Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Fog Light

morning all!

here i go... well my front drivers side fog light is not working, its full of condensation. after reading a few topics on here, im guessing either the bulb has gone or the inside is corroded due to the water.

I can get my hand on a front fog light for £45 but its off and 03 IS200se mine in a 99IS200 sport so my questions are.........

1) Will it fit my car

2) Is that a good price

cheers all

yes it will fit, and yes its reasonable if its in good nick.

btw, i hope your not using your foglights when its not foggy! can't stand it when ppl do that...

thanks for the reply, yeh there in good nick and no i dont use them unless its necessary (Sp). i told my mate off for having them on all the time!

i often (3-4) times a week use the country roads round hathersage a night. With it being so high up it becomes really foggy at this time of year and visability is terrible.

:shifty:

Interesting. I have an IS300SC with one light full of condensation. so,

1. If its under warrenty would it be covered ?

2. Any idea why IS300SC fog lights are yellow ?

If it's under warranty I would certainly claim if it's a defective part. Bit difficult if the lens is cracked though, but you could go and ask your dealer nicely.

Not sure why yellow but fog lights always were yellow in my youth. Something about yellow light cutting through fog better, if i recall. Mine are too. It's a 4 year old car and, touch wood, no condemsation yet.

IanB :D

Interesting. I have an IS300SC with one light full of condensation. so,

1. If its under warrenty would it be covered ?

2. Any idea why IS300SC fog lights are yellow ?

If it's under warranty I would certainly claim if it's a defective part. Bit difficult if the lens is cracked though, but you could go and ask your dealer nicely.

Not sure why yellow but fog lights always were yellow in my youth. Something about yellow light cutting through fog better, if i recall. Mine are too. It's a 4 year old car and, touch wood, no condemsation yet.

IanB :D

Could be a dodgy seal, or power washers which always seem to force water in ever where...

Like Sodium lights on the mo'orwys, yellow lights do work better in the fog. Strange why SC has it and the saloons don't :duh:

It will fit into the bumper no probs, make sure its got the same connector plug at the back cause the newer ones are different, cant remember when they upgraded them, might have been 2004 :unsure: , either way it will fit, i got the newer type as they have been designed not to corrode & just cut off the the connecter and soldered the wire ;) ....i got the smoked/yellow JDM :)

Pic 1 of the new type connectors

Pic 2 of the new type connectors

@ baby lexus, if your under warrenty it is covered

i had condensation in drivers side front fog,changed bulb and seems to be ok at moment.the bulb has an o ring to make a seal and the new bulb seems a tighter fit....hope this may help.

ps was'nt a brand new bulb i just swapped it with the headlight bulb. :)

• 7 months later...

Could this be something to do with other markets? Perhaps the SC was aimed more at somewhere like the US/Canada, where orange or yellow lights seem to be more in evidence.

Its not just the SC, all IS300s have yellow fogs, and IS200s have white ones, so I'd probably agree that its something to do with the US markets

yes it will fit, and yes its reasonable if its in good nick.

btw, i hope your not using your foglights when its not foggy! can't stand it when ppl do that...

why not use foglights when not foggy - the parklight / foglights on is the coolest combo for sure, it makes the car look more agressive if u ask me.

heres mine:sunsetfront.jpg

why not use foglights when not foggy

Er, exactly that cos it's not foggy! Should only be used when visibility is reduced to 100m or less, plus its a fixed penalty if your caught!

the parklight / foglights on is the coolest combo for sure, it makes the car look more agressive if u ask me

Maybe so but its a bit 'Nova/boy racer' and the 'coolest combo' nowadays is to have blaring xenons!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links