Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Know This Car......

Hi All

As I think many of you know (cos I've bugged you for long enough!) I'm still on the search for my IS200....want to make sure I get the right one.

I've seen a car advertised (guy's name is Graham) in Orpington, Kent......

--------------------

1999(V) LEXUS IS200 Se (navigator), 35000 miles, £15,250, Granite, Full History, Sunroof, CD Player, Air Conditioning, Stereo, Electric Windows, One Owner, Alarm, Central Locking, Power Assisted Steering, Alloy Wheels, Warranty, Remote Central Locking, Electric Mirrors, Immobiliser, Electric drivers seat. Fully specified with factory fitted Sat. Nav. Its even got Auto headlights! This is the one youve been dreaming of., Tel: 01689 877950 Mobile: 07770 734868 Email: grahamis@thegolfcourse.co.uk (Private)

--------------------

Seems exactly what I'm after, though I do think it is a little pricey considering a private sale. (consequently over my budget - if it's a nice car I'll offer him what I am able)

Just wondering if anyone knows the car, if you think it is worth me going to see it etc. etc.?

Any comments welcome

Thanks all

Tony

Hi M8,

dont know the car, but it says it has Warranty, and for that year it aint got a huge amount of mileage on...

We all know the IS200 holds its value... have a look on autotrader for similar cars of that mileage.. I think you maybe suprised

how much the beasts hold their value.... It has Sat Nav... which bumps the price up more aswell... full history (not that they ever go wrong)

I would say its fair, you could perhaps get him down at max by a grand, but it looks priced to sell m8

:-(

-Lee :duh:

Hi, thanks for the reply

I've been looking into these a fair while now (4 months ish) and so (dare I say it) think i have quite a good idea of what's around and for what price.

I'd expect to pay that price at a dealer. I agree with u, low miles and sat nav, but compare it to the likes of Auto Trader and Exchange and Mart and very similar cars are going for £14-£14,5k rather than £15k. I know of an identical car (but 29000miles) that was up for £13995 from a non-lexus dealer (got sold Saturday).

Do consider it's private, and a 99 car (tho it does say it has warranty, so I assume he's extended it).

I've e-mailed the guy, so I'll wait and see what he responds.

Quick note to one and all here: went to Lexus Hadleigh on Saturday. Absolutely horrific salesmen.......I was going to look at (didn't want to buy, but just get an idea) a £15k car. He actually told us it went for £14k 2 days before. Basically he said to my dad and I "We are willing to knockn a grand off any car on this forecort". What a fool !!! he he he

Thanks for the link........I've spoken with Jenners before about his car. It is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for me........EXCEPT......the colour.

Take a look at his price though - identical bar colour to the one above (in fact newer).

I really am annoyed at myself that I dont want a silver one - because that really does look like a nice car!! Real shame.

Thanks thou for posting the link - is very much appreciated.

Tony

Ummm, another good point to drop the price on teh one you are looking at then....

Otherwise you could always wear coloured glasses.. and you cant see the exterior colour from the outside...

:D

Have you actually driven an IS200 yet?

-Lee

as i say - been playing and considering for about 4 months now (I do like to learn alot about cars I'm looking to buy if that makes sense!?)

Driven probably 7 or 8 IS200's......with different mileages / ages (so different A/B/C specification). MEchanically all the same, but wanted to see how different models (SE vs Sport) versus different mileages (High vs low) versus different ages (new vs old) compare with one another.

I do love the car - took me a while to decide what car to get next. Considered many options, but now very sure I want an IS200. It's just finding the right one at the right price.

Nice thought about sunglasses.......darkened ones would make it look similar to Granite Sky I guess !?

Basically he said to my dad and I "We are willing to knockn a grand off any car on this forecort". What a fool !!! he he he

I would be absolutley amazed if that's all they knocked off the price !!

I have never bought a main dealer car and received less than £1750 off the forecourt price. Don't assume that just because it's a main dealer the prices are fixed and non-negotiable. Or, for that matter, that they have cars that cannot be bought for less than a private sale. I know this seems hard to believe and it is not always the case (obviously) but it is by no means unusual.

Case in point - I bought my GS from a Lexus main dealer - Forecourt price £16000 - sold to me for £12750 with full Lexus warranty etc etc.

If Lexus Hadleigh are offering a grand off the price straight off and you think that's a good offer then take it. Alternatively haggle some more and get an even better deal.

No offense to you, but I would say that the fool was the one who took the main dealers first discount. :withstupid:

Or, for that matter, that they have cars that cannot be bought for less than a private sale. I know this seems hard to believe and it is not always the case (obviously) but it is by no means unusual.

That I am surprised at!

I was just so surprised because his reaction really was that he was chuffed at getting £14k! Which said to me exactly what you say above......they are willing to knock an AWFUL lot more off the price!

Didn't quite realise you could get savings such as you did above though (for your GS).....I really am going to start looking a bit higher in the range !!!

Was looking at about £15k cars and intending to buy for around £13.5k.....I will certainly be looking alot lot higher now too.

