Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aido's New Car

Adie

Looks like a beast, what's the 0-60 on these things with a decent set of tyres?

Mines 5.5 with Nexus on 18" rimms in a MK I, as the speedo goes up, the fuel gauge goes down :duh:

As Aido says, a wolf in sheeps clothing :lol:

You've got a beauty there Aido, look after her and she'll give a ride like no other :winky:

I could spin my wheels as well at about 50mph and always thought that it may happen at higher speeds - definitely brown pants time! Didn't try it again after that. :lol::lol:

Looks nice - definitely get some 19's on it like Mitul mentioned.

Thanks Yemgi :)

Just cleaned the car, she's looking pretty mint!

Will look ace when the rear bumper is sprayed and some cosmetic work done :)

Really going to miss the IS though, had a lot of fun with that car!

If you're looking for tires, pick up a set of Falken FK451's or FK452's whichever ones you can get ahold of. Normally when I'd punch it around a roundabout and try and bring the rear end out, the Goodyears would give in, these on the other hand grip like there's no tomorrow. Still have to see how they fair in the wet, but supposed to be as good as Eagle's if not better. Plus they're cheaper than Eagle's too ;)

Really?

Had a set of the Falkens on the IS from when I had Zee's alloys, always used Toyo Proxes since but they weren't exactly great in the wet at times, would be interesting to see how the Falkens are in the wet, I've got some Maxxis budget tyres on at the minute which came with the car, think they're the source of all the problems but they'll do for now until I can afford to get some proper rubber on there, plus these are good for getting used to the car!

Like your car mate, been reading through tonnes of stuff on these motors and was looking at your Cardomain stuff - did you do any of those mods that are listed as ordered? Just wondering how you got on with them all?

A friend loves his Ferraris and I'd love to have something that could kick his ***** in the F430 when he takes delivery next summer - to be fair though I'll probably still be running the car as is now!

Can't really find the figures for these cars, saw something on the net saying 5.70 for the V300 and then another vague reference on a Chinese / Japanese site saying 5.12 for the V300 Vertex?

Not sure to be honest, it's certainly quick though, but incredibly refined at the same time!

Pete at Thor tinkered with this when he had it so not sure what she's pushing out figure wise, power quoted at 350bhp, not sure where the torque is sitting but going on that it could be around the 500NM mark!!!

Love it :D

Can't really find the figures for these cars, saw something on the net saying 5.70 for the V300 and then another vague reference on a Chinese / Japanese site saying 5.12 for the V300 Vertex?

Not sure to be honest, it's certainly quick though, but incredibly refined at the same time!

Pete at Thor tinkered with this when he had it so not sure what she's pushing out figure wise, power quoted at 350bhp, not sure where the torque is sitting but going on that it could be around the 500NM mark!!!

Love it :D

Told you :)

IS is a lovely car but the risto TT is another league :winky:

Handling on mine is 60% better with the TRD anti rolls.........TEINs should finish it. Any slack and the C-One chassis braces are next :D

Not had any rear end skittishness in mine (was on Potenzas now Toyo Proxes) but its not really rained here :D

Yes mate, Congrats.

knew you would get one one day ;)

Def get wider wheels for rear and sort out the handling side before performance ;)

I still think you should get Black and Chromes in the summer.. in the Gangsta City and all that :lol:

img_1.jpg

img_2.jpg

img_3.jpg

If you're looking for tires, pick up a set of Falken FK451's or FK452's whichever ones you can get ahold of. Normally when I'd punch it around a roundabout and try and bring the rear end out, the Goodyears would give in, these on the other hand grip like there's no tomorrow. Still have to see how they fair in the wet, but supposed to be as good as Eagle's if not better. Plus they're cheaper than Eagle's too ;)

I went from Dunlop Sport Maxx, to FK452s... (225/35s and 265/30s)

Road noise went down, overall grip is less, its not as sticky as the dunlops... Though its a pretty big price difference!! (£450 Vs £700)

If your going to go through rubber, the FK452s and the new Toyos are defo good choices..

