Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Ordered... But... Which Colour?

ToK

Hi all,

Placed my order today for a IS250 Sport, manual, with multimedia package (nav, ML etc in Sweden) :)

I am really looking forward to receiving the car which is due May/June. But...

I have problems deciding which colour to go for. I wrote Argento Ice (with black interior) in the contract but that can be changed for some time still according to the salesman. I previously liked Argento Ice the best, but today after comparing it to a black and a st Lucia Pearl it looked rather dull IMHO.

The colours I am thinking of is Argento Ice, Astral Black, st Lucia Pearl and maybe a Cadoxton Slate (which I have not seen at all IRL).

I know this is up to individual taste but any thoughts would be appreciated :)

Also, keeping a black car nice and clean is a pretty demanding job from what I gather?

Cheers!

If you don't want silver, I'd choose the dark grey over the black, it'll be easier to look after, and the metallic colour will always look more interesting. If you prefer the white colour, I think caspian sky is probably more attractive than the st. lucia pearl, worth giving a look :)

I went for Brechin Slate with cream leather interior, I ordered the colour without seeing it first, so I was a bit nervous when waiting for delivery, but when i saw it I knew I had made the right choice :D

Everyone who has seen it has commented "what a really nice colour!" . It sprakles in the sunshine, and even manages to look bright on grey days (like we get all winter in the UK). Even when its really dirty, with all the salt on the road at the moment, it still manages to look good :)

The cream leather is good, as it really brightens up the interior of the car on dark/grey days, only niggle about interior, is its going to be difficult to keep clean long term.

But as others have said, its all down to personal choice/taste.

Enjoy your car when you get it, I know I am :D :D

:winky: :winky: I have ordered the Brechin slate also. I was going for the silver until the salesman showed me a car in that colour. At that point I was sold!! Brechin slate is the way to go!!

Argento Ice was my choice - even when shes dirty she looks clean. Three applications of Meguiars Gold Class and she sparkles in the sunlight.

Argento ice was also my choice with black interior. My previous car was black. Looked great when clean, but that was not for long, generally the next day it needed cleaning again, and who has the time!!

As mentioned by Icarus, Argento Ice really does spartkle in the sunlight and stays looking clean a lot longer, and am very pleased with it.

Was in the showroom the other day and caught sight of the car (a sport) in Cadaxton Slate which looked fab esp under the showrooms lights, but so did Argento Ice.

The car is great :D , so enjoy when you receive it.

At the moment I think st Lucia Pearl is a slight favourite, but I will take a trip to the dealer an look at the (few) colours they have on their cars before deciding 100%.

The link to all the 10 colours was very useful, thanks for that, but the pictures were pretty small, so I am trying to find larger ones of cars in any other colour than Argento ice - but without much luck. Any more links, anyone?

Haven't liked the new IS much since it's release...seeing them in the flesh on the road changed my mind a bit...seeing the first black one on the road today and I have to say I'm in love!!! :D Black, Black, Black...for sure! :D

.....then tint the windows, drop it and wack some 20's on (should be no problem for the new IS) and that would be perfect in my eyes!! ...no bodykit needed either, it would spoil the lines...hehe, I'm starting to sound like Am here!! :lol:

Sorry, gone off topic a bit there! :lol: So to say it again ASTRAL BLACK for sure! :D

At the moment I think st Lucia Pearl is a slight favourite, but I will take a trip to the dealer an look at the (few) colours they have on their cars before deciding 100%.

The link to all the 10 colours was very useful, thanks for that, but the pictures were pretty small, so I am trying to find larger ones of cars in any other colour than Argento ice - but without much luck. Any more links, anyone?

My local dealer had metal plates with the colours - helped me to choose. They were the size of oval dinner plates...if that helps...does yours? :blink:

PS this is the St Lucia Pearl me I think:

http://wheels.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Desk...&Alias=wheelsau

My local dealer had metal plates with the colours - helped me to choose. They were the size of oval dinner plates...if that helps...does yours? :blink:

Yeah, they got some just recently, but not all of the colours. Also no samples of the different seat materials/colours etc yet - not good at all IMO.

Caspian Sky for me.Wasn't sure until I saw it in the showroom's garage but I was sold from then on.Lovely bluey/grey.

Wife was sure as well as soon as she saw it.

Gone for Sussex leather interior.

Surprised no-one else has mentioned this colour.

Caspian Sky for me.Wasn't sure until I saw it in the showroom's garage but I was sold from then on.Lovely bluey/grey.

Surprised no-one else has mentioned this colour.

That colour is called Crystal Mist in Australia and I agree it is the best colour, changing all the time to pick up other colors around it. Unfortunately none of the rest of my family liked it, so to keep the peace and because I had exceeded my budget, took the path of least resistance and ordered Silver.

PS this is the St Lucia Pearl me I think:

http://wheels.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Desk...&Alias=wheelsau

I think you will find that the colour in the 'Wheels' magazine is (in Oz) Silver Mica Metalic (1G1). I have the hard copy of the article and it appears to closely resemble this one. Perhaps Tonydownunder may also be able to confirm :question:

Interestingly Australia does not receive RED in any shape or form on the IS250.

Got black, and guess what after one wash by my helpful kids - swirls galore! My fault I know, 1/ dirty chamois 2/ kids enthusiasm. I always wanted argento ice but my wife hated it, and its her car after all.

Have to say though, when it's clean, it does looks pretty awesome but very hard to clean especially on a hot summer day like today.

Go get whatever colour you like, I am never 100% sure about the colour myself, but the car itself is a pretty special machine. Once inside, even if the colour is puke beige, it is still very special .

I think you will find that the colour in the 'Wheels' magazine is (in Oz) Silver Mica Metalic (1G1). I have the hard copy of the article and it appears to closely resemble this one. Perhaps Tonydownunder may also be able to confirm :question:

Interestingly Australia does not receive RED in any shape or form on the IS250.

I believe the colour in the Wheels article is Crystal Mist, but not certain as photographers can do wicked things with lights.

Red is not a great colour for Aus because it fades so badly. The worst looking cars after a few years are red.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links