Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been contacted by a U.K. auto-magazine to tell my story. I don't want to, but if things can't be sorted out they have told me that they till help me with something called a "Traders union" to sort things out.

MMM how did the magazine know about you? did they just contact you or did u contact them? just seems a bit strange that a UK magazine would know about your car

the mag contacted me, had been told about this thread by someone... Probably somebody on here that tipped them off..... Not me, mind you.

What sort of problems you got with the car Nico ? brake and grill.

I have sent a list to Dave, no use releasing it unless the things will be fixed. Dave has been given the time to sort these things out in a good way first, the only thing right by him

Nico, you seem like an ok guy.......................i have gone over and over this post, you had your car at Prolex for some months, you get a call saying your car can be picked up so of you go to pick it up but when you get there you was told it needed this and that so the car would be ok to take away, and you said no to the bits + and also said no to the Test drive beening done and picked your car up and went on your way home. on your way home you had some problems with the car, and posted up on LOC right away what they was!!...........

But what you should have done was wait and see if Prolex could fix the problems............and then post up whats up and why you could not get any help from Prolex............it just seems to me you have not given prolex much time to fix any of the problems to your car!

i for one would like to think i know Dave at Prolex well! and i have had work done by prolex and the work has been 1st class

Im just sorry you fill the need to post right away "ie" (as soon as you got back home) about the problems you have with your car...........to me thats not giveing prolex time to fix anything is it??

I agree with you there Marcus but i would post up here straight away as well if a company had my car for 6 months and it wasnt fixed/completed correctly. Ive got all my bits and bobs and hopefully gonna fit them over a weekend (all good plans though :lol: ) so im not sure why or how it took 6 months to get as far as it did.

I agree with you there Marcus but i would post up here straight away as well if a company had my car for 6 months and it wasnt fixed/completed correctly. Ive got all my bits and bobs and hopefully gonna fit them over a weekend (all good plans though :lol: ) so im not sure why or how it took 6 months to get as far as it did.

Yea i hear what you are saying Ellz......................about the time its taken to get the work done!

But nico was told it needed to have a test drive before he could take, but as he was running out of time he said no to it............and to post on here as soon as he gots home! is not giveing any one time to fix anything is it ;)

I honestly think you are very VERY right. I don't see a problem with the way Prolex supply stuff through their webshop, however the problems arise when the car is handed to them for having work done. I have been contacted by a U.K. auto-magazine to tell my story. I don't want to, but if things can't be sorted out they have told me that they till help me with something called a "Traders union" to sort things out. That would still be the last step on the ladder, and I honestly am not keen on that.

Having looked in on this thread at a very early stage, I've now popped back in and can't believe how much things have turned!

I'd have to say I really feel for you because this kind of experience would have really annoyed me, possibly even put me off the car completely as I'd never feel comfortable in it anymore. The fact that you live so far away couldn't possibly have helped matters. Even though this has been going for such a long time, its admirable that you maintain not to take any action and give Prolex a chance to sort it (which I also agree with). I'd agree that from the sales/supplier perspective, my dealings with Prolex were fine, it does seem that any issues are always to do with installation work.

@ Prolex: I really don't understand what's going on here, I know I have nothing to do with this, but as it is on a public forum, I still would like to make a point here

Why are you making excuses about booking ferries, test drives, valets, etc.....???

Nico has obviously paid a substantial amount of money to have some work done on his car. Ok there may have been some miscommunications or whatever, but you have now received full payment on a job that was also way beyond schedule. I have always been of the school of thought that its fine to make mistakes, but how eager and well you rectify them is what makes a person (or company) worth dealing with.

There is only one thing you should be doing right now, and that is arranging with Nico when he can get his car back to London, fix everything that is wrong with it and then make sure the car is completely ready before calling him back over here. Once he is here, you should make sure you both have plenty of time available to extensively test drive the car to make sure everything is fine before letting him go again.

