Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had The Car Detailed

Fidgits

Now, I've always been one to look after my cars, I'm not obsessive and break into a sweat if i get some mud on my car, and quite enjoy the 'used' look - but that said, I do also love the look of a nice gleaming car, and have used Meguiers Gold Class since a US friend recomeded it to me, giving a nice deep shine and protective coat.

DSC01347.jpg

However, the last 8 or 9 years and 80,000 miles have taken their toll on my Porsche and while I could get a nice deep shine, up close, the paintwork was full of swirls, scratches and imperfections.

So, i decided to employ the services of Simon from Prestige Detail (no affiliation etc etc...) from PH.

He turned up one afternoon to give me a quick demo of his Paintwork correction services and a quote for the Porsche, I found him very proffesional, and he did a good job on the small area he demonstrated, and I have to admit, having seen other pricing, it was a very competitive quote!

So, cue Monday morning 8:30am, the sun is shining and he turns up raring to go. He starts with a one hell of a wash, normally i can wash, polish and wax the car in an hour or two, he spent this long giving it a really intense wash, and then started with the clay bar.

After lunch he started on the paintwork correction, and stayed at it until 7:30pm, returning 8am the following day to carry on. Unfortunatly, the weather was cold and windy, but he solidered on up till lunch.

Once the correction had been finished, he started on the Zymol HD-cleanser, and then applied the Zymol Vintage Wax by hand.

He finished off by dressing the tyres, plastics, giving the interior leather treatment and the windows a nice sparkle, by which time it was 7pm...

1.jpg

3.jpg

I am very impressed with the job he has done, it is a spectactular improvement, but being completley critical, he hasn't removed 100% of the scratches, there is still a few, but these were pretty deep (created by the previous owners cat I would guess! ) and he did set realistic expectations at the demo that these could not be completley eliminated, but they are practically invisible, and you have to know where to look, and be looking very hard to spot them, but then a 80k car rarely has perfect bodywork, and nothing short of a respray could bring it back to new!

All in all, I am very happy with the job, I just wish the light hadn't been fading on a cloudy day, as the pictures really dont do the depth of shine justice!

So I went out today and got some pics in the sunshine... :D

4.jpg

5.jpg

I would highly reccomend Simon's services to anyone, he's based down in Exeter, though would travel a reasonable distance (he says he does London - just for reference) and if anyone wants his contact details, feel free to PM me!

Looks awesome mate :D

How are you finding the Porsche?

oh i love it.

Slightly more stressful experience than the Lexus though - recently needed a new Battery which didn't do my blood pressure much good.

But a fantastic car, when you use it everyday, you forget how much fun it can be to thrash it down a country lane... so its important to do it regularly so you dont forget! :winky:

nice one fidgits it looks awesome,im getting mine done on sunday by a company in stoke called reflectionsdetailing,it will cost a fair whack approx £200 +£50 for a full detail interior and exterior+ little paint correction but i hope it works out aswell as yours has.I must say darker coolers come up a treat,as yours has.Mine is a titanium silver M3 which im getting done for the sale soon,but ive seen some dark blues and black cars which look truelly stunning once they have been done.You will be able to mantain it easily now.I really should have had mine done before winter to save it from the salt and other nasty winter weathering that ruins the paintwork.i went on detailing world the other day after andrew the detailer who's doing mine told me to look at to see some of his work and saw some pics that the guys on there have off their cars and they really look great once done.

:D

Nice one pal, there are some great ones up this way, I like the road between Chesterfield and Stockport, some lovely views in the peaks, but you can absolutely run your car ragged up there!

Glad you're using it as it's meant to be used fella :)

:D

Nice one pal, there are some great ones up this way, I like the road between Chesterfield and Stockport, some lovely views in the peaks, but you can absolutely run your car ragged up there!

Glad you're using it as it's meant to be used fella :)

I try mate, I try...

the problem is, my abilities seem to run out well before the cars! :lol:

no idea what fidgits paid for his but most good detailers charge £250+ thats for the detail.Paint correction work is normally charged at an hourly rate of £35+ and that can take a day of work aswell.

lots then. :D

Looks amazing Fidgits :D

actually no, it was a bit of a bargin, and i dont discuss personal information on open forums, call it a bad habit ;)

Cant fault you mate. Im curious, but admire your morels

kazi its "morals",probably a typing error,but seeing as you are always correcting everyone on their grammar and their typing language i thought id break your balls. :P

fidgits sorry to talk bout $$$,didnt realise you were so particular, but clearly respect that!,sorry if i was giving anything away.although it seems like you had an individual pricing on this one.I too am curious bout your pricing,if you dont mind mailing me at collect1952@aol.com id love to know the price you paid for that excellent peice of work.Ive recently taken an interest in proff detailing after surfing a few sites.

kazi its "morals",probably a typing error,but seeing as you are always correcting everyone on their grammar and their typing language i thought id break your balls. :P

:lol: Arrrrggghhh but its only folks that use short hand on keyboards that baffles me....im the first to admit my spelling is not all that great....but come on....it was early hours of Friday morning... :whistling:

Thanks for that Rsarin :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links