Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nokia N95 Opinions?

IRLRs200

Due for an upgrade soon and can get the N95 at a good price? Are they as good as all the reviews are making out? Was also looking at the Samsung G800, but its not out yet over here?

Ive got one pretty happy with it nothing gone wrong yet (fingers crossed) got a 4gig chip i think you can get an 8 gig now so plenty of space camera is great in good light but like all camera phones in the dark it struggles. Sat nav is good i havent paid for the talking function and tomor it will get me to my girlfriends cousins house inthe middle of nowhere fine.

all in all for 12 months it'll do you fine

I haven't changed my phone for over 3 years :blush:. I was going to go with the N95 on three (my network) with a free upgrade and one of their free internet and X-services plans but then the N95 8Gb come out with better GPS, bigger 2.8" screen and its supposed to be faster..but now 3 don't do the N95 8GB! :( Seems that Vodaphone are the only ones to offer it.

The new N82 looks good too, it has almost all the features of the N95 yet without the slider and a slightlyt smaller screen. Thing it comes out early December.

N95 8GB

http://www.nseries.com/products/n95/#l=products,n95_8gb

N82

http://www.nseries.com/products/n95/#l=products,n82

My N95 is a little slow when running the Maps, also, I haven't figured out whether its possible to end a call by just sliding it closed, other than that, spot on phone, I got mine of fleabay for £200 and use it with my Pay as you go sim, came with a 4gb card too, I find internet usage acceptable for cheating in the pub quiz too, the browser is much better than the older models, the camera is excellent, the video camera is excellent, the 3D ringtonefeature sounds good (although I got bored with them and just have them as they normally are)

Personallly I think the N series are a nightmare .............. the new N81 apparently uses a newer Symbion operation system, so maybe it's better ?

They are slow, crash and freeze all the time !

Personallly I think the N series are a nightmare .............. the new N81 apparently uses a newer Symbion operation system, so maybe it's better ?

They are slow, crash and freeze all the time !

i've had various N series handsets, and I agree, they are slow, and like freezing up far too often, but N95 is also on the newer software, and apart from the Battery life, they are much better than older ones, only slows if its very busy, just make sure you close programs like the gallery and music player, and don't leave Bluetooth on when you don't need it either

When yousay debranded it .... do you mean taken off the likes of say the 'orange home page bar' .........

Also, when you say firmware, do you mean 'actual' firmware .... or the software ?

One more thing ......... can TomTom now use the built in GPS or do you still have to use the sat nav that comes built in ?

I have removed all the branding items such as the bar that you mentioned. The phone now has a lot more on it compared to that of when the operators remove content. The phone also no longer has the operators splash screen at boot ;)

The latest firmware I have just updated to is version 12.0.0.013

There is a rumoured version 21.0.0.1 which has not yet been released.

TomTom software has not yet been released for compatibility for the internal GPS hardware as yet, but will be soon hopefully.

If anyone would like information on debranding the phone, please do contact me.

Kind regards,

Jamie

ok thanks for that.so are you saying its dangerous then?what i mean is can the phones software become easily damaged in any way by performing this code reset?im a little thick with things like this,sorry if that sounds stupid.

ok thanks for that.so are you saying its dangerous then?what i mean is can the phones software become easily damaged in any way by performing this code reset?im a little thick with things like this,sorry if that sounds stupid.

You have 5 goes to input the code correctly, if after 5 attempts its still wrong with phone will go into a suspense mode. The only way around it then would be to use a cable or try taking it a dodgy mobile shop :)

You have 5 goes to input the code correctly, if after 5 attempts its still wrong with phone will go into a suspense mode. The only way around it then would be to use a cable or try taking it a dodgy mobile shop :)

I have the N95

After exchanging the first one, T-mobile branded which was terrible (slow, crashed constantly, V poor Battery and strange noises in the speaker) the second unbranded is great!.

Make sure it is a generic one ie not locked to a network as the networks software makes them really slow. You can unlock a branded one but this invalidates any warranty on it and as Jamie says in the other post its at your own risk!

You should be able to get a generic unit form Carphone Warehouse as your upgrade depending on the network (not free advertising but as i work there i know we have them!) but not sure where you would go in dublin.. (my geography is terrible!)

i get about two days out of one charge and avg usage.

very happy with the phone, great camera, good for music and works great on wifi/3g..

warranty is worth feck all, the fact that you can upgrade software and firmware so easily means half the problems you can fix yourself, if insurance/warranty is £5 a month, stick it in a jar, if your phone don't break, spend it on beer, or petrol, or ringtones, or a cowboy outfit, or a new cassette player

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links