It's as simple as that - there's no need for anyone to take sides with anyone, but I did read some posts from Nico with promises of the car being ready so I also wouldn't be happy travelling such a long distance to find it isn't - if you speak to Lexus Edgware Road you'll find how unhappy I was to travel 10 miles to find my car wasn't ready.

The only thing I really want to read on here next is Nico saying you've arranged to take the car back in, followed by him saying a short while later that its all sorted, and his faith in Prolex has been restored :)

Yea i hear what you are saying Ellz......................about the time its taken to get the work done!

But nico was told it needed to have a test drive before he could take, but as he was running out of time he said no to it............and to post on here as soon as he gots home! is not giveing any one time to fix anything is it ;)

That is not true, I was not told it needed a testdrive. I was told that the car was fully complete, it just needed assembly of trims and covers. I was never told that they needed another test drive. I was told by their techie that the car had been run 200 miles for testing. My car has done 1500 km more than when I delivered it, and so I should think that there would be enough time to test it. I have given Dave time, however he has replied every complaint with a matter that I have not accepted.

If I had your car and didn't do a proper job, when you then told me that something was wrong and I blamed you wouldn't you be very unhappy and distressed? Ie. the mesh loosened, I was told that I must have knocked it during washing. However I have not had the time to wash the car since I got home, as I missed 2 days at work due to delays.

I honestly think you are very VERY right. I don't see a problem with the way Prolex supply stuff through their webshop, however the problems arise when the car is handed to them for having work done. I have been contacted by a U.K. auto-magazine to tell my story. I don't want to, but if things can't be sorted out they have told me that they till help me with something called a "Traders union" to sort things out. That would still be the last step on the ladder, and I honestly am not keen on that.

Having looked in on this thread at a very early stage, I've now popped back in and can't believe how much things have turned!

I'd have to say I really feel for you because this kind of experience would have really annoyed me, possibly even put me off the car completely as I'd never feel comfortable in it anymore. The fact that you live so far away couldn't possibly have helped matters. Even though this has been going for such a long time, its admirable that you maintain not to take any action and give Prolex a chance to sort it (which I also agree with). I'd agree that from the sales/supplier perspective, my dealings with Prolex were fine, it does seem that any issues are always to do with installation work.

@ Prolex: I really don't understand what's going on here, I know I have nothing to do with this, but as it is on a public forum, I still would like to make a point here

Why are you making excuses about booking ferries, test drives, valets, etc.....???

Nico has obviously paid a substantial amount of money to have some work done on his car. Ok there may have been some miscommunications or whatever, but you have now received full payment on a job that was also way beyond schedule. I have always been of the school of thought that its fine to make mistakes, but how eager and well you rectify them is what makes a person (or company) worth dealing with.

There is only one thing you should be doing right now, and that is arranging with Nico when he can get his car back to London, fix everything that is wrong with it and then make sure the car is completely ready before calling him back over here. Once he is here, you should make sure you both have plenty of time available to extensively test drive the car to make sure everything is fine before letting him go again.

It's as simple as that - there's no need for anyone to take sides with anyone, but I did read some posts from Nico with promises of the car being ready so I also wouldn't be happy travelling such a long distance to find it isn't - if you speak to Lexus Edgware Road you'll find how unhappy I was to travel 10 miles to find my car wasn't ready.

The only thing I really want to read on here next is Nico saying you've arranged to take the car back in, followed by him saying a short while later that its all sorted, and his faith in Prolex has been restored :)

Looks like a fair view of the situation from my POV.

That is not true, I was not told it needed a testdrive. I was told that the car was fully complete, it just needed assembly of trims and covers. I was never told that they needed another test drive. I was told by their techie that the car had been run 200 miles for testing. My car has done 1500 km more than when I delivered it, and so I should think that there would be enough time to test it. I have given Dave time, however he has replied every complaint with a matter that I have not accepted.

