Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Had A 250 For The Day

Hi guys, had my 200 in for a few niggles yesterday and they gave me a 250 for the day. Not to insult anyone that has a 250 on here, but I felt the same getting into the car as I did when I test drove an avensis, suitably unimpressed and uninspired. Made me glad a opted for a newish is200 (and spent the rest of the budget on the sound system/sat nav) instead of a 250. my biggest annoyance was the lack of driving view (with the rear view mirror so low down, I felt like I was blind driving)

sound system and MM was great though!

each to his own and that! but I don't think i'll be making the upgrade in the next couple of years as planned.

Its like that sometimes.

Like looking for a house - sometimes you walk in and straight away you just don't like it. Can't really say why so you pick up on silly things.

What about the GS? Some of the used ones are quite good prices. Have you tried one?

Its like that sometimes.

Like looking for a house - sometimes you walk in and straight away you just don't like it. Can't really say why so you pick up on silly things.

What about the GS? Some of the used ones are quite good prices. Have you tried one?

I would love the new GS so nice

Its like that sometimes.

Exactly, I thought I'd love driving it, but something just didn't make it the experience I thought it might be, and yes the GS has been on my mind...

I also don't want to offend any 250 drivers on here but I felt the same. I felt very uninspired driving a 250 - it was exactly as you say, just like a posh Avensis. Being totally honest, I never feel inspired driving my 200 either - I think most Japanese saloons are the same - I respect some of them enormously, but I just can't love them. Small Italian cars are another matter!

I also don't want to offend any 250 drivers on here but I felt the same. I felt very uninspired driving a 250 - it was exactly as you say, just like a posh Avensis. Being totally honest, I never feel inspired driving my 200 either - I think most Japanese saloons are the same - I respect some of them enormously, but I just can't love them. Small Italian cars are another matter!

try a GS...Lexus gave me one for a few weeks when the 200 went in...different planet...defo my next motor

I felt exactly the same when I had a 250 when my IS200 was in for it's first service.. The 250 is undeniably superior, quieter, more powerful and technically more advanced.. but a little too grown up and corporate for me and it just didn't say "Get in and lets go" to me.. My 200 has lots of flaws.. the gearbox whine, the funky dash that only I like, the pointless cup holders and the ability to make me feel good no matter how lousy I feel... The 200 is a Jap car with both soul and reliability.

Yeah The 250 is a little high in the side for me too, makes me feel a little hemmed in

I understand what you say, as I had two IS-200s before the IS-250.

The IS-250 is a better looking car, and is far nicer inside, but is so refined that I feel that it is less powerful than the IS-200.

Sounds weird, but the IS-250 lacks the "growl" of the IS-200. However, it is in a totally superior class in terms of equipment, looks and useability. Though I wish the car had more power and better MPG, it beats the socks off the BMW, Merc or Audi competitors. Once you get used to the notchy gearbox on the IS-250 (the only feature that compares badly with the old IS), you will become as attached to it as the old one. The Bluetooth, stereo and keyless system are unbelievable. The car is quiet, but gets going well between 30-80mph. Its too slow from 1st (gear change needed too soon) and gollops juice above 90mph, but any any speed, it feels more solid and stable than any other car on the planet and must be one of the best looking cars on the road. Prices have come way down for them, though lexus dealers seek 3-4K more than a fair asking price.

If only lexus would do a 3.0litre diesel that is as good, fuel efficient and reliable as the BMW 330d - then they would have a winner

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links