Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anyone Good With Computer Viruses ?

Chris.S

Lol does help to say what the problem is doesnt it

After numerous antivirus scans im being told my pc is 100% clean but when im on msn messenger live ghost conversations start to appear and im unable to click on contacts unless i sign out and then in

On doing so all online contacts say my msn has been sending them a file to download

i use Mcafee and they offer a free scan of your system from their web site. Also the full version (which costs but is best on market imo) also covers intant messaging. In addition i also use spybot which is free to get rid of spyware programs etc. Spybot is free.

as well as anti virus, have you got a firewall installed, as you could potentially have someone actualling coming into your computer from outside, it's possible but unlikely.

i use Mcafee and they offer a free scan of your system from their web site. Also the full version (which costs but is best on market imo) also covers intant messaging. In addition i also use spybot which is free to get rid of spyware programs etc. Spybot is free.

as well as anti virus, have you got a firewall installed, as you could potentially have someone actualling coming into your computer from outside, it's possible but unlikely.

yep got a firewall running and and spyware too

What Anti virus stuff have you scanned with?

AVG is free from here http://free.grisoft.com/ and has triggered virus alerts where Norton and others have failed. the spyware stuff already mentioned are also worth a shot, I use Spybot, adaware and spyware blaster once a week to try and keep things at bay.

Might also be worth going to microsoft.com and getting the latest download of their malicious software removal tool, and make sure your windows update is up to date to.

What Anti virus stuff have you scanned with?

AVG is free from here http://free.grisoft.com/ and has triggered virus alerts where Norton and others have failed. the spyware stuff already mentioned are also worth a shot, I use Spybot, adaware and spyware blaster once a week to try and keep things at bay.

that found a trojan downloader within 20 seconds

I agree with DJ Wozza, uninstall your MSN, scan for viruses, the reinstall MSN back. But if i were you, i would start backing up my files just in case. I had a similar problem using yahoo messenger and these trojans aren't easy to remove. SOme of them hides in the root directory and will stay dormant till they get triggered. Good Luck!

get a 30 day trial version of kaspersky antivirus its the best you can get. Dont bother with norton as it doesnt detect a lot of viruses and is a complete pig to remove 100% from your computer

yep found out about Norton when it f***ed up an hard drive in my last pc

I agree with DJ Wozza, uninstall your MSN, scan for viruses, the reinstall MSN back. But if i were you, i would start backing up my files just in case. I had a similar problem using yahoo messenger and these trojans aren't easy to remove. SOme of them hides in the root directory and will stay dormant till they get triggered. Good Luck!

yep i did that last night, when i get home tonight il do another scan and then reinstall it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links