhaps a mod with more knowledge than me would know how to move it to Gold.

Thank you, but no... what will be will be! i want out anyway albeit walk or push, it's a real shame, the Directors of STS realize how important geometry is for the modern car and they show massive support hence the PR day, but my in-line manager and area manager are only interested in the 'day to day' running of the centre..... this is in conflict with my evolution, the maddening thing is 'I own the area and the directors want to develop it' but the people i have to answer to deny all.....

Tony, the very best of luck in your new venture. If there's any justice in the world at all, you should do very well.

Quite simply, I'm fully intending to drive over from Ireland to see you at some point, such is the respect that I have for your abilities. This is based on your posts here and the testimonies of everyone who's been to see you. As it stands, I'm struggling to find someone to even balance my wheels properly, never mind do a top-notch geom. I can't be the only one with these problems and who thinks this way. I've learned a lot from you and your site, and as word gets out that good geom is important and that most people don't seem to know how to do it, I think you'll be made.

Get out there onto other forums, build the same kind of following you've got here and hopefully the rest will follow.

All the best,

Si

Tony, the very best of luck in your new venture. If there's any justice in the world at all, you should do very well.

Quite simply, I'm fully intending to drive over from Ireland to see you at some point, such is the respect that I have for your abilities. This is based on your posts here and the testimonies of everyone who's been to see you. As it stands, I'm struggling to find someone to even balance my wheels properly, never mind do a top-notch geom. I can't be the only one with these problems and who thinks this way. I've learned a lot from you and your site, and as word gets out that good geom is important and that most people don't seem to know how to do it, I think you'll be made.

Get out there onto other forums, build the same kind of following you've got here and hopefully the rest will follow.

All the best,

Si

Oh wow!..... thank you! when ( Ahmet and i ) built WIM the i felt the content must be educational if not then i will help 'one to one'. Also on the site are 'trusted centres' that have agreeed a price structure and displyed an understanding of geometry, the reasone for the 'trusted centres' is that i don't want people to have to travel 100s of miles to come to me! so i vetted other companies and added them to my site........ i will address the other forums.... in time :crybaby:

Tony

Just checked and Wheels in Motion Ltd was a company that was dissolved 03/06/2003 so you should be able to get the name :winky:

How! were! when...... on a 'want to know' basis, i want to know :D

Companies House web site mate.

Not sure how to go about taking the name over, if the company has been dissolved it should have no debts. Best bet is to speak to an accountant, you will need one anyway, they don't usually charge until they do some work.

Also on the site are 'trusted centres' that have agreeed a price structure and displyed an understanding of geometry, the reasone for the 'trusted centres' is that i don't want people to have to travel 100s of miles to come to me!

Ah well, I've loads of friends around London who I'd like to visit, and besides, I quite like the idea of driving across the country. Myself and a mate are considering motoring over for a wedding next year. If I do, you'll definitely be getting a call, if not before.

At the moment, I'm thinking of picking up a newer IS, so I'm not going to do the trip just yet...

Si

All the best,

Si

i too am prepared to drive from s wales to get my geom sorted by your good self, good luck with your venture although i don't think you need it as i'm sure you will do very well anyway. ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links