Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gone South......is300

why no build progression shots mike, its a good way of keeping people interested, certainly worked for the Monster Build

Didn't mean it to come across like that Mat......there will be plenty of pics of the work as it progresses, which will be made public upon completion of the project. It's not that we want to share this with folks, just that "work in progress" tends to attract negativity from some quarters of the community which we want to avoid. There will be plenty of opportunity for comments (and criticism) once the project is completed.

i like what your doing but like mat said if you put picsup work in progress keeps the interest up plus some of that negativity who ever it is from may have pluses in it and get you thinking i think all worked out plans how ever acurate can be added on by others just a thougt will be nice to see the outcome

Darren - Its a deliberate decision as when we posted up previous posts on work in progress it generated a lot of genuine interest but a lot of negative stuff which when I/Mike responded degenerated into a slanging match which got no one anywhere.

Project has been thought through and costed. Twill be the daddy of all IS's IMHO

Just on a brake note, were AP racing and Tarox considered as they have commercialy availiable kits at the moment and the Tarox ones look really good and are good value for money.

Plus tarox have just released a 16 pot caliper that looks amazing and could definately harness some of those ponies!!

I assume your going for the monster caliper from hi-spec tho, which does look meaty :)

Just on a brake note, were AP racing and Tarox considered as they have commercialy availiable kits at the moment and the Tarox ones look really good and are good value for money.

Plus tarox have just released a 16 pot caliper that looks amazing and could definately harness some of those ponies!!

I assume your going for the monster caliper from hi-spec tho, which does look meaty :)

Yep, the rotors and calipers will be the biggest to go on an IS this side of the pond :winky:

im assuming the effect will be similar to dropping a ships anchor out of the boot then, lol.....

May i suggest fitting big foam pads to dash so you have somewhere nice and soft to plant your face when ya slam on the brakes, lol!

Twill be the daddy of all IS's IMHO

why does comment of it being the best/daddy the greatest this side of the pond seem always to come out.......i could just turn round and say well been there done that.......but i wont because like so many other im intrested in this build for what it is, the engineering ability undertaken, its not a ***** waving fest.......

it will be great for sure, but i think its wrong or premptive to big it up in such a way.

remember the Monster had a complete engine swap, that in itself made the work done and the task achived the best in its own way.

i hope it is a great and groundbreaking achivement, but please stop the undertones of its gonna be better than this that or the whatever, the TDI - Prolex shouting match really has no place in this context

Yep, the rotors and calipers will be the biggest to go on an IS this side of the pond :winky:

big, is not always best for effeciancy...are you matching the rears mike, and changing the master cylinder to cope with the additional braking requirements?

Edited by Monster-Mat

I'm not interested in a pi$$ing contest Mat; this conversion may also be on an IS but the fundamentals are completely different - this is an IS300 auto, the FI comes from a supercharger rather than a turbo and the car retains most of the original 2JZ-GE engine. The two conversions should therefore be considered on their individual merits and comparisons left to the pub.

I'm not interested in a pi$$ing contest Mat; this conversion may also be on an IS but the fundamentals are completely different - this is an IS300 auto, the FI comes from a supercharger rather than a turbo and the car retains most of the original 2JZ-GE engine. The two conversions should therefore be considered on their individual merits and comparisons left to the pub.

quite true Mike....

just i sense an undertone of Prolex versus TDI, which neither conversion should be seen as :)

that is all i look at if others snipe let them but work in progress is a great idea for all if the plans are in place and everthing is the dogs danglies like the monster lets see this be born and judge as we go

Totally agree

quite true Mike....

just i sense an undertone of Prolex versus TDI, which neither conversion should be seen as :)

I did not mean my comment to come across as you imply Matthew. I do feel that from what Mike & I have discussed/agreed the car will be special.

big, is not always best for effeciancy...are you matching the rears mike, and changing the master cylinder to cope with the additional braking requirements?

Nonsense......the master cylinder does not form part of the equation. Please quantify this statement.

i think its to do with the displacement of the master cylinder, for example if on full depression it forces 50ml into each caliper, but for example your new caliper requires 85ml to push all the pistons home.

I think.....:(

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links