If I had your car and didn't do a proper job, when you then told me that something was wrong and I blamed you wouldn't you be very unhappy and distressed? Ie. the mesh loosened, I was told that I must have knocked it during washing. However I have not had the time to wash the car since I got home, as I missed 2 days at work due to delays.

Sort a Date with prolex, to take back and sort all your problems for you :)

That's the problem, I have no possible way of getting my car there. The best would be to send a man to fix it or just pay for all bits to be fixed in Norway. Gord, I understand that you have been in contact with Dave about this, wish you haden't made up your mind before considering my POV. You seem like you are set on covering for Prolex. I almost wish you were the one in my shoes.

That's the problem, I have no possible way of getting my car there. The best would be to send a man to fix it or just pay for all bits to be fixed in Norway. Gord, I understand that you have been in contact with Dave about this, wish you haden't made up your mind before considering my POV. You seem like you are set on covering for Prolex. I almost wish you were the one in my shoes.

Nico, what am i trying to cover for prolex ? made up my mind about what ? all i have said to Dave is it is best to get it sorted for you.

If was in you shoes, with the problems you say, no way would i have got on the boat without sorting 1st, coz as you saying its not possible to get the car back that easy.

I will say that the car is running well after considerably more than 40 miles before catching fire unlike Tdi-plc supercharger fitment on Kierans car..requiring a new bonnet and under bonnet wiring loom.........and that that the uprated fuel pump was not sealed in with perishable silicon like on your car (when owned by Simon Skippy) which could well have caught fire and killed you and your family.... this is not news to you as you have seen the evidence with your own eyes.. you have the clogged filter I believe......again fitted by that bastion of good practice Tdi-plc.

As has been mentioned above there are two sides to the story :winky:

Hello Dave,

Quite honestly, I find your comments and actions absolutely astonishing and to be shameful to this industry.

My understanding is that this thread is concerning Nico's car and the work done to it by Prolex. Clearly Nico is unhappy with the work done and the service recieved, and as far as I can see he has acted entirely professionally and reasonably. I don't believe this thread has anything to do with me or TDi, until invoked so I am disappointed that you have chosen to do so.

Your invokation of TDi in a negative way to deflect pressure away from yourself appears to be a classic symptom of a psychotic disorder based around the transference or deflection of responsibility.

Any knowledge you have of Keirans car is 3rd hand at best as is most of the other rubbish you come out with every now and then, and mostly sourced from your disgruntled Techie who was sacked from TDi and from Abbey Motorsport. Most people would consider any sackings strange in an industry that has a chronic shortage of skilled labour.

what has become something of a witch hunt.

the majority of comments which are only posted out of a desire to make mischief or explore hidden agendas.

These may well be genuine issues and concerns.

My silence is not because I am guilty of any wrong doing but due to the fact that I have a life and don't have time to spend going over old matters or crossing swords with Mr Catchamole who despite being the only PLC in the tuning world in England (which is REALLY important it seems) has to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to rubbish Prolex.

"Going over old matters" is exactly what you do, at any opportunity.

Contrary to your statement that I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to rubbish Prolex, the reality is that I don't and that you are quite capable of doing that all by yourself (as your ex-Directors have confirmed).

I am very sorry to say that your changing of my name in such a childish manner is most regretable - I thought I had left that behind in Primary School. My dearly departed Dad used to say "you can call me anything you like, just don't call me late for dinner". Those are amusing and very wise words indeed. However, you have crossed the line of decency and have offended me, therefore I will come looking for you (and your cronies) at the next opportunity to see whether you want to offend me when I'm standing in front of you.

I suppose his major grief is that his margins have dropped because of Prolex a

Thats his problem not mine. I'll continue trying to offer a good service to customers at reasonable prices :D

Supposition is the root cause of many mistakes and foolish behaviour. TDi has seen many competitors come and go over the last couple of decades, and expects to see many more come and go the same way. It's just business.

and worst of all I know someone who has been inside Tdi for 7 years and knows quite a lot about Catchamoles dodgy business practices.

