Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got Myself A New Job Today!

aido

Had the interview a few hours back and had it confirmed earlier that I've now got a new job :D

Will be working in Sheffield, in the Attecliffe area for those that know it - it's the seedy part of the city believe it or not :winky:

Start this Monday - will be a bit strange as I've just had a few months out of work to help look after mum but now it's time to get back to the real world for a bit!

I can't wait!

Had the interview a few hours back and had it confirmed earlier that I've now got a new job :D

Will be working in Sheffield, in the Attecliffe area for those that know it - it's the seedy part of the city believe it or not :winky:

Start this Monday - will be a bit strange as I've just had a few months out of work to help look after mum but now it's time to get back to the real world for a bit!

I can't wait!

what will you be doing?

Craig

Congratulations mate and good luck in the new job :D

Thought all of Sheffield was seedy :lol:

Congratulations mate and good luck in the new job :D

Thought all of Sheffield was seedy :lol:

Sheffield? Lovely place; great people. We used to have a workshop in Petre Street. Good university. Wonderful memories of dinners at Cutlers Hall.

And only a short trip to the Peak District and the Pennines. You could do a lot worse.

Not far at all fella - about 400 metres from Caesars on the other side of Wickers Arches!!

Sounds good Steve, will give you a tinkle at some point mate, definitely up for that :D

Good luck in your new job m8y.

I've Just come back from doing some consultancy with an IT group with Citrix farms....

Blew my mind a bit as i usually work with terminal servers or exchange/isa.

What part of IT are you getting envolved in?

Pretty much do it all mate, in my time I've done development, Citrix, Terminal Servers, Altiris, HP-UX, Encina, DCE, MQSeries, Filenet, Kofax, Readsoft Eyes & Hands, SQL, IIS, Websphere, Wintel, Business Objects, Crystal, VMWare, MS & Veritas clustering, firewall stuff, you name it, picked up a pretty broad skillset over the years, been lucky really!

This job is focusing on the Wintel side of things and also application stuff - new builds / projects as well as helping out with any major problems with existing applications.

Will see where it ends up to be honest!

CSC are probably recruiting across the country fella, they lost loads in the last VR programme, and they won another big contract so they'll be needing staff soon!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links