Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Saw The Light And Found The Hidden Treasure

Hi all

Have just bought a 2001 LS430 in Canterbury Blue (very dark) with 57000 miles, full Lexus history, has the premium package. Has four new tyres, new discs and pads at the front, new rear pads and just had the full Lexus 60000 miles service with brake fluid and coolent etc.

Beautifull condition, small scuff to front bumper corner but the rest of the car especially the interior is as new. (just got £200 quote to respray front bumper)

Negotiated the price down from £13995 to £12000 cash and think I got a resonable deal.

Always had S class Merc's before and got sick of paying out money all the time because the buttons stopped working....

Anyway you lot have been keeping this car very quiet from the rest of us.... its just superb, better than an S class and I'm not just saying that because I've bought one. It really is, the ride is smoother and quieter, the performance is about the same as my old S500 but it is crisper and more willing, the engine note is georgous, the steering is nicer, the handling about the same, good for such a big car, the refinement and "woftability" is far better..... and the final BIG plus point.... every single button works, it just does what it says on the tin. It is very comfortable and has just about as much room as my old LWB Merc, I'm 6'5" and my daughter who is 6'1" can sit behind me with room to spare.

The aircon seats are superb, the twin lumbars brilliant and they are the most comfortable seat I have sat in.

The navigation system is excellent for a built in system... better than Merc by a long way

The bit I like best though is the swivelling center vents.... it just looks soooooo cooooool

Anyway enough waffling on here... I'm off to drive it somewhere....

Pete

Guest inicol63

Welcome to LOC

I take it you like your new car lol

Just enjoy and rember that there are a lot of people here that are willing to help with any advice needed.

Ian

Anyway you lot have been keeping this car very quiet from the rest of us....

No, we've been shouting it from the rooftops...it's just that few believe us until they find out for themselves, as you have done. The everlasting belief in the german marques as best for quality, reliability and prestige continues however undeserved with the competition they have in the current marketplace.

its just superb, better than an S class and I'm not just saying that because I've bought one. It really is, the ride is smoother and quieter, the performance is about the same as my old S500 but it is crisper and more willing, the engine note is georgous, the steering is nicer, the handling about the same, good for such a big car, the refinement and "woftability" is far better..... and the final BIG plus point.... every single button works, it just does what it says on the tin. It is very comfortable and has just about as much room as my old LWB Merc, I'm 6'5" and my daughter who is 6'1" can sit behind me with room to spare.

Preaching to the converted on this forum, but welcome to the forum and enjoy your Lexus :) It would be intersting to find out what sort of reaction you'd get if you posted this on Audi, Mercedes or BMW forums :lol: Go on, I dare you.

I have almost the same car as you, and love it just as much as you. I never mind driving anywhere and choose to go on long drives to relax.

Have you noticed when you put your CD's on Random, it is intelligent.

It analyses the tone and beat of each song and then puts the next best song on, so your tunes are alays smooth and flowing.

As you get to know your car, you will find more and more that you fall in love with.

My wife is sure I am having an affair with Susie the Sat-Nav girly...

Good Luck and enjoy the car.

PS the LS430 is the best kept secret, that's why we look so smug when we park beside a German Car. WE KNOW... WE KNOW...

Just got back from a 650mile trip in it and it gets better by the mile... people seem to ignore you in it rather than everybody trying to race you or carve you up when you drive a Merc.... very "Q" car...ish

The sat-nav girl does sound nicer than Jane on a Tomtom but she didn’t know about the M6 toll road so I will have to dig her out from behind the dash and give her a new map to read from!!!!!!

My daughter is only just 15 so behave yourselves.......

It was hard to find a LS430 and since I have had it and driven over 1500miles now I have only seen another 2, a gold one in Hull where I am and a silver one in Marlow, Bucks so these must be pretty exclusive not like Merc's and BM's (also known as "ar*ehole cars" --- everyone has one!!!!)

So is there a meet near me so I can see some others???

Can anyone recommend a good Bluetooth car kit for the Lexus... mine doesn't have the Lexus phone fitted but I want a fully integrated one... mute radio etc...

And lastly is it true that Lexus stands for Luxury EXport to the US

Pete

Sounds like your having lot's of fun fella.

There is a big meet at Haigh Hall on Sunday, if you have a look in the club meets section you'll find all the details.

6'1" at 15 :ohmy: What do you eat in your house????

I bet he eats IS200 Sport Owners

Sounds like your having lot's of fun fella.

There is a big meet at Haigh Hall on Sunday, if you have a look in the club meets section you'll find all the details.

6'1" at 15 :ohmy: What do you eat in your house????

They stand in a greenhouse and eat chicken manure. My sunflower are 6foot plus this year with it.

I must say 6.1 at 15 is a tall lass. she should be on a catwalk.

Glad you came from the Merc class. I nearly bought a S class, But all the right ups and reviews I read made it a no contest.

• 1 month later...
Hi all

Have just bought a 2001 LS430 in Canterbury Blue (very dark) with 57000 miles, full Lexus history, has the premium package. Has four new tyres, new discs and pads at the front, new rear pads and just had the full Lexus 60000 miles service with brake fluid and coolent etc.

Beautifull condition, small scuff to front bumper corner but the rest of the car especially the interior is as new. (just got £200 quote to respray front bumper)

Negotiated the price down from £13995 to £12000 cash and think I got a resonable deal.

Always had S class Merc's before and got sick of paying out money all the time because the buttons stopped working....

Anyway you lot have been keeping this car very quiet from the rest of us.... its just superb, better than an S class and I'm not just saying that because I've bought one. It really is, the ride is smoother and quieter, the performance is about the same as my old S500 but it is crisper and more willing, the engine note is georgous, the steering is nicer, the handling about the same, good for such a big car, the refinement and "woftability" is far better..... and the final BIG plus point.... every single button works, it just does what it says on the tin. It is very comfortable and has just about as much room as my old LWB Merc, I'm 6'5" and my daughter who is 6'1" can sit behind me with room to spare.

The aircon seats are superb, the twin lumbars brilliant and they are the most comfortable seat I have sat in.

The navigation system is excellent for a built in system... better than Merc by a long way

The bit I like best though is the swivelling center vents.... it just looks soooooo cooooool

Pete

Sure looks a lovely car.

Hi all

Pete

Sure looks a lovely car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links