The credibility of the person you refer to is highly questionable (non exitstant in my opinion) for the reasons stated above, but I am sure LOCers are capable of making thier own minds up.

Someone could publish this and make a killing :lol:

I have met dave and bought stuff from prolex a few times always good kit and at a reasonable price i think 99.9% of ppl can vouch for this.

The only time when stuff ever gets knocked for prolex is when a car is taken in and work done by the "techie" I know as Prolex are using this guy/place of work it is down to them to sort it out, but i think the major issue that Prolex need to look at is a new workshop to get the work done, as this seems to be where all the problems arrise.

Just my thoughts

Good luck Nico hope to see you at JAE with a working car :duh:

It's easy to blame other people/circumstances etc etc. The bottom line is that 100% of the responsibility lies with the Managing Director of any company.

Deflection and avoidance techniques are oftem employed by the dishonest and the incapable, but everyone knows where the buck stops.

I will say that the car is running well after considerably more than 40 miles before catching fire unlike Tdi-plc supercharger fitment on Kierans car..requiring a new bonnet and under bonnet wiring loom.........and that that the uprated fuel pump was not sealed in with perishable silicon like on your car (when owned by Simon Skippy) which could well have caught fire and killed you and your family.... this is not news to you as you have seen the evidence with your own eyes.. you have the clogged filter I believe......again fitted by that bastion of good practice Tdi-plc.

As has been mentioned above there are two sides to the story :winky:

Hello Dave,

Quite honestly, I find your comments and actions absolutely astonishing and to be shameful to this industry.

My understanding is that this thread is concerning Nico's car and the work done to it by Prolex. Clearly Nico is unhappy with the work done and the service recieved, and as far as I can see he has acted entirely professionally and reasonably. I don't believe this thread has anything to do with me or TDi, until invoked so I am disappointed that you have chosen to do so.

Your invokation of TDi in a negative way to deflect pressure away from yourself appears to be a classic symptom of a psychotic disorder based around the transference or deflection of responsibility.

Any knowledge you have of Keirans car is 3rd hand at best as is most of the other rubbish you come out with every now and then, and mostly sourced from your disgruntled Techie who was sacked from TDi and from Abbey Motorsport. Most people would consider any sackings strange in an industry that has a chronic shortage of skilled labour.

what has become something of a witch hunt.

the majority of comments which are only posted out of a desire to make mischief or explore hidden agendas.

These may well be genuine issues and concerns.

My silence is not because I am guilty of any wrong doing but due to the fact that I have a life and don't have time to spend going over old matters or crossing swords with Mr Catchamole who despite being the only PLC in the tuning world in England (which is REALLY important it seems) has to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to rubbish Prolex.

"Going over old matters" is exactly what you do, at any opportunity.

Contrary to your statement that I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to rubbish Prolex, the reality is that I don't and that you are quite capable of doing that all by yourself (as your ex-Directors have confirmed).

I am very sorry to say that your changing of my name in such a childish manner is most regretable - I thought I had left that behind in Primary School. My dearly departed Dad used to say "you can call me anything you like, just don't call me late for dinner". Those are amusing and very wise words indeed. However, you have crossed the line of decency and have offended me, therefore I will come looking for you (and your cronies) at the next opportunity to see whether you want to offend me when I'm standing in front of you.

I suppose his major grief is that his margins have dropped because of Prolex a

Thats his problem not mine. I'll continue trying to offer a good service to customers at reasonable prices :D

Supposition is the root cause of many mistakes and foolish behaviour. TDi has seen many competitors come and go over the last couple of decades, and expects to see many more come and go the same way. It's just business.

and worst of all I know someone who has been inside Tdi for 7 years and knows quite a lot about Catchamoles dodgy business practices.

