Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Blubs For My Lex

I want to change my headlight bulbs to a white or blue tint or as they say here brighter which is a plus, sadly cant afford a proper improvement like hids. Has anyone used the following ones from eBay or can you recommend any to me, are they easy just plug an play?

Thanks for any help in advance... :D

item number 310018422976

Item number: 140201157967

Item number: 260204960713

Your best bet without going through HID is the following.

Buy a set of 9006/HB4 to 9005/HB3 harness from http://www.innovativewiring.com/, USD$30 shipped to UK.

Get some Halfords Super Brillance HB3 (50% brighter) from Halfrauds, or other 50% brighter bulbs, £20ish a pair.

Follow instructions in this article to modify the bulbs, 5 mins job max.

http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/More_light.htm

Whatever you do if you want brighter and NOT just blue-er lights, don't get blue tint bulbs, they just make the light output dimmer.

Why 9005/HB3? It's 10W brighter and no tipped cap at the front.

I got this setup on my car at the mo, so I'm speaking from experience here, check my car registry (link in sig) for some pics.

try Autobulbs Direct and Ghost Styling

Just type in Lexus in the search box of the E-Bay shop and you will find loads to choose from.

Get their ICE White bulbs, they are 6000-6500k and very good value for a crisp white with very tiny blue tint.

I would however suggest getting White LED's for the sidelight bulbs.

(try Item number: 270207323548 or similar, loads on E-Bay)

Total around £15 for 3 sets of bulbs from Autobulbs Direct , plus a £5 or so for LED upgraded sidelights.

Just type in Lexus in the search box of the E-Bay shop and you will find loads to choose from.

Get their ICE White bulbs, they are 6000-6500k and very good value for a crisp white with very tiny blue tint.

Total around £15 for 3 sets of bulbs from Autobulbs Direct , plus a £5 or so for LED upgraded sidelights.

personally wouldnt bother with the LED side lights anymore.tho they look great have had 2-3 sets and lasted no longer than a couple of months. ( dont believe the hype! ) RING do ordinary side light bulbs in super white and cool blue now for around £3.

Thats who I used for my upgrade, bargain and came with a full 4 bulb set and white sides for £15+3 postage.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=47386

Happy with mine, not super bright, but better than standard and look better.

Thats who I used for my upgrade, bargain and came with a full 4 bulb set and white sides for £15+3 postage.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=47386

Happy with mine, not super bright, but better than standard and look better.

Orderd m8 thanks 4 the pics in ur post will let u know if there any good once they arrive :D

Ok have bulbs in hand but how do I get the old ones out? do they just unclip as them seem pretty solid or do i need to unscrew things? why is it never simple lol

also got a loads of fuses with them do I need to change any?

Fuses are just a gift!

Connectors are quite stiff and need careful squeezing and pulling to get out, once the connectors are off, the bulbs rotate a few degrees and pull out. (careful as its wasy to accidently touch the blub glass)

Expect a few mm less skin on knuckles, especially after passenger side, the fuse boxes etc make them hard to reach!

Fuses are just a gift!

Connectors are quite stiff and need careful squeezing and pulling to get out, once the connectors are off, the bulbs rotate a few degrees and pull out. (careful as its wasy to accidently touch the blub glass)

Expect a few mm less skin on knuckles, especially after passenger side, the fuse boxes etc make them hard to reach!

Excellant m8 will attempt tomorrow i must need to squeeze harder etc, they havent been out in 9yrs prob pretty stuck in there lol

I got the upgrade white kit and now its all fitted with a bit of strength used this time lol... gotta wait till dark to see the difference, I did however notice that there only 4500k lights. will I see any difference I was hoping they would be 6500k?? :(

The sidelights are clearly brighter an whiter so that is a plus at least :D

the K rating is only the colour/temperature of the light. THe 6000k tend to look very blue. 4500 is closer to pure white.

Well checked them last night an there pure white so your right m8 thanks for the help, well happy with the look. Whether they have improved vision I would say abit to be fair, but as you all know and recommended HIDs if you have the money are going to be best results and vast improvement but these certainly look an work better than those horrible yellow tinted lights :D

Pics soon when I find my disc been missing months lol also car not been cleaned in months so thats due a bath an a few mods need pics taken... Induction Kit, lights, dash lights etc

LEXUS IS200 99-

Dip Beam - 9006/HB4

Main Beam - 9005/HB3

Sidelight - 501w /T10/W5W

Side Turn - 501w /T10/W5W

Front Fog 99-2003 - 9006/HB4

Front Fog 2003 ON - H3

Front Turn Indicator - T20 /7440/582

Rear High Mounted Stop Light - T20 /7440/582

Licence Plate - 501w /T10/W5W X 2

Rear Fog - T20 /7440/582

Reverse light - T20 /7440/582

Rear indicator - amber 582y

Stop/Tail - R580 /w21\5w

Interior Middle Dome - 269 /festoon 31mm

Interior Front - Ba9

Glove Box - R286 / 5mm

Ignition barrel ring - R286 / 5mm

Door Marker lights - 501w /T10/w5w

Boot Light - 501w /T10/w5w

taken from Aztecbandit1's bulbs thread

LEXUS IS200 99-

Dip Beam - 9006/HB4

Main Beam - 9005/HB3

Sidelight - 501w /T10/W5W

Side Turn - 501w /T10/W5W

Front Fog 99-2003 - 9006/HB4

Front Fog 2003 ON - H3

Front Turn Indicator - T20 /7440/582

Rear High Mounted Stop Light - T20 /7440/582

Licence Plate - 501w /T10/W5W X 2

Rear Fog - T20 /7440/582

Reverse light - T20 /7440/582

Rear indicator - amber 582y

Stop/Tail - R580 /w21\5w

Interior Middle Dome - 269 /festoon 31mm

Interior Front - Ba9

Glove Box - R286 / 5mm

Ignition barrel ring - R286 / 5mm

Door Marker lights - 501w /T10/w5w

Boot Light - 501w /T10/w5w

taken from Aztecbandit1's bulbs thread

i knew i'd come in handy at some point :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links