Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Conversion Kits

hi guys,

im new to the site and want to say hi and jkeep up the good work loads of great info on this site.

well ive recently bought a is200 sport and am now thinking of turbo charging my car.

has anybody got any info on the best/cheapest places to get a kit from and any other info that you think may be helpfull i.e suggested parts/makers

also if you have the time a rough rundown of a list of parts that i would require so if i get the parts sepereztly then i know what to keep an eye out for.

obviously i will be doing alot more reading before i jump in but a giude to parts would be great to get me off the ground to start researching the different parts etc.

thanks,

jim..

I do a kit for the IS200 which increases the bhp to 255 when fitted.

However before you start to fit the turbo you should look at uprating the suspension by fitting coilovers and anti roll bars (various makes available) uprating the brakes (better pads is the minimum)

When thats done you can have fun

My Turbo kit comprises everything required and is a fitted price

You get the turbo (GT28BB) cast iron manifold, ecu (choice of LINK/Greddy/HKS) downpipe,oil feed/return,intercooler, 3" exhaust system

You'd also be wise to have boost guage/oil temp/EGT guasges fitted.

I have a kit tucked away :whistling:

id also recommend a AFR Gauge, it will show you when ever you run lean or rich and could save your motor if any problems do spring up....

you will be very happy with a turbo IS, im running a prolex kit :D

dave what boost where you running too see 255bhp? was this before or after the fueling was done?

Cheers

id also recommend a AFR Gauge, it will show you when ever you run lean or rich and could save your motor if any problems do spring up....

dave what boost where you running too see 255bhp? was this before or after the fueling was done?

Cheers

THAT WAS .55 BAR

mines at 276 bhp with .75 bar.................not wise tho :whistling:

hmmmm very tempting.

i could do it over the winter months is suppose ready for next year whilst doing the other mods i have planned.

need to do a little more reading into turbo charging first but im pretty set on a turbo so yeah i will probably go for it.

jim...

Cheers

THAT WAS .55 BAR

ah right, i want to turn mine down to about .55 bar if the fueling can cope... i was tempted to run some BP 102 too see if it helped or stoped the miss-firing but it peaks at .68 bar so dont know if i want to chance it if it does boost all the way...

Cheers

THAT WAS .55 BAR

ah right, i want to turn mine down to about .55 bar if the fueling can cope... i was tempted to run some BP 102 too see if it helped or stoped the miss-firing but it peaks at .68 bar so dont know if i want to chance it if it does boost all the way...

you need to get the boost turned down pronto ...............do you have a boost controller ? if not I'd get one yesterday

Cheers

THAT WAS .55 BAR

you need to get the boost turned down pronto ...............do you have a boost controller ? if not I'd get one yesterday

Definately turn the boost down mate. You don't want to be running that much boost without fueling sorted and uprated internals. Or else you will most certainly have a con rod break and put a few holes through your engine block.

I'd say get it looked @ ASAP TBH the people who did it seem to have let you down IMHO

I dont think it matters what boost he's putting in as long as the torque and power isnt over the amount to break the con rods. Hes had it dyno'd at just over 200bhp i think that maybe at the wheels so lets say max 250. I think adies yours blew up well over that didnt it ??? and whoevers else blew up.

I would probably advise to drop it abit but as long as the power and torque are not over 250 it should be ok. Dave how much did Nicos make ??? i think that was over 250 wasnt it ???

I'd say get it looked @ ASAP TBH the people who did it seem to have let you down IMHO

letting me down is a understatement....

sorry for hyjacking this thread a bit but...

i got the car in the air today and found the oil return is leaking, im screwing to say the least, theres no point running .68 bar if i cant put my foot to the floor without miss-firing, when it goes back in asap for all the bits to be sorted and mapped again im going to tell them i want it peaking at a max of .55 bar

letting me down is a understatement....

sorry for hyjacking this thread a bit but...

i got the car in the air today and found the oil return is leaking, im screwing to say the least, theres no point running .68 bar if i cant put my foot to the floor without miss-firing, when it goes back in asap for all the bits to be sorted and mapped again im going to tell them i want it peaking at a max of .55 bar

sorry to hear that. they should put it right for you.

.55 bar is plenty enough..............

• 1 month later...

hey...

well i saw the tread started with a newbee so i thought i could get in on this one... Ive been a member for a while... but never used it... Great to see so many people giving free advice and help.. so firstly thanks ....... 2nd,... i am keen on upgrading my is200 sport... for performance... and well i was lookin at spending somewhere in the region of 5000 to 7000, but i guess more if its worth it....and less if i can of course... :winky: which is why im here.... to see where to start.. and get the best for my money!

Hope u guys dont mind helping!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links