The credibility of the person you refer to is highly questionable (non exitstant in my opinion) for the reasons stated above, but I am sure LOCers are capable of making thier own minds up.

Someone could publish this and make a killing :lol:

I have met dave and bought stuff from prolex a few times always good kit and at a reasonable price i think 99.9% of ppl can vouch for this.

The only time when stuff ever gets knocked for prolex is when a car is taken in and work done by the "techie" I know as Prolex are using this guy/place of work it is down to them to sort it out, but i think the major issue that Prolex need to look at is a new workshop to get the work done, as this seems to be where all the problems arrise.

Just my thoughts

Good luck Nico hope to see you at JAE with a working car :duh:

It's easy to blame other people/circumstances etc etc. The bottom line is that 100% of the responsibility lies with the Managing Director of any company.

Deflection and avoidance techniques are oftem employed by the dishonest and the incapable, but everyone knows where the buck stops.

If hearing the story from Kieran himself is third hand then you may be correct.

The sacking story has been done to death so no need to cover that. Best to say you are wrong.

The problem with this post is I have not,due to customer confidentiality, been able to give the full story.

I'm confident that if the full story was told then any doubts people may have would be swiftly removed.

The issue is regarding culpability. You clearly mentioned Keiran is an attempt to belittle TDI and to deflect the pressure away from yourself. This all happened a few years ago and there was no question at the time of TDi being at fault then or since (even though we had the car earlier this year for another major upgrade). If there is any suggestion that TDi are at fault, will it be ok to interview your Techie who was responsible for Keirans car when he worked at TDi? I take customer care issues very seriously.

The sacking story has been done to death so no need to cover that. Best to say you are wrong.

Those are very stong words. I have twice given you the opportunity of seeing our file which contains all of the evidence and all of the corrspondence regarding this issue so that you may form a balanced view, which you continue to decline. Please let me have your substantive reasons why you think that I am wrong. Thanks.

The problem with this post is I have not,due to customer confidentiality, been able to give the full story.

I'm confident that if the full story was told then any doubts people may have would be swiftly removed.

Perhaps it would be in your best interest to ask Nico for permission to make public your side of the story so that you can vindicate yourself?

Latest email exchange for everyones delectation

from me -

Tony is adamant that he aked if the sound of the exhaust in the Skyline you went to the workshop in was what you wanted.

This is what he aimed for. If you had of asked for a quiet one, as I did with my Aristo, then thats what you would have got.

You should be aware,as previously mentioned, that putting any other silencer box in will result in the map presently set on the car being wrong (due to increased back pressure with can effect fuelling,egts etc)

If you want to bring the car over I can arrange for a box to be made & fitted and the map adjusted for you at cost.

I can get the other issues sorted at the same time in one go (even bed brakes in)

Suggest you get ferry over to Newcastle & drive to Stanstead where I will meet you (having booked & paid for your flight home for you) We have car for 7 days you get return flight to Stanstead on agreed day and drive to Newcastle to get ferry back that night.

I would suggest doing this early in January (when discs are here)

Nico s response

When I now say that I have asked for a exhaust that is NOT noisy, you just shrug it off and say that ”Tony said this and that”. Stop listening to Tony and start listening to the customer!!! I HAVE EXPRESSED THAT I DON’T WANT A LOUD EXHAUST! I can NOT drop my car off and you’d better face the facts that I am a VERY unhappy man at this moment! This is not a threat, this is a fact: I will make use of the magazines offer and go public as well as contacting the “Trading union”, as I was told to by them, if I am not treated with respect.

My response

Nico,

I can do no more than I have offered.

By all means go to whatever magazine you wish. In England they will interview you then me not just publish what you say. I'd be very surprised indeed when the magazine sees all the evidence that they will be interested in your story as we have been more than fair with you.

I think you mean trading standards. Once again please do so. Again they will speak/interview me and I'm confident they will see nothing wrong with what we have done.