I'd go 20s though, 19s are too small :P

Yes mate, Congrats.

knew you would get one one day ;)

Def get wider wheels for rear and sort out the handling side before performance ;)

I still think you should get Black and Chromes in the summer.. in the Gangsta City and all that :lol:

Looks very nice that car actually, stop it I'm saving :lol:

Thanks for that mate, it was a matter of time, like Dave's been telling me for ages I should get one of these, and no offence but these really are a whole new class of car, the ride quality is just different again to how my IS was, I always thought the IS was about as good as it got but went out in both cars today and the difference really is night and day!

Thanks to Dave for pointing me in the direction of this car :D

These highly modded IS's that are springing up now though are going to be awesome, I'm really going to miss it, but my driving style will change totally in the Aristo, you have to drive them differently, and I tell you what, I'm a lot more laid back! Just hate it even more now when people pull out in front of you at the last minute and then proceed to do half the speed limit!

@ Dave, will be interested in those sways at some point mate, will drop you a pm :)

@ Am, cheers for that dude, may have to look into these Falkens again if I ever move up in size, for now will probably go with the Toyos or the Goodyears on this car, will see how things go :D

I had Maxi's on mine as well....wonder if this was down to the tires then :unsure: You'll probably notice a lot of jealous idiots on the road getting road rage now, as many people will falsely think you're a flash barstool!!!! :P :D Little do they know that the car costs less than a new Fiesta! Gotta be the bargain car of the century for me! <_< :whistling::whistling: :heart: :D

Yeah could be pal, did you find the Maxi's hard wearing then?

Maybe this is why the grip isn't so great is they're a harder compound?

As for the road rage you're well right, something I've noticed is that loads of people pull out where before they'd sit and wait, I'm talking I'll be doing 60 in a national and they'll scream out of a junction giving me less than the stopping distance so I slam the anchors on, get right behind them due to that being the best the brakes can do, then they slam the anchors on or give me the finger :o

I'm not flash though :o I'll be sat inside wearing my torn shorts and scruffy tshirt :D

Actually that bit makes me laugh, was in the dealers the other day in the scruffs, hadn't had a shave for two or three days and was sat waiting for them to check some stuff out, a couple of older guys were talking about their cars so I listened for a bit and then joined in - they obviously had made an impression of me instantly as they asked if I'd just gone down to look at some of the cars, it gave me great pleasure to tell them I'd got 2 Lexus's, and at that point mine turned back up :D

Never judge a book by it's cover :winky:

Have to admit though last night I went to the gym (yep that's right don't all pass out) and the security guard actually came straight over for a look and to ask what it was - he was well impressed, it's a pretty flash place so you get Porsches, nice Mercedes etc and he says that it's the nicest sounding and looking car he's seen there in six months! He was into his Jap imports as well so gave him the tour, he was well surprised to see the twin turbo's :D

OK looks a bit newer now, I've chromed the grille using the DIY tips across the net, then fitted the 2001 onwards rear light clusters and the RX300 clear side repeaters...

Also took the car to Tint-R in Nottingham today and as usualy Richard there has done a magic job, only gone for 35% at the front as didn't want to risk getting pulled constantly and never had a problem with the ones in the IS :D

That's the first round of mods out the way now!

OK looks a bit newer now, I've chromed the grille using the DIY tips across the net, then fitted the 2001 onwards rear light clusters and the RX300 clear side repeaters...

Also took the car to Tint-R in Nottingham today and as usualy Richard there has done a magic job, only gone for 35% at the front as didn't want to risk getting pulled constantly and never had a problem with the ones in the IS :D

That's the first round of mods out the way now!

Yeah, he does a top job done he!

Cool ride, big fella....

BTW you won't get that wastegate chatter due to the AT

Hi,

On my car with standard engine spec i can hear wastegate chatter.

Nice car you have there aido.

Chips..

Hmmmm, thanks mate, no idea on the chatter, have to admit I'm learning everything from scratch with these cars!

Something new every day! Learnt the snow button is a *** send in torrential rainfall today!

@ Kazi, yeah Richard is sound, that's my last two cars he's breathed upon now, he still remembered me and the last car from three years ago when I had that done - now that is seriously impressive stuff!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links