Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Raised Bonnet .

sorry bout the heading .. suppose to read .. Raise Bonnet...

this is done on the car so whilst driiving or stationery it stays up .. it looks pretty mean .. gives it a sportish look

i try to get better pics for u all in day light ..

I may consider it if I went on a track day or to Santa Pod where cooling is an issue. For every day driving, I think it'll look bad.

:)

I may consider it if I went on a track day or to Santa Pod where cooling is an issue. For every day driving, I think it'll look bad.

I think you'll find they wouldn't let you run with it like that :blink:

why?

I see no problems with that all he's done is put spacers under where the bonnet hinges up

seen loads of cars with it done

@liquidlazer think it looks good on the right car or with the right styling

more pics please

when has cooling on the IS ever been an issue :yawn:

and it has been shown to actually increase engine bay temperatures

a lot of the cooling effect is by the air passing through the engine bay and exiting at the underneath, by making a free flow for air it just rushes past the engine and straight out again

the aerodynamics is also upset and allows turbulance which in theory would slow you down

"when has cooling on the IS ever been an issue"

Bazza, could be that he comes from the "caribbean" bit hotter out therei think........ but then saying that its not my cup of tea, but each to there own

why dont you just get a vented bonnet ;)

why?

I see no problems with that all he's done is put spacers under where the bonnet hinges up

seen loads of cars with it done

@liquidlazer think it looks good on the right car or with the right styling

more pics please

Ok, if it's fixed properly... but that just doesn't look right to me :o

First i've seen too...

like what Robin H said the bonnet is raised by spacers. i would love a vented bonnet but i cant afford one right now..:(

i got some pics of the car in day light .. got one of the rims its a little dirty but its ICW racing rims cant remember the model of it.

12317124735.jpg

12317270174.jpg

12317251225.jpg

12317231159.jpg

1231716419.jpg

.is that a scrape/dent on the wing & door on the last pic?

no it is just the light - look at the 3rd last pic.

Nice car but not sure I like the bonnet open but thyen again I'm an old fart so what do I know.. :hehe:

Oh right. I didn't know for sure.

Off topic I know, but the alloys are ICW Racing Osaka Gunmetal for those that were curious.

:lol:

• 1 month later...

im sure it would only have aesthetic qualities,but has anyone ever considered for styling purposes,adding vents to the wings of the car like the M3 has,its just i test drove an M3 today and had a thought for the IS.It would look good IMO.

yes the merc vents really are aesthetic,where as the m3 ones i beleive have some cooling qualities.The look is identical tho.But im still only looking at aesthetics.Mini coopers have em in all now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links