Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oil Catch Can

Its not really needed on most N/A cars.

however i will soon be investing in one!

It basically catch's the oil that is usually fed back into your induction from the breather pipe at the top of the engine, im getting one so there will be no oil fed back into the engine and to bling up the engine bay slightly, although mine will be black :whistling: :shutit:

Jason :P

i know people say they are not need but when i stripped the compressor down there was a lot of oil residue on the lobes and on the internal surfaces....... if i was allowed to have one i would

could you not recycle it back into the inlet after the catch can :yawn:

i know people say they are not need but when i stripped the compressor down there was a lot of oil residue on the lobes and on the internal surfaces....... if i was allowed to have one i would

If supercharged i would think it may be worth getting for £40-50 quid its amazing how much actually builds up overtime

barry yes you can i have mine so it goes through the catch tank then back in to the induction kit (after the filter)

in my mind having it go back to the inlet is a waste of time as oil vapour is getting put straight back into the compressor

True but as most ppl do it i'll be a sheep :) not sure why they do tho as could easily have it hanging out bottom on engine so the vapours just float out there

The only reason the pipe is put back into the intake after the catch can is to comply with emissions etc etc.

Factory cars can not be seen to have any smoke or oil vapours coming from any car unless it is exiting through the exhaust. This is why the vapours are recirculated back into the engine so that when the emissions test is done, that all the gases from the car are present.

The same reason a screamer pipe on an external wastegate should not pass MOT as it is seen to be letting the exhaust gases bypass the exhaust and hence not giving a true emissions reading, even though the wastegate only opens on full boost.

In reality you can fit the can if you want and just vent it off to the atmosphere with no probs. Thats how mine is fitted as I didn't want it re-routed into the intake. Some people even just fit the small breather filters with nothing else but I expect they would get clogged up over time and eventually block the breather outlet.

The one i have ordered is just black, square type. has the 15mm hose fittings but come with no hose lines, will be buying these elsewhere! Cost £30 plus £8 postage.

My bro has one on his super quick mr2, this one goes back into the induction kit after the catch tank. However we took the filter off the other day and there is loads of oil in the induction lines. Needless to say he will be venting it to atmosphere and removing the return line! :whistling:

Will get pictures of it up when i get it on the car!

Jaosn :P

You can always rely on Jason for the good stuff.

(do you have a link ?)

I'll be waiting for the photos, info on where/how much

for hoses etc, then copying ya matey.

Copying is actually a compliment ya know :winky:

This is the guy i bought mine from ebay shop

they all come with different adaptors, mounting plate and hose clips, just need to buy the hose itself!

He sells round, square, blue, red, black and chrome versions. Im trying to de-bling my engine bay at the moment and go for a more, black-stealth aproach to tie in with the rest of the car, thats why i went for the black one!

To be completely honest i know i don't need one on a n/a car, however if it stops the smallest amounts of oil going back into the engine then it surely will be better for the car and on that respect i consider it money well spent!!! :whistling:

wozza, will let ya know where i get hoses etc from.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links