bloofire

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK...who said a single............. :)

after carefull deliberation, its been decided that 2 of everything has to be better............

and so may i take this opertunity to introduce to you, the Twins.......

So, finally given up on the idea of having some steering then :unsure:

:mat:

twas the sequential setup on the factory turbos that didnt allow for steering.........

That looks like a tight fit.

Mat, what made you choose the twins over the single?

twins will ultimatly produce more power, and as the HKS f-con pro is being used we can do away with the factory flow sensor, which would have made having 2 turbos a problem

plus 2 turbos look better B)

That looks like a tight fit.

Mat, what made you choose the twins over the single?

twins will ultimatly produce more power, and as the HKS f-con pro is being used we can do away with the factory flow sensor, which would have made having 2 turbos a problem

plus 2 turbos look better B)

I definitely agree, it looks soooooooo nice B)

OK...who said a single............. :)

after carefull deliberation, its been decided that 2 of everything has to be better............

and so may i take this opertunity to introduce to you, the Twins.......

Monsters_twin_turbos.jpg

they don't look like the HKS turbos from the previous page (or are they?). could just be that they look different when fitted.

We are going great guns thanks Zee.

The twin turbo kit as you probably guessed is actually made for the Supra, so a lot of it doesn't fit without a fight.

We are currently in the process of refabricating the down pipes and wastegate actuator take offs. I will post some pictures of what it looks like off the car, early next week. After that we refabricate the compressors to intercooler pipework to suit.

The propshaft is finally finished - seriously heavy duty :o That won't be falling apart any time soon. I'll post some pics next week.

I am hoping that within a couple of weeks we will be ready to start fighting with the electronics. We are going to attempt to use the HKS FCON V Pro ecu with 1000cc injectors and uprated fuel rail etc. This is all uncharted territory on the is200 but we have done it in the Supra. The larger fuel pump and uprated fuel lines have already been done.

That's all for now folks!

Love what is being created here, read through this entire thread just to catch up, cant wait to see it!

just a little Q, what weight is the is200? and what weight is the supra?

surely your putting the engine into a heavier car than the car it was designed for?

supra doesnt come with all the luxury that the lexus does, time for some weight loss?

also what kind of cost are we looking at here? surely buying a supra would have been a cheaper alternative? and then spending all this money on making that faster, could have had the worlds fastest supra or a supra spec lex?

anyways not trying to take anything away from the project just my thoughts on it

big respect to all involved thumbsup.gif

The UK Supra weighs more than a IS200 or 300. It's a big car. The IS300 uses the Supra non-turbo engine so it is partly designed for the engine.

A UK Supra had electric windows, mirrors, CD player, electric seats, climate control, headlamp washers, power steering, 6-speed manual or 4 speed auto, remote central locking, CAT1 alarm. In fact the one thing it is missing is the sunroof and that's not there to improve handling, although your can get an import targa roof model. So I don't think you can say it doesn't have all the luxury, in fact the IS200 doesn't have leather interior which the Supra has.

There are several Supras with 1000+bhp so trying to create the fastest one would not be a easy task plus it's all been done before, how many IS200's do you know with 700bhp?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links