Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ripped Off! Trd Styling Kit

This is for anyone thinking of buying a TRD kit off eBay from this fella........

Ebay Link

Be warned, I paid him over 300 quid nearly 4 weeks ago but have received nothing. Refuses to answer emails or telephone, I've filed a claim but Paypal refuse to cough up saying the seller didn't qualify for Buyers protection.

Then browsing eBay again and came across this.............

Ebay link

I'm 99% positive it's the same seller using a different id. The details and price are the same and I know his name is Aly cos I've spoke to him on the phone.

Morell of the story is..........buy your parts from a trustworthy source like Chris S, bit more expensive but 100% reliable. Dont presume that cos you paid using Paypal you are covered against con men.

Anyone else had any probs?

its a common belief that eBay or paypal offer you protectection - it all looks good until you try and claim for something then u find out you are covered for naf all.

I have been repaid from paypal on a matter very simular. It is a shame you haven't been successful filing a claim against this seller.

Just check when buying from sellers that they are verified and providing you are to, there should be no problems getting money back

I have been repaid from paypal on a matter very simular. It is a shame you haven't been successful filing a claim against this seller.

Just check when buying from sellers that they are verified and providing you are to, there should be no problems getting money back

My account is verified and so was the sellers, Paypal said he didn't qualify because his feedback count is less than 50 and his rating is less than 98%. Apparently it's all in the small print of their terms and conditions which is very easy to say in hind sight.

Not able to claim through credit card either cos I use a debit card - just my luck!

I'm pretty gutted but if this thread at least stops another member making the same mistake it's been worthwhile.

Thing is mate you went for the cheap option and a load of crap is what you would have got. It may not have fitted correctly either.

Its Fibreglass not plastic so it aint as tough as the oem kit.

Shame you dont have a claim though.

I saw this advert on eBay too, i mailed him when he first put the ad in cos it didn't state if it was genuine or not, he mailed back saying read the ad so instantly i knew it wasn't, i also knew from that attitude he was a plonker (so to speak) and he wasn't gonna get 300 od squid off me, i just don't get these people...

It is a shame cos i have listed things on eBay and sent them but they were never recieved the other end and i got the blame and paypal automatically debited my account to refund the buyer, so i lost the item and the money and the buyer probaby got it as a freebie!

Thing is mate you went for the cheap option and a load of crap is what you would have got. It may not have fitted correctly either.

Its Fibreglass not plastic so it aint as tough as the oem kit.

Shame you dont have a claim though.

I probably was a bit naive, certainly have learn't my lesson now though, probably the hard way. Will see how much Chris S wants for the full kit.

He quit :

gsi_420 11-Feb-06 Not a registered user

and started

aly3230 18-Apr-06 Present

looks like you are right.

go to your bank and ask about fraud protection. Also is it possible to report it to the police

Gutted for you mate keep annoying paypal you never know they might cough up in the end threaten them with bad publicity always works (well Nearly)

End of the day you bought a lexus if you wanted to skrimp and save then you should have bought a KIA or PROTON. I dont understand why people do this.

Its like buying a Rolex watch but then you go to the local pawnshop to have it serviced because you tried to save a few quid. Does that make sense?

End of the day you bought a lexus if you wanted to skrimp and save then you should have bought a KIA or PROTON. I dont understand why people do this.

Its like buying a Rolex watch but then you go to the local pawnshop to have it serviced because you tried to save a few quid. Does that make sense?

I dont think the lad needs to hear crap like this do you. he purchased an item that was supposed to fit his car and got ripped off . does that make sense .

What you on mate? This does not make sense, just because i bought a Lexus doesn't mean I have to buy the most expensive mods for it. It's like Lexus owners who use independants for servicing, not everybody chooses to get ripped off by franchised mechanics hourly rates. It's called freedom of choice. Keep your crap comments to yourself!

He quit :

gsi_420 11-Feb-06 Not a registered user

and started

aly3230 18-Apr-06 Present

looks like you are right.

go to your bank and ask about fraud protection. Also is it possible to report it to the police

I will ask my bank about fraud protection, do hold much hope for the boys in blue though.

Thanks for the advice

You both missed the point. Re-read what i have put before you both open your pie holes.

Both made a few posts between yourselves and start slinging comments my way, get the f*ck outta here.

Police wont want to know.

Sorry thought the idea of the LOC was to offer support,advise & Info to each other

PIP I think 99% of the LOC would disagree with your comments mate

everyone Is intitled to make their own choices

And you Morse are nothing but a coward and sh!t bag as i proved before. Again i will settle your problem out off the board because you get too involved like some freak.

I dont like throwing jibes back and forth over the internet. Reality is you meeting me and calling me to my face. I guarantee i will blitz you in 20secs flat.

You are a joke.

GWilso, i think you have all misunderstood what i said. You will pay prices because it is a lexus. Now i didnt state that it means being ripped off. When something comes across cheap it is often too good to be true especially with the marque brands.

Sorry, but that is complete bollocks. The guy has been ripped off - you seem to be suggesting that because he tried to save a few quid its his own fault for getting ripped off. Thats akin to saying if you don't take your car to lexus and pay £50+ an hour labour you shouldn't expect your car to be serviced properly. Utter nonsense at the best of times, and certainly not what he would want to hear just now.

Like he said he has learnt the hard way and i completely sympathise with him. He didnt deserve that and i hope he gets his cash back. All i am saying as per my previous post be careful when things are too cheap to be true as it is usually the case.

If something is "too good to be true", often it is. Meaning that it might not fit properly, might be of inferior quality etc. The point here is the guy has been ripped off - nothing to do with the quality of the product - it would make no difference if he had spent £300 or £3000 - if you get ripped off, you get ripped off!

Pip, I think I am in tune with the point you are putting across matey, just could have been phrased a little better.

Lets all keep it friendly folks, it's easy to misunderstand emails, posts, texts etc.

This is probably the best owners club and forum out there, certainly more supported and friendly than a few I have signed up for recently with the Monaro. Lets all have a group hug and keep it that way :D :tomato:

Back on topic,

Paul rather than letting the bast*rd get away with it Scott free, would it be possible to pass the debt on to one of those debt collection agencies( no win no fee )... let them hound this guy for you, I mean eBay had some details on him and you paid the money through the bank so he has to be traceable....

One of the guys on this forum is in Debt collection.... he may be able to advise......

I might be too optimistic in my thinking but i hate to let him get off....

Even if their fee was only covered by what they collected it would bring some satisfaction

Sorry if I'm talking out my A**e :blush: , as thankfully i haven't been is this situation....

Noel

I dont think he would get much back from them if did pursue it. Never known personal cases to be taken although i maybe wrong.

Now there are other the kind of 'Debt collectors' that i know. Their methods are more of a more 'persuasive' nature.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links