• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about we do a charity dip

Only rule being that you have to go in up to your chest

I don't go in the Sea anymore, a while back I had a nasty encounter

with a Japanese ship and a Harpoon :shutit:

PMSL :lol::lol:

Looks like John is going to have to take the charity callenge then.....unless we have any other brave hero's willing to take the plunge :whistling:

may have a slight problem........

Aristo lost all power y/day...........would only go if i used full throttle for 5/8 seconds then dying out.........very smooth though.....spoke to Steve who reckons the SLD may have a loose wire...........if you switch her off and fire her up she's fine............will have a look tonight.......anyone got a soldering iron !!!!!!!!!

So from Barrie's route it makes :

A22 (Eastbourne Road)

turn right onto

A264 (Copthorne Road - Snow Hill)

-------

At the roundabout before Copthorne, turn left to the Dukes Head pub for meeting point.

Turn left

Turners Hill Road

At Turners Hill turn right

Paddockhurst Road

Turn left

Balcombe Road

Turn right

High Streeet - High Beech Lane

follow to Brighton

more precise details of Brighton to come

Are people ok with this route as it brings you on to handcross hill bit of a nasty place to get out on to A23. High Beech lane is a good road though for motorbike esspecially.

You guys who havent been down here before you have to go up Ditchling beacon in a car its crazy if people want to i can carry on from the route above down to brighton via Ditchling beacon up to you people really.

O yeah John the lexus place is about 2 min drive from me but parking is a bit of an issue if we have more than i would say 6-8 cars. But it is really nice used to be a porche dealer ship.

Looks like John is going to have to take the charity callenge then.....unless we have any other brave hero's willing to take the plunge :whistling:

Did i volunteer for this :ohmy: Looks like its me then, :D

Did i volunteer for this :ohmy: Looks like its me then, :D

dont forget a towel

i will bring the camera

:D

Ok i've just gone through a route with the old man, he reckons this would be best for good sights and nice roads without taking to long.

The way points are just so i got the blue line in the right places. what do people think about this route, It takes us to Marina didnt know if we we're going there first or to Lexus which is the other side of brighton. (big old link dunno why sorry)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=e...p;z=10&om=1

Ok i've just gone through a route with the old man, he reckons this would be best for good sights and nice roads without taking to long.

The way points are just so i got the blue line in the right places. what do people think about this route, It takes us to Marina didnt know if we we're going there first or to Lexus which is the other side of brighton. (big old link dunno why sorry)

i thought we were going to the dealership first

we could go along the a27 towards hove then double back along the seafront

didnt realise we were going to the marina, ! i thought we were parking up at the end of madeira drive in the car park

i thought we were going to the dealership first

didnt realise we were going to the marina, ! i thought we were parking up at the end of madeira drive in the car park

Ok thats cool when we get to ditchling beacon i'll go in front and people can follow me to the dealer then we can go to maderia drive.

Where we're parking is about about 300-400 meter walk to Marina its alonger walk to the pier On the link above it should be the road below sorry But around the same area. We can only hope that the Maderia drive is clear then we can park a little closer to pier/lanes/town etc. There is parking the whole way down there and at this time of year should be empty (ish)

The company my dad works for have got a car park right in the middle of town which would be free but i, not sure 10 or so lexus's in there would go down well LoL. I'll ask though.

The LOC London to Brighton run will be on Sunday 28th october

The meeting point will be HERE if you put the post code in your tom tom it will take you virtually there, just follow the signs for the "National Sports Centre" then head for the car park.

If we could all be there for around 9.00 am to leave at approx 9.30.

A big thanks to Bazza who is setting out the route for us, no motorways, just a scenic route.

We will be taking up Lexus Brightons offer of a coffee and a chat, then heading for the seafront to park at the Black Rock Car Park, which is at the eastern end of Madeira drive.

Attendees

Johnboy 2

Prolex uk 2 + dog

norkep 2

wozza 4

yemgi 1

Bazza & Janey 2

surgical virus

vyker

Vykers mate

JamesG

Ellz

DjDon +3

Graham8370 2

Spacewagon52

evoelf 3

Am looking forward to Sunday, just to let you know I may bring a friend not sure yet tho.

B)

Itinerary is:

9.00 : meet at Crystal Palace

10.00: meet at the Grasshopper Inn (Westerham)

11.30: meet at Dukes Head (Copthorne)

12.30: meet at Lexus Brighton

2.00 : meet at Madeira Drive car park (far end)

2.30 : John goes swimming

all subject to slight changes

allowances are made for breaks for food and drink

the idea is that it is a run

which means: no prizes for the fastest or first to arrive

speed limits to be adhered to as appropriate for the conditions and company

Guys, I'm not going to be able to make this, im taking my car to the bodyshop tomorrow and he told me that i wont get it back till sunday afternoon!

Im tempted to leave it till next weekend, but he cant promise me a time slot in the booth as someone has cancelled this weekend...

Sorry all, and i hope you all have fun!

Vyker in Damaged Lexus, signing out!

Itinerary is:

Barry where abouts in Copthorne are people meeting as I might just meet people there as it will save me time and about £20 in fuel the way my cars going at the moment LoL. Yemgi's directions just say snow hill copthorne not an actual meet point.

Itinerary is:

Barry where abouts in Copthorne are people meeting as I might just meet people there as it will save me time and about £20 in fuel the way my cars going at the moment LoL. Yemgi's directions just say snow hill copthorne not an actual meet point.

the Dukes Head

elliot read these instructions in reverse, where it says left do a right , where it says right do a left, where it says before do it after........ok

At the roundabout before Copthorne, turn left to the Dukes Head pub for meeting point.

Turn left

Turners Hill Road

Paddockhurst Road

Turn left

Balcombe Road

Turn right

follow to Brighton

:winky:

Itinerary is:

the Dukes Head

elliot read these instructions in reverse, where it says left do a right , where it says right do a left, where it says before do it after........ok

Turn left

Turners Hill Road

Paddockhurst Road

Turn left

Balcombe Road

Turn right

follow to Brighton

:winky:

Wops didnt see Dukes Head pub in there was so used to looking at road names and numbers ok, i'll meet people here give me a little lay in :D i'll try and do the run up i've posted up so i can see if anythings getting busy, and get double the fun of the roads :D

what route are you going to take from the Grasshopper Inn (Westerham) to the Dukes Head (Copthorne)?

as posted previously

1st stop off at the regular monthly meeting place the Grasshopper Inn - beverages and a walk for dave

continue on the A25 (Westerham Road - East Hill - West Hill - Godstone Road - Oxted Road )

turn left onto

A22 (Eastbourne Road)

turn right onto

A264 (Copthorne Road - Snow Hill)

-------

Am off to work shortly, everyone clear about meeting points ?

9.00am Crystal Palace National Sports Centre Car Park (entrance nr top of Anerley Hill)

10.00am Grasshopper Inn (A25 between Oxted & Westerham )

11.30am Dukes Head (Turners Hill Road Copthorne)

12.30pm Lexus Brighton (Victoria Road, Portslade, Brighton, BN41 1YL )

2.00pm Black Rock Car Park (at the eastern end of Madeira Drive)

2.30pm Dip in the Sea time for John & poss me too if enough money raised

Any question then post up or send me a PM and I will PM you back

with my mobile but this should really be easy peasy.

Also note the clocks go BACK 1 hour @ 1 am

See u all tomoz :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk