Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tinting The Windows

Darkman

Anyone know how much it would cost to get a GS300 tinted up?

Also who can you recommend in the East London/Essex area to do it?

Thanks!

Tint R Us .......... Chadwell heath ....... probably looking at about £300 all round

Tint R Us .......... Chadwell heath ....... probably looking at about £300 all round

...and don't forget...be careful not to let them fit any tint to the front or front side windows that filters out more than 30% of the available light or Scaryface or one of his colleagues may catch you out with one of these

...and don't forget...be careful not to let them fit any tint to the front or front side windows that filters out more than 30% of the available light or Scaryface or one of his colleagues may catch you out with one of these

Thanks, I thought it was just the front I had to worry about, didn't realise the front sides would be a problem as well.

May treat myself for Xmas (once I sorted the scratches out, damn exchange shopping centre and Tesco Car Parks!!!! :tsktsk: )

• 3 weeks later...

tints shouldnt cost much. I don't know if prices are higher down south in england but here in scotland average price is 150 for all round. Ive got an Is200 black SE 2000, i got it done 35% in front and 20% at the back, looks good. and I got the sun strip at the front windscreen done as well.

It cost me 175. And dont get it too dark than 30% otherwise u will get pulled up by the police. Even having 35% is illegal. The legal limit is 80& i believe, which is ***** to be honest coz u can see right through and totally beats the purpose in having tints and u cant even tell its tinted. The guy was recommending me to do 50%, but i seen the film and an example an it was nothing, even a factory tint looked better!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
hi i'm reader from Hong Kong. I tinted my GS and only cost GBP100 here. We are lucky.

Well thats usefull to know.... :P

Tint R charged me £175 a couple of years back, know thats the midlands so id imagine it would be around the £250 mark

going for 33% all around on mine.. legal limit in new york usa ... 0 on windows cept a dumb stripe... less then factory on the sides... and what ever i want on the back window...

doubt this could be followed because then i would have to remove tint on my car and have a black back window.. boy that would look fantastic

can i get just one window tinted i kinda scratched it while cleaning. will match the other side i dont want one side to be darker then the other its the front driver side window i know when matching paint you cant get a exact match is it the same for windows how long would it take

• 2 weeks later...

all depends on the film they used. like paint every manufacturer has there own colours and degrees of tint. probably best to go back u had it done and find out what brand they use. ive got lumar film which is probably one of the best films on the market. but each to there own.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links