Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Run To Blackpool Meet

Chris.S

OK first does anyone work in insurance? I have spoken to the Council. If we can sort Public Liability Insurance we can potentially have use of St Chads Headland for the day. It is a new man made headland on the Promenade between Central and South Piers. However we would need the insurance before we could use it, with it being Council land in case someone got run over etc.

Quote for the photo session is £400 for a 3 hour shoot. I know that sounds dear but between 20 people is only £20 a head. For that we'd get group shots and individual cars. As for copyright the club and owners would get a non commercial licence for personal use i.e. print off image of own car, and for promotion of the club in print and on website. Images would be provided on a CD which I suppose would be uploaded on to the website.

People still interested?

As I said I can't make the meet but happy to try and help organise. If we get enough for the shoot I'll cover the cost initially and they chase you all down.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris good picture of the Headland, I couldn't find one.

I think it would be a cracking spot. People could park up in the morning then go off to Pleasure Beach etc leaving their cars for people to admire.

I have asked the Council to confirm what level of insurance would be required.

Sounding better each time I log in, I'd be up for this, £20 for a proffessional picture of your motor is a good deal (if 20 people chipped in)

Looks like a craking place to park up, looks like a proper clean for this meet then (and then a ruddy 200 mile trip to get there)

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us

Chris S. and I are looking into the Public Liability Insurance that would be required to use the St Chads Headland.

In the meantime here is a link to some photos of it, it was used for a Kaiser Chiefs concert over the weekend.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoo...pool.3186967.jp :offtopic:

Just to let everyone know that I have passed on details of PLI to those concerned.

Cheers,

Jamie

Yes you did thanks Jamie, just not had chance to call them yet. How much cover did you need for Haigh Hall and how much did it cost? Blackpool Council want £2m of cover.

They also want a written risk assesment. Anyone here do that kind of thing? I think there was a thread about people taking the safety qualification?

The Council also want details on how the event will be marshalled as they don't want the general public following the cars onto the Headland thinking it is a public car park. They also want assurances that the cars will be parked in some form of "display formation". Any views on this people?

I said I thought there might be some banners of display stands. Sorry I have never been to a meet do these exist?

Could we "sell" trade stands to help cover cost of the Insurance?

Risk assessments - I'm having nightmares all over again. Basically, you have to be critical of every eventuallity! Every single thing that could go wrong!

Haigh Hall Show was valued at approx £10m.

From what you're saying, you want to turn this into a show. Trade Stands and companies will all require PLI too, for which they should provide certification for - which must be valid.

Jamie

Its not a show guys its just a meet for a few Lexus Owners and somewhere photogenic for the a shoot. I'm not paying 2m to park on a bit of tarmac lol.

If its going to get stupid then we are best finding somewhere else to do a shoot and then just park up in Blackpool later

Its not a show guys its just a meet for a few Lexus Owners and somewhere photogenic for the a shoot. I'm not paying 2m to park on a bit of tarmac lol.

If its going to get stupid then we are best finding somewhere else to do a shoot and then just park up in Blackpool later

I agree Chris. I will see what the insurance quote is first though. There are a number of public car parks in the town, close to the promenade/sea.

• 2 weeks later...
So we need someone with local knowledge of the area to advise on a good place for a photoshoot

I'd suggest South Beach Car Park, next to the Sandcastle and opposite the Pleasure Beach. It is on the Promenade. Most of the other car parks are inland and not very photogenic.

is that the one at the start of the promenade

If you are joining the promenade from the South (i.e. from the airport/ Starr Gate) yes it is.

The entrance is just before the Sandcastle/White Tower of the Pleasure Beach. Theres a kind of curved wall at the entrance with "South Beach" cut out of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk