Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was the zorst section what mij did ??

No mate. What they did was exactly what you had done. Which is what I wanted at the time.

The new section I had done was when I had the engine rebuilt.

This section here. The downpipe is 3" and the next sectionis 2.5" but WAS supposed to be 3" as that is what I asked for and was told would be fitted. Hence now having a full system fitted again. The price is pretty good anyway and not much difference if any including that section. Only pain in the arse is cutting and rewelding the external wastegate pipe.

DSC00136.jpg

At last I have an exhaust system fitted. What a relief as this has now been dragging on for ages and stopping me from mapping. Only problem they've run out of clips for fixing (as they don't have the demand too much for 3" systems, so I'm now picking it up tomorrow. (By now I'm used to delays :blush: ). Its a slash, burnt tip, jap style back box. I'll post up some pics tomorrow :winky:

At last I have an exhaust system fitted. What a relief as this has now been dragging on for ages and stopping me from mapping. Only problem they've run out of clips for fixing (as they don't have the demand too much for 3" systems, so I'm now picking it up tomorrow. (By now I'm used to delays :blush: ). Its a slash, burnt tip, jap style back box. I'll post up some pics tomorrow :winky:

Nice fella, does it sounds like a supra at all ? striaght 6 turbo with a big 3 inch system, thought they might sound similar

As for transmission..... with its short gear ratio, Adie will see that 300-350BHP will be

enough for eating other stronger cars for breakfast. :winky:

I think 400 or more BHP won't be necessary, maybe set up the boostcontroller to

reach 400BHP just at 5th-6th gear, otherwise wheelspin would be a serious problem with the short

gear ratio. B)

I had wheelspin until during 1st and 2nd gear with my suggested 260BHP,

so 350BHP and its huge torque will let your tires smoke until 4th gear.

Well, Adie will know what is to do, when the car running with its perfect setup.

Let us know! :)

Nice fella, does it sounds like a supra at all ? striaght 6 turbo with a big 3 inch system, thought they might sound similar

Should sound pretty similar. Have you heard or seen the vids of my car with the turbo Elliot?? That is as you know, a straight through 2.5" pipe from front to back and it sounds similar to the supra although not as deep of a note.

Can't believe you are still getting setbacks with this Adie :blink:

although you are on the home stretch now :winky:

Can't wait to see what figures etc etc and vids you get!!!!!!!

Nothing is ever simple with this **** car! :duh: I'm picking it up in an hour then drop it off for mapping in the morning.. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

With my full straight through 2.5" exhaust system I had fitted the car did sound great. With this I'm assuming it wont be a great deal different in sound only much louder. But I'll find out soon :)

Nothing is ever simple with this **** car! :duh: I'm picking it up in an hour then drop it off for mapping in the morning.. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

With my full straight through 2.5" exhaust system I had fitted the car did sound great. With this I'm assuming it wont be a great deal different in sound only much louder. But I'll find out soon :)

Yeah i bet this will sounds amazing definatly under a lot of boost lots of whossshhhing and blowing and then BANG :lol: hopefully not tho lolol

Cant wait to see it on the dyno can u get mark to post up when it will be on the rollers so we can all have a s*x wee :o

Started it up and it didn't seem much different. But as I drove more and more in it the louder it seems. Especially driving along built up areas / housing estates. The noise seems to bounce off the houses and it definitely seems loud. But it's there to do a job so the noise is part and parcel of it.

Looks wise, I think it looks pretty good. It sits quite low though. I would prefer the back box to sit a touch higher up to the rear skirt. But with the pipe work being 3" and not being much clearance it sits how it does for the most free flowing position possible. I don't think Lexus thought of fitting 3" exhaust systems when they designed the car.

I've already scraped (twice) it too when leaving the industrial estate. The mid section sits the lowest because of clearance problems with the 3" pipe work and the back box is also low-ish.

So now I cant really drive over many speed bumps without scraping the mid section :duh:

Oh and just incase you missed the pics of my car with the bumper,,, they are :: Here

I'll take some in the morning of the exhaust if I have time, failing that, if he likes, I'll let Mark post some up :blush:

How did the mapping go today mate, did you get what you wanted :question:

No mapping today. I've left the car ar TDI to be mapped. Was quite late (for a Saturday) by the time I'd got down there. Mapping should only be about 5 hours if everything goes ok. There's a couple of other things to be done too. I was going to pick it up next available time (for me), which is next Saturday. But there happens to be a certain football game on that day which I'm not missing for the world.. :winky: Sooo I might pick up the following week or weekend. As my mate who gives me lifts wants his Geometry done on his Supra at the same time.

After the length of time I've lived with out my car over these years, I couldn't give a **** when I get it back, aslong as its all running properly which is the main thing.

Updates will be given whilst the work is in progress... So fingers crossed :yawn:

dosnt mapping take longer then a day ?

Wouldnt have throught so as i thinks its already been mapped once so it just gotta be adjusted to the new changes

Not sure if that original map would still apply anyway :unsure: As pretty much everything has changed since then.

• 2 weeks later...

too late for today I think, I only get a red cross :(

I'm afraid so mate. It'll be back in there tomorrow though.

Dunno if im very unlcuky but i tried to wathc on 3 differnet PC's and it didnt work all with an hour after u posted adie, me so angry :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links