Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but that turbo has an internal wastegate...?

I was just thinking the same thing myself :blink:

I think you can either have internal or external wastgate.. Would this be possible?

Mark should be able to explain better

Maybe this is the only one that fits my requirements..

but that turbo has an internal wastegate...?

I was just thinking the same thing myself :blink:

I think you can either have internal or external wastgate.. Would this be possible?

Mark should be able to explain better

nope a turbo designed to run an external wastegate, doesnt have an internal one, and vice versa, both my GT2835's are external wastegate, so i have 2 ...erm...wastegates

if you want to run an external wastegate, you will need a turbo that doesnt have an internal one

EDIT #3 :yawn: :

Yes.... ordinary it should work to disconnect the tube from compressor housing to wastegate.

The wg is closed and the external one does the job then.

But a non-wg turbo charger would be the better choice. :winky:

seems silly to do that though, when the turbo can be ordered without an internal wastegate, for use with an external wastegate

Yeah right.... better Adie tries to exchange the turbocharger into one without wg. :shutit:

The turbo selected is the only one available that is compatible with the specification criteria and which will fit without surgery to the exhaust manifold.

The trick in this case is to keep the internal wastgate flap permanently closed, which is a valid engineering strategy and has been done successfully many times. Some people do this just to have a screamer pipe.

The only other options have compromises of performance or manifold integrity.

The turbo selected is the only one available that is compatible with the specification criteria and which will fit without surgery to the exhaust manifold.

The trick in this case is to keep the internal wastgate flap permanently closed, which is a valid engineering strategy and has been done successfully many times. Some people do this just to have a screamer pipe.

Thanks for that mate :winky:

going to look smart under there mate how is the engine rebuild coming on

Hopefully the internals will be arriving next week along with uprated head gasket. Also new turbo etc. Then the head work can begin and the all the work can be done in one hit. The return fuel line and FPR should be done by now too. They are getting a bit fed up that the car has been sat there now for a month getting in the way and they're tripping over Lexus parts without taking the head apart.. So as soon as all the stuff is there it shouldn't take too long..

Daz I'll talk to you next week mate about my plans and if you've got anymore :winky: Plus I want a ride in your car :D

• 2 weeks later...

The turbo, waste gate, ceremetalic clutch, uprated head gasket (and some other bits :unsure: ) have now arrived. The internals should be arriving soon also.

So work should be commencing sometime next week :D Can't wait

Some more bling for the engine bay. Rad clamps chromed :winky:

76669fc0.jpg

My eye sights gone :tomato::lol:

I love posts like this, although I am past all this modding....Too old now, but hats off to all who go down this route

Why go to the added expense of buying a turbo with an IG and then an extra waste gate when it would of been alot cheaper to fit a flange plate to the manifold..??

For less than half the cost of the extra gate any exhaust shop would have TIGed a flange on the manifold. Especially since the manifold was off the car and cost doesn't look like an issue since he went with a HKS turbo..

We both know it will work with the gate closed but thats just another way for it to leak.(another weak point) There are plenty other good turbos out there that would suit his needs Garrett, Trust just to name a few.

Expensive HKS turbo with IG and an extra WG at least the person that sold it to him made a good sale that day :)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE :D :D

All parts have arrived. Many thanks to Mark (TDI) and Mike (Roadrash). So work has now begun.

The internals have been sent off to Jon Dell Race Engines along with the block. So they are measuring for all the bearings and will be rebuilding the bottom end. They are fitting uprated bearings which shall arrive middle of next week so the bottom end should be back end of next week. The crank is also being polished as there is a couple of marks on it but these will polish out.

Then the head will be ported etc and refitted. Then the turbo and new pipe work, oil lines etc to be fitted...

So hoping that the car should be back in my hands in three weeks. Would be nice to be sooner for the Jap Show at Santa Pod but fingers crossed. Then run the new engine in and then get it mapped. Then the next stages can begin :D

A very happy bunny indeed :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links