Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

Marvellous news Adie :D

When will you be driving it?

I'm hoping very soon indeed. I don't want to commit to a day just yet as all the other pick up days have fallen flat and left me disheartened.

So lets just say VERY SOON :D :winky:

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvellous news Adie :D

When will you be driving it?

I'm hoping very soon indeed. I don't want to commit to a day just yet as all the other pick up days have fallen flat and left me disheartened.

So lets just say VERY SOON :D :winky:

Wise words indeed. Excellent news though!

The car is now ready for me to collect :D But I can't be bothered :blush:

So I'm going to get it tomorrow dinner time instead :D They're going to put it on the ramp so I can have a look at the new pipe work and shall take loads of pictures :winky:

Apparantly it drives superbly. I just have to be careful with my right foot that I don't thrash the car before its properly run in. The car boosted up to 1 bar but then eased off the throttle as its not known how far the turbo will actually boost. I think the boost controller must need resetting. :yawn:

The car is now ready for me to collect :D But I can't be bothered :blush:

So I'm going to get it tomorrow dinner time instead :D They're going to put it on the ramp so I can have a look at the new pipe work and shall take loads of pictures :winky:

Apparantly it drives superbly. I just have to be careful with my right foot that I don't thrash the car before its properly run in. The car boosted up to 1 bar but then eased off the throttle as its not known how far the turbo will actually boost. I think the boost controller must need resetting. :yawn:

Excellent. Really looking forward to the pictures.

Santa's come a few days early then :D

I'm going to book it in as early as I can to get the remainder of the 3" exhaust system fitted. Its only the exhaust, de-cat pipe and the section in between. Then mapping.... then the new intercooler and the remainder of that pipe work..... maybe cams too.....

I've still got alot of plans for the car including fitting those damn skyline calipers when I get some different wheels (Advans) or some spacers made up...

So it doesn't end here. Only untill my finances improve :lol:

On a track of course :)

of course :excl:

:lol: Any time :lol:

The car boosted up to 1 bar but then eased off the throttle as its not known how far the turbo will actually boost. I think the boost controller must need resetting. :yawn:

Sorry Adie, I just picked up on this.

You need to confirm that the garage has changed the boost controller from "internal" to "external" wastgate setting, otherwise you will have uncontrolled boost pressure :o

They should have done that already- but better safe than sorry :)

The car boosted up to 1 bar but then eased off the throttle as its not known how far the turbo will actually boost. I think the boost controller must need resetting. :yawn:

You need to confirm that the garage has changed the boost controller from "internal" to "external" wastgate setting, otherwise you will have uncontrolled boost pressure :o

Yeah already checked and confirmed. In fact.... to be sure

Does anybody have the instructions for a Greddy boost controller :question:

That's good Adie :). We probably have the instructions here somehwere. Email me the type you have and I'll send you some if we have them.

That's good Adie :). We probably have the instructions here somehwere. Email me the type you have and I'll send you some if we have them.

Greddy Profec B spec 2

Nice one Adie, looking forward to seeing what you put tomorrow, just be careful as the roads up here were icy all day today, don't want you having any more bad luck!

Can't wait to see the pics - any ideas what she's putting out powerwise?

Pictures are from my camera phone so please excuse the quality :blush:

Heat shield fitted

DSC00145.jpg

Waste gate pipe vented back into exhaust system

DSC00138.jpg

Another

DSC00136.jpg

Waste gate

DSC00137.jpg

New Intercooler intake pipe to throttle body. 60mm (larger than the old existing pipe work, still to be changed). The pipe was made a sort of box to help clearance of strut brace and better air flow

DSC00141.jpg

HKS SSQV dump valve

DSC00140.jpg

Waste gate

DSC00135.jpg

Fuel Pressure Regulator

DSC00139.jpg

Engine bay

DSC00143.jpg

Another

DSC00142.jpg

Good looking pics - thanks Adie :D

Is there a reason for the wastegate discharge pipe venting into the de-cat pipe rather than the downpipe, and the SSQV flange not directly welded onto the pressure pipe? Just wondering if there are space limitations or something :blink:

I like the throttle body pressure pipe. It looks much less restrictive than the original silicon hose.

Have you driven it yet? Any first impressions?

There is clearance issues with the waste gate discharge pipe. There is no room at all to work with. This was the best solution.

Not sure about the SSQV pipe work.

Not driven the car yet :crybaby: Hopefully later. I've had to come back home because just as I was about to leave, the oil light came on. Hopefully its an easy fix :huh: and I'm picking it up again soon :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links