Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kit

The HID kit arrived today from Prolex(very fast delivery).

1.jpg

A very good kit, i have gone for the 8300K :)

After a quick breakfeast i got down to fitting them.

Here are my boaring standard lights.

2.jpg

The kit is very simple to install. I had the first headlight done in about 15 minuites. The smile on my face was still growing.

3.jpg

And finally a few ticks later i had them both installed and working. A very quick and easy kit. Took about 20-30mins to install. Very pleased with it all and recomend it to every driver :)

4.jpg

Cheers Prolex :wub:

WOW they look great...........and thats some shine off your bonnet :winky:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW they look great...........and thats some shine of your bonnet :winky:

Cheers :D , You can't buy a car like this and not keep it clean :winky:

another great thing about them is at night, most people think HID's = Police, and move out your way. love it :lol:

Took some pics of it when i arrived home today.. as i forgot to take some yesterday :whistling:

Here is what they look like from the car.. this is with street lights. il need to get some in a darker place to show their real protential.

5.jpg

and here are a few landscape pics from outside. :)

6.jpg

7.jpg

Wow they look really good, i'm convinced on the 8300k kit!

Only thing i'm not sure about is fitting the things though. Also do you have to have the lights readjusted after fitting?

I have the PIAA 6 LED sidelights and they are VERY white and bright for a side light, Partiban. I would recommend them to you. Think they are about £37 and come with load resistors.

Is that £37 for a pair? Also do you need load resistors for sidelights?

You need load resistors on the LED's otherwise i believe they will blink really fast. These arent cheap crappy LED sidelights. They really can be used as a standalone beam. Yes £37 for a pair.

Wow they look really good, i'm convinced on the 8300k kit!

Only thing i'm not sure about is fitting the things though. Also do you have to have the lights readjusted after fitting?

They are not really that hard to fit :) , took me about 30mins to do and the instructions are easy to follow. If you need any help then feel free to give me a shout. I havent adjusted mine as i think they look fine. But i suppose time will tell :shifty:

If you need any help then feel free to give me a shout.

Very kind of ya thanx v.much! It will be in the very near future as have service and brakes to sort first! £££

another great thing about them is at night, most people think HID's = Police, and move out your way. love it :lol:

I've noticed that too, people have stopped pulling out in front of me from junctions as well :lol:

I think meccatune stopped making HID kits .... can someone confirm this? if so, finding replacement bulbs down the road may be a hassle.

just a thought.

Dont think they have, The kit i have is by meccatune which i havent had for long.

Slightly off topic, but since fitting the HIDs, my high beam looks very yellow in comparison. Any suggesions on whiter bulbs. Know of the exact name and brightness?

The main beam is not HID.......it's an HB3 halogen bulb. You could always change it to a Xenon type HB3 with a 6000K temperature rating.

My 6500k HIDs are pretty much pure white and my white LED sidelights match them perfectly. I've tried 6500k high beam bulbs and fog bulbs and they still looked yellow.

I've currently got 8500k high beam bulbs and they still look too yellow. I don't think it is possible to get a colour match because the halogen bulbs are essentially a yellow filament shining through blue glass to give you the colour rating - you're never going to be able to get white.

I've pretty much given up hope of getting high beam bulbs to match... :(

Btw, what makes a high beam bulb different from the main beam? Does the high beam have a higher output wattage or is it just angled higher and so gives the impression of being brighter. I have some PIAA plasma blue bulbs (cost a bomb!) that were previously used for the main beam and was wondering if it'll fit for the high beam?

The bulbs I am sure are pretty much the same. Correct me if I am wrong!

But what I have noticed with the headlights is that on the low beam side the bulb has like a focusing unit in front of it.

Then if you look at the high beam side you will see that the bulb does not have anything in front of it.

about the brightness,i think 4000k-6500 should be the best choice,cause the lower brightness has the better penetrability,such as fog and rainning weather, is that right??

Thats the consensus. However my 8300k's seem bright enough :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links