Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Leather Seats

jac114

Can anybody out there give me some infomation on a good quality product to help look after my leather seats the seem to be getting a bit dry.. how can i keep them supple and where can i buy it from?

cheers jac

Can anybody out there give me some infomation on a good quality product to help look after my leather seats the seem to be getting a bit dry.. how can i keep them supple and where can i buy it from?

cheers jac

I got some Zymol leather cleaner.

Had been looking for it for a while, had heard wonderful things about it - couldn't find it in the UK.

Then found some in Halfords!!! £7.99 for a biggish bottle.

And it is very good indeed!

The best thing was I was only in there because it was Saturday, and SWMBO wanted to go shopping, so my choices were get dragged around B&Q looking at plants, or hang out in Halfords with the boy ricers.

Last bottle on the shelf!

This was the Halfords in Wallasey, J1 M53.

Autoglym for me too.

I had a kit a few years ago that had different bottles of Autoglym product for outside plastics, inside plastics, cutting polish etc. It was a few bob, but found it a great bit of kit.

The stuff for the insides was also recommended for leather trim etc. (think it was the yellow bottle you can sometimes find at Halfords)

I used it on my old Carlton GSi which had leather trim, and as RandR says, it also leaves a nice , just-cleaned fragrance.

Steve J.

I used to use auto glym on my last car.

Picked up my new car today and I had asked for it to be Supaguarded. The extras (interior & exterior treatment) that come with the car say that 'normal' leather cleaners should not be used and only 'supaguard'. I did chuckle :P

• 2 weeks later...
I used to use auto glym on my last car.

Picked up my new car today and I had asked for it to be Supaguarded. The extras (interior & exterior treatment) that come with the car say that 'normal' leather cleaners should not be used and only 'supaguard'. I did chuckle :P

Anyone actually used the Supagard leather product? Double the price of the others - but any good?

Funnily enough I was looking in Halfords today at Leather cleaners. They had the Autoglym cleaner but I thought the spray might be messy as the seats are only half leather and it may go onto the suede.

In the past I've always used Halfords own two stage cleaner and conditioner and I've always been impressed (even for getting black denim stains off light leather). I've also tried turtle wax leather cleaner from Halfords but that was rubbish.

Has anyone tried the Williams F1 cleaner/conditioner? That was the only other one in Halfords that almost tempted me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links