Thanks guys

Tony

Dobbin

Following what you told me I started looking for cars a fair bit above my budget (£14k).

I've found a PERFECT car for me from Lexus.co.uk - up for £16k.

It's a fair way away from me (approx 5/6hours) so I'll ring them, get them to send me pictures, all being well I'll make a conditional offer over the phone and see if they accept it !!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys.

he he

I've seen your car for sale Chris, and - quite frankly - I'd have it now. BUT, it's just a little too over my budget (£14k).

I used to own an Esc Cosworth which I kept in mint condition (working class concours condition, but never actually entered) and so I really do love cars that have so much attention and hard work put on them.

Such a shame, but good luck selling !

(if u would like to sell for £14k, I'll be up tonight !!!)

Dobbin

Following what you told me I started looking for cars a fair bit above my budget (£14k).

I've found a PERFECT car for me from Lexus.co.uk - up for £16k.

It's a fair way away from me (approx 5/6hours) so I'll ring them, get them to send me pictures, all being well I'll make a conditional offer over the phone and see if they accept it !!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys.

Good luck Tony

Remember - they want your cash and they want to sell the car - it does them no good having it sitting on their forecourt.

Squeeze every last penny out of them mate :P

Tony - one last thing. It's January, so sales will generally be slower for Dealers. Use that to your advantage. And if you wait towards the end of the month, and they are trying to hit a month target, that'll be even better......

Best of luck, happy hunting. :)

oh well....

seems the plymouth dealer was having none of it!

Car for £16k - offered £13.5k. His response was "the car's up for £16k". I said "ok, that's fair. Talk to me then" and his response was "well i dont think I can, I dont think we're going to get anywhere near one another on price".

I left him by saying "you have my number so if you wish to talk further, please do get in touch". Maybe he'll ring back ;)

as i say though - seems he was having none of it !!!

What dealers did you guys get such good deals with??

Thanks for the link........I've spoken with Jenners before about his car. It is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for me........EXCEPT......the colour.

Take a look at his price though - identical bar colour to the one above (in fact newer).

I'm not knocking Jenners car, it looks great but it is an import which does seem to affect the second hand price (that's probably something you should check with any cars you see).

Good luck Tony, did Hadleigh not have anything else to offer assuming a discount of the forecourt price?

Unfortunately Lexus Hadleigh didn't really have anything else. Test drove one, more just to get another idea and feel for the car, but not what I wanted.

When you say import, what do you mean - from Japan (RHD) or from Europe but bought new and in RHD form. Also, will the Sat Nav still be the same system?

I'm very uncertain and ignorant about imported cars, so any info really would be useful!?

Thanks guys

Tony

(STILL looking......grrrrr :( :arrrggg-matey: :hehe:

Hi Tony,

There has been a V reg Granite Sky SE for sale at my local Non Lexus dealer for about 5 months now.

I think it is a manual but with no Sat Nav, 62K miles with Full Lexus Service History for £12995.

Just rang him and he has just dropped the price to £11995 and has said he is selling his wife's black Sat Nav IS200 if you were interested in that.

:phone:

hmmm - ideally i do want Sat Nav, tho that price is a very good price - and he will probably take lower as well!

His wife's black IS200..........tell me more about that though? Or maybe you have a contact detail I could ring?

I would consider black - do think they can look VERY nice indeed !!!

Thanks again for all your help people

I see the Grey SE - looks like a very good buy at £12k, though obv would have to see it to see the true condition etc. Tempting is that......very tempting.

I'll ring him about his wife's black IS200, and see what comes of it. Never hurts to investigate!!

Here.......is there anybody on here that works at a Lexus dealer, that may be able to aid in the persuasion or, indeed, searching for the car of my dreams from the dealer boss !?!? Just a thought !

When you say import, what do you mean - from Japan (RHD) or from Europe but bought new and in RHD form.  Also, will the Sat Nav still be the same system?

I'm very uncertain and ignorant about imported cars, so any info really would be useful!?

Jenners will correctly me if I'm wrong but the car was purchased in europe and first registered new in the UK. Its identical spec inc the Sat Nav.

With some imports from europe you do have to make sure they are full UK spec but I don't think thats applicable to Lexus as the spec doesn't vary.

Dealers tend to offer less for trade in's for imports, there is no reason for this except that they say when buyers purchase a second hand import they expect to pay less, that filters all the way down the system inc private sellers.

Yep, Can confirm that it was bought new from Lexus Denmark. Exactly the same spec as a car ordered from the UK, only difference is the cover offered, which has been mentioned previously, which is covered by Mondial instead of RAC. It's true that Lexus dealers will pay less for imported cars because (according to the dealer) Lexus GB prevent them from selling non- UK sourced cars. This whole setup helps to maintain their grip on selling cars at inflated prices - and then second hand buyers 'expect' to pay less for them as well - which is fair enough. Hence the price of my car is a lot cheaper than a similar spec car in the same condition but sourced from a Lexus dealer in the UK. I am happy to pass on the saving that I made when I bought it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links