My offer to take your car back to look at and fix the faults you mention and pay for your costs in getting here is more than fair.

It is clear what you are trying to do on LOC. You are trying to discredit Prolex to get out of paying me the money that is still outstanding.

You may want to reconsider this strategy as it does not bother me in the slightest what you allege.

I've spoken to the techie and from the list you sent me there will be no problem in having the car ready for you 7 days after you drop it off.

On the exhaust do you remember the blue Subaru ? You said you liked that (not tip) which was even noiser !

Nico's response

have not gone to any magazine, they have contacted me through LOC. I don’t know who tipped them off. I am not trying to discredit you, I am trying to be treated fairly. If you were me you would not accept the 6 months this took, the problems afterwards, and the blame being dealt YOU

My response

Nico,

I'm not bothered in the slightest about what you say to a magazine as they have to speak to me before they publish.

You have 2 choices.

1) bring car back as discussed with Prolex-uk covering your travel costs and getting the car ready for you in 7 days from you leaving car with us.

2) sending binnacle back for it to be looked at and returned 24 hours after being received by Prolex-Uk. Sending new discs to you when ready for collection. Paying for 2 small paintwork jobs and Prolex-Uk removing that from the balance owed by you (on receipt of invoice). Other points to be fixed by telephone/email guidance.

I will also point out that the car would NEVER have left the workshop without a roadtest and you refused to allow a roadtest to take place.

Let me know which of the two choices you want to pursue

This is too good to be true. :) Quoting emails is a good way to do it. Let me just say that you are opening a door that should have been closed. Just fix my car, that is all I ask. I have nothing to win by slagging you off, but poeple clearly see how easy it is to be a customer of Prolex. The "manager" actually trying to slag the customer off in public.

This is too good to be true. :) Quoting emails is a good way to do it. Let me just say that you are opening a door that should have been closed. Just fix my car, that is all I ask. I have nothing to win by slagging you off, but poeple clearly see how easy it is to be a customer of Prolex. The "manager" actually trying to slag the customer off in public.

Not exactly sure what you mean as the options given are more than fair and you invited me to post my comments.

You have elected for option 2 so I await delivery of the binnacle

If i was you, i would go for number 1, thats more than most tuning comps, would do for you :o and its what you are asking for ( just fix my car ) :D

The issue is regarding culpability. You clearly mentioned Keiran is an attempt to belittle TDI and to deflect the pressure away from yourself. This all happened a few years ago and there was no question at the time of TDi being at fault then or since (even though we had the car earlier this year for another major upgrade). If there is any suggestion that TDi are at fault, will it be ok to interview your Techie who was responsible for Keirans car when he worked at TDi? I take customer care issues very seriously.

Those are very stong words. I have twice given you the opportunity of seeing our file which contains all of the evidence and all of the corrspondence regarding this issue so that you may form a balanced view, which you continue to decline. Please let me have your substantive reasons why you think that I am wrong. Thanks.

Perhaps it would be in your best interest to ask Nico for permission to make public your side of the story so that you can vindicate yourself?

this work was done by another techie as you well know..........brake fluid leaked onto exhaust manifold which caught fire due to the pipe used when relocating the clutch resevoir not being insulated and melting due to the heat from the manifold...

Do you also deny that even though you promised Kieron new parts to repair the damage you actually sourced second hand parts which were then painted to look new ?

On the sacking side as said before I've seen the papers and you are again making a misleading statement

If i was you, i would go for number 1, thats more than most tuning comps, would do for you :o and its what you are asking for ( just fix my car ) :D

who is going to pay for the ferry and additional days lost at work do you think?

I too would go for Option 1.

It does sound like you have had a communication breakdown/changed your mind over things, so best to bring the car back, so that Prolex can get another good look at the car and make sure everything is working and the car is roadtested before being released back to you.

After the amount of money you must have spent, I wouldn't settle for anything less.

Just a shame you live so far away!

Good Luck Nico! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links