Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Can't Believe It!

and the missus reverses out of a space and scrapes the paint off the front bumper!

She was in tears when she got home and I feel like crying myself. My Platinum Ice beauty. Scratched!! Aaaaaaaarghhh!

Gutted i'm sure, but no one hurt this is the main thing... i will send you a free pacifier to revenge your anger...

In truth i do feel very sorry for you and your wife, try and relax.

Sorry about your car man but it will be fixed in time..... at least your wife told you the truth straight off...... mine only confessed after i was going to go to the cops to check the CCTV of that area.... we laugh about it now :D

What's the story with the Cat.... does he do these jumps of his own free will or is he incouraged... :devil:

Sorry to hear about the car. I scraped an alloy after 5 days, but luckily I don't worry about alloy damage so much.

The front bumper would be a different story. However, that's what bumpers are for at least, so try not to worry too-much.

Were any cats harmed in the making of this post?

Oh dear... if it helps I had a bolt rattle down the side of mine on the M1 this week, left two large chips about 6mm long on the passenger door! :(

Still that'll learn her..... hope you are making the most of the incident ;) :lol:

Cool cat photo!! :P

England Footie team have now found the new goalie...for the World Cup... :lol:

It could also be used as the "Zetters - Spot the Ball" competition :tomato:

And there's clearly enough room to "Swing" the proverbial cat in your place... :winky:

Seriously, mine is still pristines (almost 700 miles/3 weeks). However, I am so worried about parking it...all to stop someone dinging the doors...Haven't driven it for 5 days, won't take it to Sainsbury's or ASDA, selectively park every where even if it means I get snowed on!

The wifes Honda Jazz is peppered with indents...and since I gave it the Carlack68/P21s wax the dings stand out even more when it's clean...

Laugh about it. I know it's annoying, but hey, it's done.

My wife reversed out of the garage and hit the house. Now, I'm not that bright myself...but how on earth could you not see a massive house closing in on you ? Anyway.. we laugh about it now.

It's all repairable.

Seriously, mine is still pristines (almost 700 miles/3 weeks). However, I am so worried about parking it...all to stop someone dinging the doors...Haven't driven it for 5 days, won't take it to Sainsbury's or ASDA, selectively park every where even if it means I get snowed on!

I know how you feel Jamboo, I am very careful about where I park the car but not to the extent of where it will stop me driving it. I am the master of the car not the other way round! As for the supermarkets thank *** for the Parent and Child spots. Not that I'm a parent or a child :winky: but the spots are always nice and wide. If they are full then I tend to double park - I know it's bad and selfish and wrong but I need to protect my baby!

I know how you feel Jamboo, I am very careful about where I park the car but not to the extent of where it will stop me driving it. I am the master of the car not the other way round! As for the supermarkets thank *** for the Parent and Child spots. Not that I'm a parent or a child :winky: but the spots are always nice and wide. If they are full then I tend to double park - I know it's bad and selfish and wrong but I need to protect my baby!

The Parent and Child spots are really nice and wide. But some vehicles have huge and long doors that the edge of their doors just touch the body of your car when they swing open. This way you will get a long deep scrape instead of dent. It happened to a friend of mine who parked in the Parent and Child spots :D

The Parent and Child spots are really nice and wide. But some vehicles have huge and long doors that the edge of their doors just touch the body of your car when they swing open. This way you will get a long deep scrape instead of dent. It happened to a friend of mine who parked in the Parent and Child spots :D

:ohmy: Is nowhere safe for my Lexi? Think I might have to resort to keeping her in the garage like Jamboo.

thank *** for the Parent and Child spots. Not that I'm a parent or a child :winky: but the spots are always nice and wide. If they are full then I tend to double park - I know it's bad and selfish and wrong but I need to protect my baby!

But some vehicles have huge and long doors that the edge of their doors just touch the body of your car when they swing open. This way you will get a long deep scrape instead of dent. It happened to a friend of mine who parked in the Parent and Child spots :D

Thats all you deserve if you park in parent spaces without having kids - w :tsktsk: r !!

thank *** for the Parent and Child spots. Not that I'm a parent or a child :winky: but the spots are always nice and wide. If they are full then I tend to double park - I know it's bad and selfish and wrong but I need to protect my baby!

But some vehicles have huge and long doors that the edge of their doors just touch the body of your car when they swing open. This way you will get a long deep scrape instead of dent. It happened to a friend of mine who parked in the Parent and Child spots :D

Thats all you deserve if you park in parent spaces without having kids - w :tsktsk: r !!

I don't see why I should lose out because I am reproductively challenged and being called a "w :tsktsk: r" is a small price to pay, and if it means in three years time I have ding free car, bring on the insults.

Hello all, My wife ran into the back of my lex 2 weeks ago. Yep. I nearly died. :crying: She was following me home, I stopped at an intersection. She decided to cross the intersection before I did. CRASHHHH! She tried to pull away but caught the left rear corner of my lex.

I drove straight home and pulled into my garage, pulled out the creeper and checked for structural damage. TO MY SUPRISE, NONE! :ohmy: I polished and waxed the car approx. 10 times with all the different types of polish I had (including mguires scratch x). It took care of all the scratch marks except one. As for the left hand side of the bumper that detatached itself from the body of the car? I used crazy glue to stick a torn hole then lifted, slapped and screwed everything back into place.

I couldnt believe it. It looked just as new, except for the single scratch. I am amazed at the absorption properties of the lS Lexus bumper and the paint job too. I knew i heard a crash and the car moved forward. I expected more damage.

I had a glass of sherry and made up with the wife. :blush:

Trinilex.................. :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links