Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is

No....as all new Lexus, i.e the is250,350, GS, RX and LS are now sold in Japan as lexus, the old Is200/300 was sold in Japan as a Toyota Altezza

Lexus is a brand in its Own right now, with its own management, Funding, etc etc so as such it is marketed around the world as a brand in its own right

I don't believe there will be an Altezza this time round. Previously, Toyota had sold Lexus models in Japan under their own brand, leaving the Lexus brand for Europe and the USA. These days though, Lexus have enough brand image that Toyota didn't feel it necessary to market them as Toyotas in Japan, and hence all new Lexus are that and that alone -- they aren't sold under any other name or brand anywhere.

At least that's what I believe to be the case... please correct me if I'm wrong.

bear in mind you DO NOT have to have your new lexus serviced with lexus to maintain the warranty, as long as it is serviced to the manufacturers schedule and specification, you can have it serviced anywhere.

Why dont Lexus have their own service centres if as you say they are "on their own"....i take my car to a Lexus dealer to have a service but they drive it round the corner into a Toyota s/centre :duh: :duh:

I'm not sure about all the dealers, but the only one I've actually seen into is Edgware Road, and they have separate service centres for Lexus and Toyota...... :)

Why dont Lexus have their own service centres if as you say they are "on their own"....i take my car to a Lexus dealer to have a service but they drive it round the corner into a Toyota s/centre :duh: :duh:

Well that's a bit cheeky, I enquired about a used Lexus at the weekend and asked if it could be serviced at a Toyota dealers round the corner from my house, instead of a 20 mile drive to the nearest Lexus dealers, and they said no! I think I'd just use my trusty independent workshop near work.

Going back to the original question though, does the "Toyota Altezza" name have any particular brand strength to it in Japan I wonder? Over here they're a bit special because they're rare and are normally RS200's, but unless it means something special to the Japanese then the car will be sold as a Lexus there too as they are doing now.

I don't like that mark-x, there's something a bit "hyundai" about it...... :unsure:

Agreed. It's pretty rotten if you ask me.

I'm glad this doesn't share the Lex badge.

There are a lot of Lexus design clues in that and while I'm not sure of its dimensions it looks to me like it shares the floorpan with then new LS460.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links