Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why does the rear screen gather so much rain?

Why is there no rear wiper when it is clearly not clearing itself?

At least the demister is a beaut.

While I'm at it, the front demister is very slow either on screen or on "front". I was not expecting to have to wipe the inside windscreen of a morning!

Why does the rear screen gather so much rain?

Why is there no rear wiper when it is clearly not clearing itself?

At least the demister is a beaut.

While I'm at it, the front demister is very slow either on screen or on "front". I was not expecting to have to wipe the inside windscreen of a morning!

The front demister is fine, if you're wiping the inside I would check a few things.

1) Have the car been standing for a while before you've owned it? If so maybe just damp in the floor that needs proper drying out. Heaters on full with rewindow open a little to let out the warm moist air. Do that for a few days and should dry them up.

2) Do you have a leek around the top of the windscreen or sunroof seal?

3) Is the front button working correctly or have you set the temp and blower speed correctly. Myself I use HIGH, FRONT BUTTON ON & 30%, Normally does the trick in a few hundred yards.

As for the rear, Go faster and it just blows off.

All in all, If thats all thats wrong with the car then you'll find a lot more cars with the same problems.

I get the same problem with water on the rear screen , coming from a hatchback with a wiper i miss it now.

I find it helps to give then screen a quick wipe with a old wiper blade or squeegy if the rains stopped when you set off.

Also a lot of condensation builds up on bottom of screen inside which i keep having to wipe. The car is not garaged though so it cant help in the winter.

cheers steve.

hi

steve I have the same problem with the rear screen misting up from the inside. I have done the following:

a) Switch the air Re-circulate option off

B) Open one of the rear windows slighlty when dricing with the heaters on

I done this a few times and it has helped alot - although i still get about 5 inches on mist right towards the bottom.

While im here i wanted to ask do you know how the black trim pieces at the bottom of the bumpers fit on - are they bolted on?? ive been meaning to look at them and then try to order some from the breakers - but havent had the chance - and the rain hasnt stopped much.

regards

miq

Have to say this is one of the very few niggles I have with my LS, but then I am used to rear wash/wipe hatches, as suggested by Steve, I squeegy the outside before moving off.

Doesn't help that my rear screen heater elements are not that good so I do sometimes get the damn thing misting up inside which drives me nuts :(............don't think I want to ask how much a new rear screen is fitted though!

I squegee the rear window before I start off too!

I lost one bar on the demister also and can't find a break to repair. I got the repair kit too!

I never use the recirculate as I know it sends you too sleep and does mist up the windows no end.

hi

steve I have the same problem with the rear screen misting up from the inside. I have done the following:

a) Switch the air Re-circulate option off

B) Open one of the rear windows slighlty when dricing with the heaters on

I done this a few times and it has helped alot - although i still get about 5 inches on mist right towards the bottom.

While im here i wanted to ask do you know how the black trim pieces at the bottom of the bumpers fit on - are they bolted on?? ive been meaning to look at them and then try to order some from the breakers - but havent had the chance - and the rain hasnt stopped much.

regards

miq

hi miq, thanks for the tips on demisting, as for the front bumper trims ive not had chance to price them yet but have been told they are bolted on as you say but to remove you need to remove the under tray piece as well (dont quote me on that, its just what ive been told) .Will have a proper look over xmas.

just a thing to check for piece of mind..... my rear screen was misting up badly so i looked into it further and found the aerial to be leaking into the inner wing and a puddle forming n/s below boot mat.

The inside if the inner wing has badly rusted although no clue was given from outside.

Ive removed the aerial , cleaned up the rusted inner and refittted and sealed with silicone sealant .This seames to have worked in the way of keepimg the rear screen clear but i know i have to let a bodyshop sort the panel out proprely after xmas.

Worth checking on your series 3 if you have a misted rear screen inside.

steve.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links