Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, last weekend I managed to write off my prode and joy....my 95 LS400 :o((

Hit a diesel spill, lost total control, over a central reservation, knocked down a sign and ended up on the other side of a dual carrageway...

Lucky for me there was no car/truck coming the other way but my car is now a write-off.

I was amazed at just how well the bodywork held out - despite knocking down a rather substantial signpost all that showed was a slight scuff on my rear bumper - The front and sides also look un marked (other than the front spoiler which cracked as I hit the kerb) - Tough car....

Unfortunately all the damage was to the underside as I went over the rather highly raised reservation.

I'm glad I was in my Lex, as I think I would have been a little worse for wear had I not - But not so chuffed as I'm now driving around in a Ford....

The Creaks, wind-noise, tacky plastic switches and complete lack of power that I am now putting up with.....I'll sadly miss it.

Insurance gave me close to nothing bearing in mind it had full LSH, was immaculate, all the electrics worked and only just tipped 90K.

Ive decided not to purchase one for now (I just couldnt get one as clean for the money I got) but after lots of saving one day I'll return :D

The roof rack is for sale on eBay (wasnt on the car when I crashed) - If anyone is interested pls check it out.

Somewhere nr Telford theres going to be a scrap yard with my car in it - so if anyone needs any (including 3 Pirelli P6000 tyres which were hardly used (one blew out in the accident)) then check out scrappys in the local area.

Hopefully back soon with the news I am yet again a Lexus owner

Durgh. Sounds like a hairy situation you was in.

Glad to hear you're ok.

It is good to know that even a car over ten years old still holds together well in acidents like this.

D.

P.S. so what's next? A new LS? :)

Durgh. Sounds like a hairy situation you was in.

Glad to hear you're ok.

It is good to know that even a car over ten years old still holds together well in acidents like this.

D.

P.S. so what's next? A new LS? :)

Well, for £5500 he can have mine! item 4609877842 on e-bay!

(Just wearing my 'ambulance chaser' hat today!

It IS sad when your pride and joy gets hit! I recall getting my first Citroen DS23 smashed by an idiot.....

Thanks for your condolences....

Think I have some saving to do ......quite fancy one of those 460's (well I can dream cant I ?)

Saving myself £300 / month on fuel (yes I did some miles) which is all going towards my next LS....be back soon. :D

Thanks for your condolences....

Think I have some saving to do ......quite fancy one of those 460's (well I can dream cant I ?)

Saving myself £300 / month on fuel (yes I did some miles) which is all going towards my next LS....be back soon. :D

I've been advised to store my LS400 ser 3 away for a while so...get in touch when the funds grown!! :winky:

Insurance gave me close to nothing bearing in mind it had full LSH, was immaculate, all the electrics worked and only just tipped 90K.

INSURANCE IS A RIP-OFF

If you pay, say £1,000 a year in insurance, it's money down the drain. If you have an accident which costs £1,000 to repair, all the insurance company does is to pay for the repair but charge you the cost in increased premiums EVEN IF YOU HAVE PROTECTED FULL NO CLAIMS.

The only way to make money, you would have thought, then, is to buy an old banger costing £100, have an accident and then claim £1,000. But no.

The insurance companies only pay the book price and the book price is rigged to be lower than most people should reasonably pay for a second hand car compared to new.

Where you DO gain is in buying a second hand car and pointing to the rigged low price in the book.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links