Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roofracks

Rob

hi all, as we have been talking about carrying snowboards and the like in an IS( which is nearly impossible) The big Q is whats the best way to carry ur board? magnetic holders wont work because of the sunroof and i like the idea about the inflateable ones , but how secure if it? - i mean you cant use a board holder could you?

hi all, as we have been talking about carrying snowboards and the like in an IS( which is nearly impossible) The big Q is whats the best way to carry ur board? magnetic holders wont work because of the sunroof and i like the idea about the inflateable ones , but how secure if it? - i mean you cant use a board holder could you?

Errr, i use the ski-hatch ... even without the expensive extension sack :)

They do a roof bar set don't they ?? I know Thule do ...

Well this is it with the roof box on, haven't got any with just the bars.

roofbox1.jpg

roofbox2.jpg

The ends fit under the doors, there is a small indent at the top of the doors especially for them. There is no way to remove them without opening the doors and having a key to the roof bar locks.

Merci :)

I've got a roof box since a while, but I checked the Lexus roof bars and the price is (censored by myself:-)

After all, I cannot decid me to sell the Sportcross, I've checked all the rest of cars and there isn't anyone to replace it, except the Pajero DID3,2 but it will be changed next year so big money loss in perspective.

So I will probably hang on one year more the IS and enjoying it :)

Its a brave man indeed who posts pictures on himself on the forums these days Ricky.

I applaud your courage.

And look forward to the 'chops of your and your car!!!

It is not me Matt! Its one of my mates I was travelling with.

Car looks so sexy with that roofbox on doesn't it! I was going to leave it on for some of the meets.

Vince, I know what you mean about the price of the Lexus roofbars, thats why I went for Thule. Also to fit other similar size cars such as a passat (which my parents own) or 3 series (which my brother has) you only need to swap the £19.99 fitting kit. I've only used them for that one holiday but at least I know they can fit other cars.

Errr, i use the ski-hatch ...  even without the expensive extension sack :)

mine nor any of my friends boards will go thru the hatch but then they are all fairly wide boards. I had a look at some of the roofracks and they were stupid prices. As i normally carry 1 or 2 boards, which i can fit into the car after a bit of hassle, the cost of the roof racks i have seen doesnt really justify it.

The inflatable ones though seem to be better all round, small size, pack away easily and a lot cheaper. Ill have to have a look araound and see what is available.

We brought a snowboard back from Germany last year and it didn't fit through the ski-hatch, had to put diagonally in the back - managed to fit it in just!

One of the reasons we got the CR-V was for getting safely to the ski resorts in Scotland - going to get a roof rack installed, as putting the seats down takes up too much space and means after coming off the slopes her nice leather seats get covered in wet snow :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links